- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Law (including all compulsory subjects and specialising in business and company law and tax law), History, Politics, Citizenship, RS and Philosophy.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I am a practising solicitor (admitted in 2002). I have: - First Class BA Honours, Politics, University of Durham (1998), - CPE/Graduate Diploma in Law (Commendation), College of Law (1999), and - LPC (Distinction), College of Law (2000). I trained and qualified at a law firm in the City. I am also qualified as a Chartered Tax Adviser.
- How much do you charge?
£25 to £35 per hour, depending on the level and complexity of the work required. If travelling, I charge for my expenses.
- Where do you teach?
I am happy to teach at my home halfway between Manchester and Leeds. Alternatively, I can travel to Leeds/Manchester/nearby.
- When are you available?
Flexible - some weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
GCSE, A-Level, undergraduate and post-graduate (Graduate Diploma in Law and LPC).
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I tutor by email and by telephone.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I work part-time (three days per week) as an Associate Solicitor within the corporate law department of a large Manchester law firm. I have recent experience of teaching Business Law as a part-time teaching assistant at the School of Law, Manchester University. I also supervise Manchester University students at the University's Legal Advice Centre which advises members of the public pro bono.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
No, but I can arrange one if necessary.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
The Law Society The Chartered Institute of Taxation
• First Class BA Honours, Politics, University of Durham
• Graduate Diploma in Law (Commendation), LPC (Distinction)
• Practising Solicitor (admitted 2002); The Law Society; CIOT
Leo was my private tutor for my A-level law exam. He was extremely flexible; teaching in whichever way best suited me. For example, in marking essay answers and providing critical feedback. Private tuition with Leo was the best money I have ever spent. Doing so enabled me to turn my law grade from a C to an A, and thanks to him I achieved the grades required to now be studying law at Leicester University. I would happily acquire his help again in the future to assist with my degree.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|