I am a trumpet player freelance musician and an experienced and enthusiastic teacher based in London. I am open to teach all ages and abilities, from beginner to the more advanced, I am friendly and happy to help students to progress and enjoy music!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I specialise in trumpet and cornet but I also teach Piano to Beginner students and Music Theory. I also coach chamber groups.
Being a native Italian I also teach Italian language to people interested to learn a foreign language and for singers interested to improve their Italian pronunciation.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
• Master of Arts in Performance "Royal Academy of Music", London.
• LRAM (Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Music) teaching diploma specialised in Brass at "Royal Academy of Music", London (to be completed).
• Postgraduate Course at "Scuola di Musica di Fiesole" in Florence (Italy).
• BMus (Hons) (Trumpet Diploma) at "Conservatorio di Musica "L. Canepa" in Sassari (Italy).
• Diploma in Sciences at "Liceo Scientifico G. Spano" in Sassari (Italy).
- How much do you charge?
£ 30 - 1 hour
£ 20 - 30 mins
- Where do you teach?
I am willing to teach both at my home in Willesden or to travel to pupils' homes.
- When are you available?
I usually have a very flexible schedule so I can arrange lessons on a week-to-week basis. However, I always aim to make lessons as regular as possible for my pupils.
I am happy to teach on weekends. Feel free to contact me for best available times.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages from complete beginner to advanced. I teach instruments to the following standards:
Trumpet and Cornet: Beginner to Advanced
I teach Italian to complete beginner to Intermediate.
I teach Piano to Begginer students.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have experience teaching trumpet and other brass instruments spanning all ages and abilities. I have coaching experience, taking sectionals and conducting in wind bands, as well as doing workshops in primary and secondary schools.
I have experience teaching Italian to pupils studying Italian 'ab initio' at school, or pupils who simply want to approach learning a new language.
As a trumpet player, I performed with important orchestras such as â€œTeatro dell'Opera di Romaâ€ Orchestra (Italy), â€œTeatro Lirico di Cagliariâ€ Orchestra (Italy), Sardinia Philharmonic Orchestra, Spira Mirabilis Orchestra, International Chamber Soloist Orchestra, performing in important venues including the â€œQueen Elizabeth Hallâ€ and St. John's Smith Square in London, â€œPalau de la MÃ¹sica Catalanaâ€ in Barcelona, â€œAuditorium Parco della Musicaâ€ in Roma, â€œSala Nerviâ€ in Vatican City, â€œTeatro Verdiâ€ in Florence, â€œTeatro Liricoâ€ in Cagliari, â€œTeatro dell'Operaâ€ in Rome, Teatro Antico in Taormina etc.
I have been Principal Trumpet of the Italian Conservatories National Orchestra. As a soloist I have performed in important theatres and concert halls In Italy and Europe.
I have won important solo competitions including Italian National Arts Prize, International Competition â€œRovere d'oroâ€, â€œInternational Trumpet Prize, and many others.
I have performed in the Olympic Park with the Orbit Brass Quintet as part of the Paralympic Games, London 2012.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Not at the moment but I am willing to acquire one at the pupil's request.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I studied trumpet and natural trumpet at the Royal Academy of Music with Mark David, Paul Beniston, Robert Farley and Gareth Small.
I also took part in Masterclasses with famous trumpet players: Philip Smith, HÃ¥kan Hardenberger, Reinhold Friedrich, Mark Gould, Thomas Stevens, Allen Vizzutti, Jens Lindemann, Tage Larsen, Thierry Caens, Kristian Steenstrup, Edward Carroll, Stephen Burns.
*If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.*
• Master of Arts in Performance, Royal Academy of Music - LRAM Teaching Diploma (Brass Instruments)
• BMus (Hons), Sassari Conservatory (Italy), - High School Diploma in Science (Italy)
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||£30||Not available|