I provide vocal coaching for a range of abilities - from absolute beginner to performing singers.
I often split my lessons into two parts. One half of the lesson will be spent focusing on developing technical abilities and the other half working on repertoire (performance and vocal technique).
I can also provide advice and coaching on songwriting.
I am a singer-songwriter with 10 years of performance experience, a First Class Mmus in Music (with a focus on songwriting and performance) and a First Class BA Hons in Popular Music (Singing) from Leeds College of Music.
I have taught a handful of one-to-one students over the last couple of years and I'm enthusiastic about helping others improve their singing and songwriting.
Students' confidence and skills have blossomed as a result of lessons with me and this has helped them to perform better, including in school performances.
If travelling outside of a 10km radius I charge a £5 travel fee.
Cancellation policy: Lessons cancelled less than 24 hours in advance will be charged at full cost. Notice of one week or more would be appreciated.
Employment History and Experience:
Self-Employed Musician (April 2014 onwards)
- I perform at functions such as weddings in various venues across the UK, co-ordinate and manage musical events and I am a recording artist (session work and original music)
- Duties include: marketing, promotion, scheduling, data collection, practice, rehearsals, leading a team, branding, social media, songwriting, recording and editing sound and video - Learning to manage my time effectively has been essential in order to execute all of my roles successfully
- Self-employment has required me to be very self-motivated, skilled on the phone and offer brilliant customer service as each client has specific needs
I am a hard-working and conscientious individual who posses sound interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively on all levels. I always make sure to maintain a friendly and approachable demeanour in order to give the client the best experience possible. Being self-employed, I have to be well-motivated and pro-active person who has the ability to stay calm and adapt to any given situation. In my spare time I enjoy maintaining a healthy and positive lifestyle by engaging in activities such as yoga, reading, socialising, aerial silks and going to gigs.
- Leeds College of Music | First Class Mmus Postgraduate Creative Musician | 2018
- Leeds College of Music | First Class Honours Degree in Popular Music Performance | 2015 - Durham Gilesgate Sixth Form Centre | A Levels | Psychology (A*), EPQ (A*), Fine Art (A), Music (B), General Studies (C) | 2012
- Framwellgate School Durham | GCSEs | 12 GCSEs all A* or equivalent | 2010
Other Qualifications & Skills:
Grade 5 Music Theory (ABRSM) - Distinction
Grade 8 Singing (ABRSM) - Distinction
Grade 3 Piano (ABRSM) - Pass
Grade 8 Popular Music Theory (LCM) - Distinction
Fran is a fantastic singer, she studied at Leeds College of Music, both to graduate with honours, and for a post graduate Masters degree. But she goes well beyond this - she performs regularly both online and live.
That tells you that she will inspire you or your child.
She's an excellent teacher. She is patient and caring, and because she understands the physiology, and the theory of harmony, she can help beginners as well as divas.
I can recommend her very strongly
Fran is very dedicated and enthusiastic. She is a very talented singer and songwriter
Francesca is a superb tutor who I would recommend to anyone. She has taught my daughter who is blind and has always taught in the best way for her to build up that trust which as a mum was a pleasure to watch. Francesca was very easy to work with and very understanding and once my daughter can stop being shielded from COVID-19 lessons with her I hope will carry on xx
Fran is a total professional. My daughter felt at ease with her straight away. Fran took time to find out the level of skill my daughter had and her prefered approach to learning. Lessons were planned taking this personal knowledge into consideration and real improvements were made as a result. Besides being an excellent tutor, fran is also warm and friendly. I cannot recommend Fran highly enough.
Thankyou. Sally and Isabelle.
singing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocal coaching lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, composition lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||£35|