I am a qualified teacher and state registered music therapist with extensive experience teaching both adults and children in Belgium, Portugal, Nepal, Italy, Ireland and the UK. My subject specialisms are Music and Maths.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Piano, Singing, Maths, Musicianship, Sight-singing, French and Italian.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a BA in Music from Trinity College Dublin (2001), a PGCE in Key Stages 2/3, with Maths as my subject specialism from Cambridge University (2003), a Masters in Music Therapy from the Guildhall School of Music, London (2011), and a Cambridge CELTA certificate in teaching English as a Foreign Language (2001). I also have ABRSM Grade 8 Piano (1993), Grade 8 Oboe (1995) and a Conducting Diploma (2011).
- How much do you charge?
I charge 30 pounds an hour.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at home in Finsbury Park, North London, just off Stroud Green Road.
- When are you available?
Mondays and Tuesday evenings
Wednesdays-Sundays - flexible
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages, am most experienced in teaching Maths to Key Stage 2/3, Piano (beginner to advanced) and Singing. I also teach EFL, French and Italian.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
ABRSM or similar
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Following a year teaching EFL in Nepal, I studied Music with a year of Maths at college. I trained to become a teacher in the UK before spending six years in Italy, teaching in International School as well as tutoring Maths and teaching Piano and Singing. I later decided to train as a music therapist in London. I now work both as a teacher and music therapist. I have worked with all ages from 2 through to 90, in many varied contexts. I speak English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch and Nepali.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Royal Irish Academy of Music - Deirdre Doyle (piano)
Guildhall School of Music and Drama - Laura Roberts (piano)
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Yes, the British Association of Music Therapists and the General Teaching Council
• BA Hons in Music, Trinity College Dublin
• MA in Music Therapy, Guildhall School of Music and Drama, PGCE, Cambridge University, CELTA, Cambridge University
• I have a valid CRB
• British Association of Music Therapists, General Teaching Council
sports science lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|