I'm extremely friendly and personable, and have a lot of experience especially with quiet or shy kids.
DBS checked, fully qualified and with 15 years of teaching experience, I provide the best possible quality in teaching methods and expertise to all my students who retain to this day excellent studying habits.
- Classes Standard Membership - - Up to 2 tuition sessions per week. - Mapped to the National Curriculum. - A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs. - Parent feedback at the end of every session. - Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress. - No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
My approach to teaching is born from past experiences as a tutee. The techniques I use ensure students are able to recall facts quickly and when necessary - furthermore, I allow students to be independent and avoid a spoon-fed approach to teaching.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Biology up to GCSE level and Maths and Physics up to A-level as indicated above.
I aim to achieve high results for my students while instigating good learning practice and independence. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths, English and Science subjects. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am a Science postgraduate with my major in Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences.
I offer a personalised, creative and enthusiastic approach to tutoring. Each child/adult has different needs and attitudes to learning, it is my job to find out what works for you and deliver it in the most enjoyable and productive way. I take great pride in the results my pupils have achieved in all the fields that i teach.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach all core curriculum subjects up until A level. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a First Class (Hons) in Economics from the London School of Economics. I have been teaching in a local secondary school focussing on raising achievements in Key Stage 3 SATs and GCSE Maths by working intensively in small groups.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English, English language and French. - Tell me about your qualifications. MA in Professional Writing; TEFL qualification; English BA; A Levels in English, French and History; 10 GCSEs including A in English and Maths. - How much do you charge? I charge roughly £15 per hour for one-to-one lessons but it is negotiable.
- Classes Before your child commences study with us at the Watford centre, they will be assessed in order to determine their specific needs and ensure a suitable starting point in the course. Once your child enrolls, they will attend the study centre on a regular basis. Whilst there they will complete a short piece of work which will be marked and returned.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Mathematics, Accounting and Business Studies. - Tell me about your qualifications. Degree in Mathemtics and Accountancy (CIMA) qualification. Currently studing for my teaching qualification. - How much do you charge? £20 - £25 per hour. - Where do you teach? I teach mainly at home but may be willing to travel.
- Classes Individual tuition within a class of up to 5 pupils. We use on-line tuition software in class and students can log in at home for homework assignments and additional practice of times tables and educational games. We also give paper homework, as written methods are also important. All of our teachers are fully trained and qualified, with up to date DBS checks.
I specialise in providing online lessons for 11+ and GCSE English students. If you want to focus on your creative writing, we will take a more broad approach, and I will adapt the lessons to your areas of struggle, and if you want more help with your analytical writing, we will approach some texts that I will provide, or any that you are studying for exams.
I base my teaching on each students individual strengths and weaknesses - I am a firm believer of keeping lessons fun and interactive as I believe this allows each students to take in a lot more information as they are relaxed and willing to learn! That being said, I ensure to target all areas which need to be worked on in order to make the most of each lesson, with a plan being prepared...
11+ exam preparation can be tedious for grammar school entrance exams. Having the experience of going through it, I would offer a bespoke, one-to-one, 2 hour class once a week, with constant weekly liaison with student and parent, with a progress sheet.
I adopt a personal, tailored approach to tutoring as not one size fits all! I will isolate areas of development and construct a plan to highlight and strengthen these.
My approach to tutoring is different to the conventional style. I help students with any difficulties they may have in their homework, but in the alternative, I also teach students full topics from scratch. This is to ensure that they are not missing anything vital. With younger students, I make sure I go at their pace, so that they do not lose confidence.
My method of teaching is very engaging and interesting. I regularly test students and report to parents. I make sure students are not bored.
My teaching method is self-learning. I feel that a student will improve in their learning best when they are interested in the subject matter. I hope to make the lessons fun and interesting so that the student is prompted to ask their own questions and learning through their own curiosity.
My teaching method is to break any given subject down until it clicks for the subject being taught. Many teachers seem to take subjects to levels of intricacy that are pointless when the student has failed to grasp basic concepts about their subject and what is required of them in examination.
I am very hard working and have worked constantly on my interpersonal skills meaning my means of engaging with others is very effective. I plan to go over a certain concept and explain it in detail to my student, putting it in context in order for them to have enhanced understanding. Then I will give them little tests and quizzes to test their knowledge of that lesson.
I am a dedicated, passionate and motivated English teacher who genuinely seeks to ensure every pupil becomes confident in their own ability to study English. My goal is to engage pupils, support and challenge them in their English studies so they achieve their potential and goals.
My teaching method is that every student should understand a concept before moving on. It is so crucial to understand the basic concepts first before progressing- you cannot run before walking. Therefore, before I begin a new topic with any class I will ask questions about it to students, as some will know about it.
My aim is to unlock every child's full potential and promote lifelong learning in English and Maths. To develop their confidence and ensure progress is being made, through a engaging way to ensure their young mind is inspired.
I try to provide a high standard of teaching that is not only engaging for the student, but is enriching and thorough.
I am a well qualified and experienced Teacher of English and Geography. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English Language and Literature, and Geography (Key Stage 3 and 4) - Tell me about your qualifications. I possess the following: - Teaching Diploma specialising in English, Geography and Guidance Counselling - B.
I try and work on the weaknesses of each student. I will help with homework and possibly exams as well. It will be useful if they have a textbook/questions to work on. NB: I will be more available during the summer.
Hi, Before we go any further, could you please click on VIEW MY FULL PROFILE. My name is Jay Thambiah. Please call me Jay. I live in Radlett and have been tutoring in Radlett and the surrounding areas for about 10 years now. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Please Note: I am fully booked up at the moment. Please only contact me to reserve places for the spring term.
My focus is to build strong fundamentals. Each student is different, so is the teaching pattern. A regular home work and assessment is part of the tuition. I also provide revision notes. Few toppers at Independent and Grammar schools are my students. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths and Science at A Level, GCSE, KS3, KS2 and 13+, 11+ - Tell me about your qualifications.
I have an exam-focused approach whilst making the subject enjoyable to learn. I tailor each lesson according to the individual student and focus on their different needs. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach all 11+ subjects (Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Maths and English) KS2 Maths, English and Science. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a BA in Politics and Psychology.
Thousands of tutors can teach you 11+ School Exam Preparation,
find private lessons close to Elstree.
Pick your own coach to help you learn 11+ school exam preparation. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in 11+ school exam preparation in Elstree and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Elstree by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.