I am an experienced and highly qualified primary school teacher, with a specialism in teaching Mathematics for children aged 5-11 of all abilities. I currently teach at one of the top Preparatory schools in the country. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach and specialise in Mathematics for children aged 5-11 and prepare children for 11+ examinations in these subjects.
DBS checked, fully qualified and with 15 years of teaching experience, I provide the best possible quality in teaching methods and expertise to all my students who retain to this day excellent studying habits.
- Classes Standard Membership - - Up to 2 tuition sessions per week. - Mapped to the National Curriculum. - A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs. - Parent feedback at the end of every session. - Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress. - No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
I'm extremely friendly and personable, and have a lot of experience especially with quiet or shy kids.
I base my teaching on each students individual strengths and weaknesses - I am a firm believer of keeping lessons fun and interactive as I believe this allows each students to take in a lot more information as they are relaxed and willing to learn! That being said, I ensure to target all areas which need to be worked on in order to make the most of each lesson, with a plan being prepared...
I specialise in providing online lessons for 11+ and GCSE English students. If you want to focus on your creative writing, we will take a more broad approach, and I will adapt the lessons to your areas of struggle, and if you want more help with your analytical writing, we will approach some texts that I will provide, or any that you are studying for exams.
My teaching method includes obtaining a thorough and indepth understanding of the topic and then tackling past papres to identify areas of weaknesses. Furthermore, I aim to give lessons to primary and secondary school pupils wishing to achieve high grades.
My main teaching method is to first analyse where the student is at and then help them using curriculums and past papers
My approach to teaching is born from past experiences as a tutee. The techniques I use ensure students are able to recall facts quickly and when necessary - furthermore, I allow students to be independent and avoid a spoon-fed approach to teaching.
My teaching method is that every student should understand a concept before moving on. It is so crucial to understand the basic concepts first before progressing- you cannot run before walking. Therefore, before I begin a new topic with any class I will ask questions about it to students, as some will know about it.
I am very hard working and have worked constantly on my interpersonal skills meaning my means of engaging with others is very effective. I plan to go over a certain concept and explain it in detail to my student, putting it in context in order for them to have enhanced understanding. Then I will give them little tests and quizzes to test their knowledge of that lesson.
My teaching method is to break any given subject down until it clicks for the subject being taught. Many teachers seem to take subjects to levels of intricacy that are pointless when the student has failed to grasp basic concepts about their subject and what is required of them in examination.
My method of teaching is very engaging and interesting. I regularly test students and report to parents. I make sure students are not bored.
I adopt a personal, tailored approach to tutoring as not one size fits all! I will isolate areas of development and construct a plan to highlight and strengthen these.
My teaching method is self-learning. I feel that a student will improve in their learning best when they are interested in the subject matter. I hope to make the lessons fun and interesting so that the student is prompted to ask their own questions and learning through their own curiosity.
My teaching method is finding ways that work for each individual child. Discovering methods a child can use to make learning accessible. I specialise in younger children, but have experience working with early secondary school, and knowledge to work with older students. I believe in being consistent and persistent and if a student can implement this they can learn, consolidate, and succeed.
I am an Economics teacher at a top 5 independent school. I love teaching and bringing out the very best in all my pupils, taking into account their individual needs and requirements. I also prepare children for the 11+, including interviews.
- Classes Maths and/or English study sessions - Ages and Levels Covered Kumon is available for all ages from preschool to A level and beyond. - Opening Times Wednesday 3.30pm - 5.30pm Saturday 9.30am - 11.30am Students attend typicaaly for 30mins per subject. - Tuition Fees £30.00 registration £55.00 per month per single subject £50.
- Classes Before your child commences study with us, they will be assessed in order to determine their specific needs and ensure a suitable starting point in the course. Once your child enrolls, they will attend the study centre on a regular basis. Whilst there they will complete a short piece of work which will be marked and returned.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Biology up to GCSE level and Maths and Physics up to A-level as indicated above.
I aim to achieve high results for my students while instigating good learning practice and independence. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths, English and Science subjects. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am a Science postgraduate with my major in Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences.
I offer a personalised, creative and enthusiastic approach to tutoring. Each child/adult has different needs and attitudes to learning, it is my job to find out what works for you and deliver it in the most enjoyable and productive way. I take great pride in the results my pupils have achieved in all the fields that i teach.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach all core curriculum subjects up until A level. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a First Class (Hons) in Economics from the London School of Economics. I have been teaching in a local secondary school focussing on raising achievements in Key Stage 3 SATs and GCSE Maths by working intensively in small groups.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English, English language and French. - Tell me about your qualifications. MA in Professional Writing; TEFL qualification; English BA; A Levels in English, French and History; 10 GCSEs including A in English and Maths. - How much do you charge? I charge roughly £15 per hour for one-to-one lessons but it is negotiable.
- Classes Before your child commences study with us at the Watford centre, they will be assessed in order to determine their specific needs and ensure a suitable starting point in the course. Once your child enrolls, they will attend the study centre on a regular basis. Whilst there they will complete a short piece of work which will be marked and returned.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Mathematics, Accounting and Business Studies. - Tell me about your qualifications. Degree in Mathemtics and Accountancy (CIMA) qualification. Currently studing for my teaching qualification. - How much do you charge? £20 - £25 per hour. - Where do you teach? I teach mainly at home but may be willing to travel.
- Classes Individual tuition within a class of up to 5 pupils. We use on-line tuition software in class and students can log in at home for homework assignments and additional practice of times tables and educational games. We also give paper homework, as written methods are also important. All of our teachers are fully trained and qualified, with up to date DBS checks.
My focus is to build strong fundamentals. Each student is different, so is the teaching pattern. A regular home work and assessment is part of the tuition. I also provide revision notes. Few toppers at Independent and Grammar schools are my students. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths and Science at A Level, GCSE, KS3, KS2 and 13+, 11+ - Tell me about your qualifications.
I have an exam-focused approach whilst making the subject enjoyable to learn. I tailor each lesson according to the individual student and focus on their different needs. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach all 11+ subjects (Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Maths and English) KS2 Maths, English and Science. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a BA in Politics and Psychology.
- Classes Children follow a programme, the starting point being determined by an initial assessment. The maths programme is pure maths - from number recognition to GCSE algebra. It includes topics such as shape, time, measurement, area/perimeter, etc.We also help with applied topics as required. We can help and provide practice papers for school exams (KS1, KS2 and KS3).
Thousands of tutors can teach you 11+ School Exam Preparation,
find private lessons close to Borehamwood.
Pick your own coach to help you learn 11+ school exam preparation. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in 11+ school exam preparation in Borehamwood and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Borehamwood by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.