Let's keep it simple. I'm here to answer your questions, help when you're stuck and improve your English.
I am starting my International Baccalaureate programme with a focus on Sciences and Spanish. I will be tutoring in a range of subjects including core subjects Math, English, Science) as well as French, Spanish and Chinese up to GCSE level.
I teach using modern methods, introduce research into the teaching, help students get interested in the subject by narrowing and making precise. Students get major leads in the required research rather than getting lost in the demanding ocean of the English Language.
I am a professional director, writer and coach - working in the entertainment industry for over 25 years. I am also a literature and media degree graduate (2:1) and can help you with learning the English language, with literature texts and with media studies - from television to film, photography to design.
- Classes Standard Membership - - Up to 2 tuition sessions per week. - Mapped to the National Curriculum. - A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs. - Parent feedback at the end of every session. - Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress. - No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
- Classes Day Opening Hours Monday 3pm - 7.30pm Tuesday 3pm - 7.30pm Wednesday 3pm - 7.30pm Thursday 3pm- 7.30pm Friday 3pm - 7.30pm Saturday 9.15am - 6pm - Ages and Levels Covered 5 - 14 GCSE - Opening Times Monday - Sunday, 10:30 - 20:30 - Tuition Fees Membership fees from £130 a month, as well as individual pricing.
- Classes Using a combination of carefully structured worksheets and textbooks, your First Class Learning Tutor will devise a programme specifically for your child, to take him or her from the basics of Maths and/or English through to the more demanding aspects of school work. Before you decide to enrol your child with First Class Learning, she/he will be assessed by the Centre Manager.
I have finished my GCSE's and have a long summer break. I would like to tutor younger students based on my GCSE experience. I achieved a grade 9 (A*) in both my mock exams in English.
My teaching method is informal but formative. I find flash cards a good way to revise but also working through questions and exam style essays together to see how the answers are built.
- Classes First Class Learning (FCL) is a leading after-school maths and English programme aimed at the National Curriculum. It has been developed by a British team of educationalists specifically to support the National Curriculum in England, Wales and Northern Ireland (and the Scottish equivalent) and is supported by the Dyspraxia Foundation.
I am in year 10 currently at a grammar school studying for my upcoming GCSEs. I took the 11+ exam roughly 4 years ago. The most important thing is to practise and that’s why past papers are a great way to prepare.
My name is Shamim Michael Gammage. I am 25 and a graduate of Trinity College, Dublin. I am currently reading for an MSc in Economic & Social History at Balliol College, Oxford. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I specialise in teaching History from Key Stage 3 through to degree level. I also teach a selection of other A-level courses and give lessons on essay writing and examination technique.
My teaching method consists of one-to-one sessions with students regarding texts to help form and develop different ideas and understandings. This has proven to be the most successful method for GCSE/ A-Level students. Method teachings can adapt to the preference of the student, whether it is through visual aids or writing practice to ensure the best outcome.
I tutor for 9-15 year olds GCSE and IGCSE English language (OCR, AQA and Edexcel). Revolving my methods around your experience and knowledge of this vast language: I will build on your skills, teach you techniques and push your limits so you can attain the results equivalent to your potential.
Having worked in the City of London for 7 years, I have now transitioned to working as a full-time academic tutor and freelancer, specialising in English language and literature, and French and Russian as foreign languages (oral and written) across all ages and levels of ability.
As no two students are the same, there cannot be a particular teaching methodology for all pupils. I prefer to perceive the individual's preferred way of learning and then tailor my knowledge to that, whether it be visual, auditory or kinaesthetic.
Fun learning, mini assessments, repetitive learning. Talk for Writing strategies.
- Classes The unique 11 Plus Courses in Amersham, Beaconsfield, Gerrards Cross and Stoke Poges are structured to give children the confidence they need to sit and pass exams, in a friendly, stress-free environment. Courses focus on three essential areas – verbal, non-verbal and numerical reasoning. - Ages and Levels Covered 11 Plus Tuition Courses for Year 4 and 5 pupils.
- Classes - Our classes are 2 hours per subject. - Group sessions (max. 4 students per class) We follow the school curriculum, by covering the content required to sit the exams at the end of the academic year. However, in our years of experience, we have developed a bespoke teaching style to meet our students' needs.
11+ Specialist tutor in Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning. Teaching is practical and innovative. Established Non-verbal reasoning author. I offer an individual service, small group sessions and run free workshops for parents. - Which subject(s) do you teach? 11+ Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning in English and Maths - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes The First Class Learning, Langley branch is based on the School Curriculum. It is designed to suit individual needs and also improves confidence and encourages enjoyment in learning. Also it helps children to become independent learners. We encourage the use of games as one of the activities in the centre. - Ages and Levels Covered We cater for children from ages 5 to 14.
- Classes Wide range of subjects offered at SATs, GCSE and A- Level. Offering GCSE ICT, Science and Mathematics all levels and syllabuses. Year 6/7 &8/ 9 SATs and Science Support. Intense support and tuition provided for Maths, Science, Computing and ICT.
- Classes Classes are run in small groups of approximately five students to allow for contribution of students and for independent attention. 11+ classes - available focusing on reading, comprehension, cloze, shuffled sentences, verbal reasoning,antonyms and synonyms. There are 6 weekly tests with a report and to set new goals.
I am a native English speaker providing English tuition to speakers of other languages. I also provide tuition in writing, comprehension and grammar at English GCSE, KS1, 2, and 3 levels. I can also help with CV preparation. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English as a Foreign Language, IELTS, general writing and grammar - Tell me about your qualifications.
Currently I am applying therapeutic way of teaching with my SEN students. I like to work with the students on a more individual basis so I can understand there strengths and develop their skills to give them the opportunity to overcome their .
Teaching methods can vary from student to student, as each child learns and understands things differently. But I feel as though the best way to check a child's understanding of something, is to have them explain it back to you. I am very friendly and a good communicator, but I will assure that the children remain concentrated and focused at the task at hand.
I am specialised English Teacher, with 18 years teaching experience. I work in a mainstream school; as well as coach other trainee teachers for GCSE and A level teaching. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English language & literature, French, 11 plus, and 13 plus entrance exams. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a degree in English.
My skills are in the teaching of reading through a variety of phonic strategies. I am knowledgeable with the elements needed when writing a variety of genres such as informative, recounts and fictional stories.
I am a university graduate about to start my Masters in International Relations. As well as my main subject of Politics, I am a tutor of English, History, French and Spanish. I have an infectious passion for these subjects and my experience has made me an engaging and patient tutor.
I offer personalised classes that aim to target areas of uncertainty for the student. Together we'll work to create a lesson structure that is targeted, but enjoyable.
To be certain of the quality of our tutors and their teaching,
we collect the reviews of all former students.
These evaluations are authentic and guaranteed by Superprof.
Perfect! Graham was very prompt in helping me with my assignments. He kept me informed and asked questions to make sure we were on the same page. I‘m impressed by his knowledge and thoroughness as well as his continued and prompt correspondence with me...
Perfect! I would like to say that if you get Tom as an English tutor you have hit the jackpot. He is patient, hard working but most importantly he know his stuff. He has a high expectation of his pupils, but with good cause as he does get results. We had...
Perfect! I was very impressed with Tikela and her direction and commitment to my son's education. She understood my son's needs and through her good teaching he gained his confidence back. She was worth every penny.
Perfect! Katy is a lovely person and extremely dedicated in helping people achieve the best grades they can. I’m want to apply to medicine and therefore need a 6 in English language, I previously only had a 4, Katy helped me go from a 4 to a 6 grade in...
Perfect! I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Eloise as an English tutor. She spent just six weeks working with my son before his GCSE's this year. Their work together meant that he walked into his exams with confidence and his final results...
Perfect! Gemma is a very calm , consistent and kind tutor who cuts through all the complicated jargon to explain Latin in a very clear manner. Very personable and professional and punctual and my daughter finds the lessons fun which is a bonus! Would not...
Thousands of private tutors can help improve your grades.
Find a tutor near you for AS Level lessons.