My goal is to provide you with the set of skills that will enable you to write right away and to build your portfolio of compositions for moving images.
Lessons can be held on my personal studio in Leith (35,00 GBP/h) or via Skype (30,00 GBP/h).
I offer a free 30-minute consultation to discuss your goals and needs, after which I’ll draft a lesson plan to discuss with you before we start working!
Music Theory - Basic
Music Theory - Intermediate
Music Theory - Advanced
Music for media: composing for moving images
Orchestration and Virtual Orchestration - Learn how to use the virtual orchestra and make it sound as real as possible
Logic Pro X - Film Scoring Techniques
Cubase 10 - Film Scoring Techniques
Sound Design - Sampling (in Kontakt)
Sound Design - Synthesizers in and “out” of the box
Music for Video Games - Writing interactive music
Music for Video Games - Implementation (FMOD Studio and Audiokinetic Wwise)
I am a professional Film and TV composer based in Edinburgh with credits on feature films and several TV shows for major networks.
I specialise in the production and post-production of music for media and interactive applications with strong technical skills and extensive experience with orchestral music. Member of the Audio Engineering Society.
5+ year teaching experience.
SEPTEMBER 2013 - JULY 2014
M.MUS. SCORING FOR FILM, TV AND VIDEOGAMES, BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC Summa Cum Laude
Awarded an academic scholarship.
Graduate Studies Dean’s List for “Excellent Academic Performance”
SEPTEMBER 2012 - JUNE 2013
FOUNDATION YEAR IN MUSIC COMPOSITION, CONSERVATORIO LICINIO REFICE FROSINONE
SEPTEMBER 2010 - JUNE 2012
DIPLOMA IN MUSIC COMPOSITION AND FILM SCORING, SAINT LOUIS COLLEGE OF MUSIC
ONLINE COURSES AND OTHER RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS
APRIL 2015 - JANUARY 2016
FMOD STUDIO CERTIFIED USER, ONLINE COURSE
Certificate awarded in January 2016
Interactive audio and in-game implementation with FMOD studio. Taught by Stephan Shutze.
APRIL 2017 - PRESENT
LINKEDIN LEARNING, ONLINE COURSES
• Learning Python
• Project Management Foundations
• Python Essential Training
• Agile Foundations
• Expert-level proficiency with industry standard professional audio tools:
- AVID Pro Tools 10-12, HDX and several other hardware-based DSP solutions
- Several DAWs, including Cubase, Logic Pro, Ableton Live
- iZotope post-production and mastering suites
• Knowledge of several loudness standards, ITU-R guidelines and mastering best practices for specific audio codecs.
• Expert-level proficiency with Avid Sibelius for score and part preparation, good knowledge of Finale.
• Creation and maintenance of large audio assets databases including BWAV and ID3 metadata.
• Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, Lightroom, Audition, Photoshop)
- KSP (Kontakt Scripting Language) - Basic knowledge of Python
FREELANCE COMPOSER AND SOUND DESIGNER
• MASSIVE MUSIC – June 2019
Created custom sound design elements and virtual instruments in Kontakt for Massive
Music, the music house hired to curate audio branding for a large tech company.
• PRODIGAL – February 2019 – April 2019
Composer – Feature film
Dir. Michael Dinh; produced by 444 Film Group, LLC; distributed by Global Genesis
• NUOVI EROI – November 2018 – January 2019
Composer - Documentary series, 30 episodes.
• 99th GIRO D’ITALIA – May 2015
Composer - Opening Ceremony
• CONCETTA – May 2015
Dubbing Mixer - Film
Dir. Marta Palazzo; produced by La Testuggine; distributed by La Sarraz Pictures.
• 65 North – March - April 2014
Composer and Sound Designer – Video Game
Composed music and sound design elements for one of the game’s levels, implemented the non-linear music design in UE4 and Wwise.
Music placements on several TV shows for a number of networks. Notable examples include:
• The Family Brain Games – BBC Two
• Shot In The Dark – Netflix • Legends of the Lost with Megan Fox – Travel Channel
• The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer – History Channel
• The Challenge – MTV
• The Bronx Zoo – Animal Planet
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music theory lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, composition lessons for all!
Taking songwriting lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£35||Not available||£30|
|5 hours||£140||Not available||£150|
|10 hours||£270||Not available||£300|