I have done private tutoring in the past, and my starting point is always the particular problems that the student in front of me has. I then try and give a fairly structured plan of work. I do not "teach to test", and my focus is definitely on really getting the student to understand the concepts himself. I place a high degree of emphasis on clarity of expression.
I trained in the City and worked for several years for Addleshaw Goddard as a Property and Projects lawyer. I then pursued an academic career, first in Berlin, then Oxford. I have returned to legal practice in local government.
I prefer to teach at home, but can travel within South or Central London.
2000 – 2007: The Warburg Institute, London, PhD (part-time) in History
1992 – 1997: Oxford University, St. John's College
BA in Philosophy, Latin and Greek
2004: Qualified as a Solicitor with current full practising certificate (roll: 322683)
Currently studying ATT foundation papers.
June 2019 to present Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council
Position held: Senior Solicitor
• Leases, management work (consents and licences), freehold sales, some development work, advice on appropriation, responsible for new highways templates, boundary disputes, insolvent retail tenants advice (CVA), academies extensions (agreement for lease, building contract, lease) etc, property aspects of the disaggregation of a waste processing facility, attended planning committees, s.106 advice, advice on SSSIs, writing new district heating policy, miscellaneous smaller property and planning enquiries.
September 2018 to February 2019 Hampshire County Council
Position held: Senior Legal Adviser
● Spearheading a new single platform to provide property advice to charities, including developing an innovative app-based platform for advice to smaller charities.
● Litigation advice in relation to commons land and planning prosecutions
● Typical diet of acquisitions, disposals and management for internal and external clients
● Exposure to some local authority governance issues and planning and highways matters (esp. infrastructure agreements e.g. a large former hospital turned residential development agreement on lighting, roads and drainage)
● Some insolvency work, esp. CVA’s
● Internal papers on Internal Transfer Pricing, and Insurance Risks in a Grenfell type situation.
[January 2018 – June 2018 Various temporary assignments including: Garden Court Chambers, W Legal, Net Planet Ltd, Hunters LLP
Position held: Commercial Property & Document Review Locum Lawyer
• Reviewing proposed leases of new office developments
• Tasks involved providing detailed analysis of potential gaps in defendant's disclosure bundle for a construction industry case, and some discussion of advocacy tactics on Housing cases
• Managing and disseminating large amount of documents in advance of a hearing relating to the construction (and consequent delays) on an oil refinery, within energy and projects sphere.
• Reviewing multiple leases for restaurant premises, advising on changes & easements.
• Carrying out ad-hoc conveyancing work for various private practices]
[March 2018 – Present Bloomsbury Law Tutors
Position held: Tutor
● Private tutoring in land law, commercial property (LPC option) and equity
[January 2011 to May 2012 London2018
Position held: Director
● Director of a company, whose purpose was to bring the Gay Games to London in 2018. My work here was some education of other officers in company law, conduct of meetings, and general input on marketing team.]
September 2010 – September 2018 Wolfson College, Oxford University
Position held: Research Fellow
● Range of duties including teaching, research and some administrative duties: main field of history early modern 1500-1700. I attended many committee meetings, experiencing a highly consensual model of decision-making.
September 2007 – August 2010 MPIWG, Berlin
Position held: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
● A position requiring pursuit of own research project in the history of science and the history of law and various international collaborations. Numerous publications.
October 2004 – August 2007 Addleshaw Goddard, Leeds/London
Position held: Associate Solicitor
Commercial Property and Projects
● Clients included a major fashion retailer and a pension fund. Surrenders, rent deposits, underleases, licences.
● Allocated the role of historical title investigation for the redevelopment of a major railway station
● Acted for a major telecommunications provider involving several small-scale conveyances of telephone exchanges
● Produced deeds of easement and historic gas grants for the railway industry
● Acted in purchasing a £3.1m 140 acre site of unregistered land from the Coal Authority, including manorial rights
● Acted for two large NHS Local Improvement Finance Trusts
● Developed understanding of s.106 agreements within the PFI sphere
● Worked on matters involving occasional other mixed-use development
● Documentation for a combined heat and power unit (decentralized heating system)
September 2002 – September 2004 Halliwell Landau, City of London
Position held: Trainee Solicitor
Mainly Corporate and Property work, together with some environmental.
civil law lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest law general lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, graduate diploma in law lessons for all!
Taking preparation for lpc lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||Not available||£30|