All levels prior to Graduate/C2 level welcome whether you're a total beginner or just need a few brush-up lessons and tips on remembering those pesky grammar rules that we all love.
I am fully aware of the frustration of learning a language and want to make it as enjoyable and relatable for you as possible by passing on my knowledge and enthusiasm for languages.
In addition to this, I have the creative mind of a language learner and think outside the box to find suitable techniques moulded to your way of learning.
I want you to get the most out of our lessons together so I will listen and consider your requirements/language level in order to design the lessons to what you want and what will help you progress the most.
A recent University of Nottingham Graduate with a BA Hons degree in French and German with experience working and studying in Germany and France (Martinique). I have previous teaching experience in primary school, secondary school, as well as leading educational activities with 7-18 year olds from diverse backgrounds with a nation-wide social enterprise. I have also tutored French and German at GCSE and Undergraduate level resulting in very happy tutees!
The University of Nottingham (2013-2017) 2:1 BA (Hons) French and German (distinction in spoken French)
Focus on identity, sex and gender, contemporary politics, economics and society, Caribbean and Québécois literature, sociolinguistics, National Socialist Germany, Germany post-war, translating culture, translation.
Université des Antilles, Martinique, study placement (2016, Summer semester)
Archaeology and History of the Antilles, Caribbean Geography, Translation, Literary Translation, Yole, Francophone Geopolitics, Créole Initiation
Currently studying the TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Masters course.
Youth Engagement Internship, IntoUniversity, Nottingham East (18/04/2017- 28/04/2017)
- Planning innovative, motivational and confidence-building activities for children and young people aged 7-18.
- Providing support to colleagues during workshops and individually leading workshops
- Supporting individuals and groups with educational activities
Au pair in Italy, Belluno (08/06/2015-07/09/2015, 11/06/2016-02/09/2016)
- Caring for the child’s academic, domestic and social well-being
- Adapting to new environments and creating and sustaining close relationships
- Communicating in English: creating learning activities and correcting conversational and written language
Textbook Research and Resource Development at the Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany (15/09/2015-30/12/2015)
- Conducting research and analysis to improve and create material design for the acquisition of a second language
- Computer competency and the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software in order to troubleshoot and manage the website and social networking sites.
- Organisation of international conferences and tandem language learning project
Teaching at Salterlee Primary School (2011-2012) and Teaching Assistant/Midday Supervisor at Woodhouse Primary School (2013)
- Preparing and delivering interesting and varied lesson plans
- Adapt to different abilities, needs and situations whilst providing motivation, advice and guidance to pupils on educational and social matters.
Caritas, Homeless Charity, Aachen, Germany (July, 2012) (Volunteering)
- Facilitating communication between residents and workers (German)
- Working in a foreign and new environment
Student Ambassador, The University of Nottingham (2013-2017)
Peer Mentor, The University of Nottingham (2014-2015)
Tutor (French and German) (2011-2017)
UK-German Youth Ambassador (2012)
Beth is a very reliable, intelligent, prepared and strong person.
She is always happy and active. She loves children and she is also very patient.
I strongly recommend her!
Beth shows great maturity beyond her years she has passion and also the ability to understand people's needs at all levels and adapts her teaching accordingly. I can 100% recommend Beth to tutor at any level
Beth taught my son in preparation for his exams. My son was getting very anxious about the exams but Bethany helped him to build up confidence in both speaking French and written French. She was always on time and would often look at alternative ways to engage him so that the lessons where fun. He really enjoyed the lessons and found it fun and he found that he was a lot confident in speaking French and writing. Beth is a Excellent tutor, well worth the money, I would highly recommend her.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - french lessons for all!
Taking written expression - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|