11+ exam preparation can be tedious for grammar school entrance exams. Having the experience of going through it, I would offer a bespoke, one-to-one, 2 hour class once a week, with constant weekly liaison with student and parent, with a progress sheet.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Biology up to GCSE level and Maths and Physics up to A-level as indicated above.
I aim to achieve high results for my students while instigating good learning practice and independence. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths, English and Science subjects. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am a Science postgraduate with my major in Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences.
I offer a personalised, creative and enthusiastic approach to tutoring. Each child/adult has different needs and attitudes to learning, it is my job to find out what works for you and deliver it in the most enjoyable and productive way. I take great pride in the results my pupils have achieved in all the fields that i teach.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach all core curriculum subjects up until A level. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a First Class (Hons) in Economics from the London School of Economics. I have been teaching in a local secondary school focussing on raising achievements in Key Stage 3 SATs and GCSE Maths by working intensively in small groups.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English, English language and French. - Tell me about your qualifications. MA in Professional Writing; TEFL qualification; English BA; A Levels in English, French and History; 10 GCSEs including A in English and Maths. - How much do you charge? I charge roughly £15 per hour for one-to-one lessons but it is negotiable.
- Classes Before your child commences study with us at the Watford centre, they will be assessed in order to determine their specific needs and ensure a suitable starting point in the course. Once your child enrolls, they will attend the study centre on a regular basis. Whilst there they will complete a short piece of work which will be marked and returned.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Mathematics, Accounting and Business Studies. - Tell me about your qualifications. Degree in Mathemtics and Accountancy (CIMA) qualification. Currently studing for my teaching qualification. - How much do you charge? £20 - £25 per hour. - Where do you teach? I teach mainly at home but may be willing to travel.
- Classes Individual tuition within a class of up to 5 pupils. We use on-line tuition software in class and students can log in at home for homework assignments and additional practice of times tables and educational games. We also give paper homework, as written methods are also important. All of our teachers are fully trained and qualified, with up to date DBS checks.
I begin my tutoring programme with a small assessment to find out where the child is and what they need to know. From there I will plan fun and engaging lessons, which the children will look forward to. I believe in giving children the support in which they need so they develop the skills and confidence to work independently.
I adopt a personal, tailored approach to tutoring as not one size fits all! I will isolate areas of development and construct a plan to highlight and strengthen these.
I'm extremely friendly and personable, and have a lot of experience especially with quiet or shy kids.
I am a dedicated, passionate and motivated English teacher who genuinely seeks to ensure every pupil becomes confident in their own ability to study English. My goal is to engage pupils, support and challenge them in their English studies so they achieve their potential and goals.
My approach respects the student`s personality and capabilities while challenging their thinking and perceptions. - I am sympathetic, experienced and understanding of the process and knowledge required therefore I am fully committed to teach until my students are content and satisfied with their work.
I approach these subjects very enthusiastically as I very much enjoyed my 11+ and GCSE stages myself. I apply different fun and memorable ways of learning topics that can be applied into further learning and love the feeling of being able to share my learning techniques with other young optimistic learners.
Everyone has a different way of learning, it's about finding that method and using it to reach that individual eureka moment. 1:1 tuition is the way forward, going through the topics step by step with numerous tips and tricks to help progress.
My aim is to unlock every child's full potential and promote lifelong learning in English and Maths. To develop their confidence and ensure progress is being made, through a engaging way to ensure their young mind is inspired.
I am a well qualified and experienced Teacher of English and Geography. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English Language and Literature, and Geography (Key Stage 3 and 4) - Tell me about your qualifications. I possess the following: - Teaching Diploma specialising in English, Geography and Guidance Counselling - B.
I try to provide a high standard of teaching that is not only engaging for the student, but is enriching and thorough.
I have recently completed a BA (hons) in English Language and Creative Writing and give lessons from primary to A level in creative writing, and because I have a passion for this, it inspires prospective students to success - if they have the raw talent, then I will teach them how to apply it.
The thing that parents and students must realise when approaching studies for GCSEs, is that the most important thing is the exam. I have seen very clever and talented students who love the subject do very poorly on the exam because they did not keep the exam in mind when studying. Therefore my approach in these lessons will always be centered around the exam.
I specialise in tutoring for the 11+ for both Grammar and Independent schools based around Hillingdon, Harrow, SW Hertfordshire and Barnet as well as for 13+ entrance exams. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning, Creative Writing and interview practice targeted to both GL and CEM style assessments for 11+ and 13+ exams.
I can give lessons to those preparing for entrance exams (4+, 7+, 11+) and also at primary level in general. I'd also be able to give lessons to students looking to prepare for GCSE examinations. I take time to consider the pupil's ability, and their most preferable way of learning, and structure lessons around this.
I am a fully qualified, practicing and experienced primary teacher working with children across all primary ages. I take a particular interest in building confidence and self esteem in pupils and I hold an enhanced and current DBS certificate.
- Classes Preparing students for 11 Plus and GCSE exams - Ages and Levels Covered 11 Plus: Maths and English GCSE: Maths and English - Opening Times Monday to Friday: 2pm to 8pm Saturday: 10am to 5pm - Tuition Fees Please contact our manager on 020 8866 9088 - Special Offers Limited offer - 20% discount for the students registering for 2 subjects.
- Classes Children are taught in small groups but each child in the group works on an individual work plan designed to address any areas of weakness. Most children attend once a week for 80 minutes and homework is provided to reinforce the topics they have learnt in class. Teachers always provide feedback at the end of a session so that parents are kept up to date with their child's progress.
- Classes Small group sessions (4-6), created ability/age wise. Individualised plans for each child. All sessions include a useful variety of activities to help engage all learners. All sessions include REAL teaching. Small group sessions are proven to help develop independence, confidence, subject knowledge, teamwork and key skills and is better value for money than all other tuition types.
DBS checked, fully qualified and with 15 years of teaching experience, I provide the best possible quality in teaching methods and expertise to all my students who retain to this day excellent studying habits.
- Classes Standard Membership - - Up to 2 tuition sessions per week. - Mapped to the National Curriculum. - A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs. - Parent feedback at the end of every session. - Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress. - No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Chemistry and Biology for A level and Maths and science for GCSE and secondary level. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have Chemical Engineering, MSc in Biochemistry and PhD in Biochemistry - How much do you charge? I charge £ 24/hour for A-level and £ 22/hour GCSE. - Where do you teach? I prefer teach in student's home.
To be certain of the quality of our tutors and their teaching,
we collect the reviews of all former students.
These evaluations are authentic and guaranteed by Superprof.
Perfect! Brillant teacher! Olivia has helped my son with his English. She is very well prepared, friendly, patient and supportive. She explained things really well. Jedi has improved, he can now analyze poems, he is much more confident with his writing...
Thousands of private tutors can help improve your grades.
Find a tutor near you for AS Level lessons.