I enjoy working with teenagers and helping them in becoming confident and independent learners and achieving their full potential in Maths and Economics.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Mathematics KS3, GCSE, IGCSE and A-Level (C1, C2, S1).
Economics A-Level (Units 1-4).
- Tell me about your qualifications.
7 A-levels (6As and 1B)
BSc in Philosophy, Politics and Economics, Warwick University
MSc European Political Economy, London School of Economics and Political Science
Secondary PGCE in Mathematics, Warwick University
- How much do you charge?
£25 per hour for KS1 - KS4 lessons delivered at my house.
£30 per hour for A-Level lessons delivered at my house.
The first half an hour is free of charge. I charge up to £5 more for lessons delivered at the tutee's house depending on how easily accessible it is.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from my home in Belsize Park. Alternatively, I can travel to the tutee's house if it is easily accessible using public transport.
- When are you available?
Usually in the afternoons and on weekends; please contact me to discuss my availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach secondary school students of all levels and abilities.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I teach via Skype
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Mathematics can be hard and frustrating if it is taught as a set of rules. If, however, the learner understands why a method is used and where the rules come from, studying Mathematics can be a lot of fun and a highly rewarding experience. Despite popular belief, in Maths we rarely care about 'the correct answer'; we are more interested in the correct method and the thought process that generated it. Next time you want to ask your teacher 'Is this the correct answer?' try 'Is my method correct?' instead. Develop a habit in caring about the logic behind the answer.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I am working as a Maths and Economics teacher in a secondary school in London and for the last 3 years I have also been tutoring Maths and Economics on a one-to-one basis.
I am also an Examiner for Economics A-Level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
• BSc Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
• MSc European Political Economy, Secondary PGCE in Mathematics
• I have a clear up-to-date CRB disclosure certificate
• National Union of Teachers
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|