Lets get stuck in and creative! Growing up dyslexic i believe in learning whilst doing, seeing, tasting and smelling the beautiful flavours! Get excited! Food is about bringing people and cultures together. Our kitchen is a safe place so be creative!
I have been cooking for as long as i can remember, growing up in italy my food has always had a lot of italian influences. When I was 12 i became a veggie and have been cooking for my family and friends since then. I have just come back from a month in India where i have learnt the benefits of ayurveda.
Rates will vary on depending how far l have to travel.
A recent Italian and French graduate with a 2:1 Honours Degree from the University of Kent, fluent in Italian, French and English, is looking to secure a role within the catering industry to utilize and further develop current skills, experiences and passion.
• Undergone training in Ayurveda in Kerala, India.
• Intern at Quicksilver Media, who took my researched story for their next season of Unreported World.
• Work experiences for the production team at BBC News London and the editorial team at BBC Radio Cambridgeshire.
• Wrote, directed and acted in a play ‘Commedia Dell’Arte’ from scratch in Italian. Performed within 3 months, shown to a live audience of 40 and streamed live across YouTube.
• In charge of backstage production and leading a group of 20 fellow students for dance competition ‘Rock Challenge’ 2 years running.
• Founding member of ‘Emerging Artists’, photography work shown over 3 exhibitions and at the Ashmolean Museum.
• Implemented Employee of the Month in Topshop Oxford and achieved 100% customer service reviews.
• Organized and helped classmates struggling with their translations enabling them to progress from a 2.1 to a First.
• Undertook a one-year study placement in Montreal at Université de Montréal and McGill University.
• Put into French School with no previous knowledge of the language, fluent within 3 months and successfully achieved grade A-B within a semester.
September 2018 – September 2018 Quicksilver Media, Oxford Intern
• Researching new stories for the next episode of Unreported World.
• Pitching new ideas for Unreported World.
• E-mailing, calling, following up leads for potential stories.
May 2018 – August 2018 The Farm Group, London Runner
• Meeting, greeting and looking after important guests and TV stars such as The BBC and Channel 4.
• Fetching and carrying items, such as equipment, tapes, cables and scripts.
• Making and handing out tea, breakfast, lunches, dinners and alcohol.
• Managing petty cash and cashing up.
• Answering phone calls, photocopying and general administrative work.
February 2018 – Ongoing Will Williams Meditation, London Event Planner Assistant
• Greeting guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Photographer and in charge of social media shows that I’m trustworthy and can work independently.
• Supporting event planner and ensuring the event runs smoothly.
• Assisting Chef with food prepping and washing up. Writing out menus.
February 2018 – Ongoing Ospalla - In The Raw, Hove Chef Assistant
• Weighing, cutting, prepping and plating up the food for up to 35 guests.
• Maintaining the standards of food preparation and kitchen hygiene.
• Creating precision and high-quality product in a fast-paced environment.
• Preparing the items on the menu in a timely manner.
September 2017 – March 2018 Topshop, Queen Street Oxford Sales Associate
• Keeping calm and collected under pressure whilst ensuring a positive customer service
• Communication at all levels and timekeeping were essentials as I was working within a large team.
• On three occasions I was mentioned by customers as being the ‘star colleague’.
• Set up Employee of the Month award.
September 2013 - June 2017 2:1 BA (Hons) French and Italian with a Year Abroad University of Kent
Italian Cinema: Neorealism, Modern French Theatre, Photography and Visual Culture in Italy, Italian Regional Cinema, Italian Cinema and Literature, Contemporary French Cinema, Commedia Dell'Arte.
Skills gained include:
• Helping other students in their translations by scheduling weekly meet ups. This has improved my organizational skills, time management and made me a responsible and reliable person.
• Arranging regular meetings to ensure all the team is coordinating when doing team work. Had to adapt to different learning abilities as I was working with more than one person simultaneously.
• Presentations had to be visually engaging which has improved my ability to communicate effectively and enabled me to present structured and coherent arguments. Group presentations allowed me to plan, work to schedule and deliver outputs when requested.
• Written assignments have enabled me to work independently and submit work on time.
• Managed to have an average of 70% throughout my four-year course despite being dyspraxic.
September 2005 – July 2012 Cheney School Headington Oxford
A-Levels: French: A, Italian: A, Photography: B, Art: C.
GCSEs: French: A, Italian: A, Textiles: A, Art: B, English: B, Science: B, RE: C, History: C.
Film and TV are two of my interests. I organized work experiences at the BBC, which gave me the opportunity to learn about editing, sound and cameras. Member of 'Emerging Artist', hosted 3 exhibitions which were recorded in the ‘Oxford Mail’. I can employ a structure and use visual aids to build a rapport with my audience. I enjoy travelling and learning about new cultures. I keep a healthy body and mind by doing yoga and meditation daily as well as reading and cooking. During the weekend, I spend time with friends and family.
Reference: Available on request. Full clean driving licence.
Isabella is super responsible, punctual, and a great cook! She’s also super funny and a really great person to learn and cook with.
I have tried many amazing meals that Isabella has cooked, they are inventive and delicious, with fresh, healthy ingredients I would never had thought of putting together.
She is also very hygenic and makes cooking seem so simple!
I’ve tried Isabella’s cooking many times and it is always delicious and to a high standard. She uses natural and healthy incredients in wonderful ways. I would highly recommend her.
cooking lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest easy cooking lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, healthy cooking lessons for all!
Taking vegetarian cooking lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||£15||Not available|