My teaching method is to use an assessment-focussed approach. This does NOT mean having students write frequent long monotonous essays but rather allowing for constant opportunities for students to demonstrate knowledge through AFL (assessment for learning) tasks. Essays are used only to measure progress at three-week intervals. I base my classes on breaking topics down into digestable chunks.
I plan to personalise each lesson so that the child gets the most they can out of it to ensure they really learn and understand concepts
My approach respects the student`s personality and capabilities while challenging their thinking and perceptions. - I am sympathetic, experienced and understanding of the process and knowledge required therefore I am fully committed to teach until my students are content and satisfied with their work.
I am a fully qualified, practicing and experienced primary teacher working with children across all primary ages. I take a particular interest in building confidence and self esteem in pupils and I hold an enhanced and current DBS certificate.
I approach these subjects very enthusiastically as I very much enjoyed my 11+ and GCSE stages myself. I apply different fun and memorable ways of learning topics that can be applied into further learning and love the feeling of being able to share my learning techniques with other young optimistic learners.
- Classes Preparing students for 11 Plus and GCSE exams - Ages and Levels Covered 11 Plus: Maths and English GCSE: Maths and English - Opening Times Monday to Friday: 2pm to 8pm Saturday: 10am to 5pm - Tuition Fees Please contact our manager on 020 8866 9088 - Special Offers Limited offer - 20% discount for the students registering for 2 subjects.
- Classes First Class Learning is a weekly study programme in line with the UK curriculum. Children follow a programme, the starting point being determined by an initial assessment carried out in your own home. The basic programme is pure maths - from number recognition to GCSE algebra. It includes topics such as shape, time, measurement, area/perimeter, series, etc.
- Classes Children are taught in small groups but each child in the group works on an individual work plan designed to address any areas of weakness. Most children attend once a week for 80 minutes and homework is provided to reinforce the topics they have learnt in class. Teachers always provide feedback at the end of a session so that parents are kept up to date with their child's progress.
- Classes On the maths programme, children develop their numeracy skills as well as mental agility,concentration,accuracy and fluency. The English programme focuses on reading,comprehension skills but also builds skills in grammar, punctuation and vocabulary. - Ages and Levels Covered Students of all ages and abilities Attend the centre.
- Classes Small group sessions (4-6), created ability/age wise. Individualised plans for each child. All sessions include a useful variety of activities to help engage all learners. All sessions include REAL teaching. Small group sessions are proven to help develop independence, confidence, subject knowledge, teamwork and key skills and is better value for money than all other tuition types.
I am a qualified primary school teacher with over six years' experience within the education field. I have been tutoring English and mathematics for over two years and have supported children to pass their entrance exams. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Primary curriculum and children with special needs. - Tell me about your qualifications.
I'm an English and Music teacher with experience teaching classes in secondary school, night school and university and tutoring one-to-one and in small groups.
- Classes We teach English and maths to children as young as 3 years old up until those at GCSE level. We also run a separate class for adults who require assistance in Maths and English. - Ages and Levels Covered Classes are available for children of all ages as well as adults. - Opening Times Classes run on Mondays from 2.30pm until 6.30pm and on weekends.
My teaching method will be one-to-one or group lessons to 11-19 year olds where we can go over writing techniques and do practice essays based on your spec to boost your grade. I will give homework and practice questions which I will mark and give feedback on, so that you can improve your marks.
I being by asking students to analyse new pieces of literature at the start of tutoring sessions. Looking at language, structure, form and context, this is a good way for students to warm up before looking at set texts within their course. I use various forms of learning, including drawing, speech writing and will advise YouTube videos to watch as a follow up to our lessons.
Students respond to interactive ways of learning and I have seen success when I employ such methods. For English, my lessons are full of discussion which encourages students to think creatively and I then help them develop coherence when expressing their ideas on paper. We go through each step of how to answer a certain type of question and consider every aspect of what makes a model answer.
I base my lessons on progressive knowledge banks which utilises the student's build up of vocabulary, comprehensive reading and PEEL writing techniques which are taught in the tutoring sessions.
I have recently completed a BA (hons) in English Language and Creative Writing and give lessons from primary to A level in creative writing, and because I have a passion for this, it inspires prospective students to success - if they have the raw talent, then I will teach them how to apply it.
My teaching method is very simple but at good quality, I prepare work accordingly to the child’s weaknesses and work on improving where necessary and I work accordingly to what schools expect of their students. I set homework weekly to identify where the student can do better and to see what their strongest links are.
I am a patient and open-minded tutor who is able to be flexible and open to suggestions in terms of what works best for individual students. I understand every child is different and therefore different approaches are needed in order to help them succeed.
My teaching method is very clear. I deliverd my lesson in very understanding way which help student to learn easily.
I base my classes on fun and creativity. I like to be hands on and get everyone involved in class.
I have a degree in English Literature and Creative Writing. I have good experience mentoring children aged 4-16 to gain and develop their reading and writing skills, especially for writing essays. I focus on encouraging students to believe in their own potential.
I specialise in tutoring for the 11+ for both Grammar and Independent schools based around Hillingdon, Harrow, SW Hertfordshire and Barnet as well as for 13+ entrance exams. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning, Creative Writing and interview practice targeted to both GL and CEM style assessments for 11+ and 13+ exams.
I am a friendly, patient and encouraging English teacher. I have 20 years of experience teaching across all key stages in Hillingdon secondary schools, both state and independent. I am a keen promoter of private reading - see attached file.
- Classes Using a combination of carefully structured worksheets and textbooks, we will devise a programme specifically for your child, to take him or her from the basics of Maths and/or English through to the more demanding aspects of school work.
I am Sumona Singhal - an English Specialist. I prepare for Entrance Exams, especially 11 plus and GCSE . A vast repertoire of past papers. Firmly believe in the adage- No Limitation. Believe and you can! - Which subject(s) do you teach? I am an English Specialist. 11 plus - all aspects of Comprehension, creative writing, vocabulary and Grammar.
Super Specialist Nat'l Award Winning Doctorate Certified Expert in HRM, MBA, CIPD, Entrance Exams & ADD/ADHD/Dyslexia. National Award rec'g teaching 11546 + students to 100% A* assured excellence. Fully Insured & qualified - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach A Level English, 11+ exam and 13+ exam.
- Classes Children follow a programme, the starting point being determined by an initial assessment. The maths programme is pure maths - from number recognition to GCSE algebra. It includes topics such as shape, time, measurement, area/perimeter, series, etc. We will also help with applied topics as required. We can provide practice papers for school exams (KS1, KS2, GCSE).
21 yrs teaching experience, Entrance Exam expert, A level ex-examiner/lecturer, HRM/Mngt Essay//Dissertation writing ,FRSM, FRSH, FRSA, PostDoc Dip'l, MA, MPhil, PGCE, Chartered MCIPD, Oxford PhD, Trinity DSc, assessor/ examiner, consultant, coach, - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English, 11+ and Business Administration (MBA) and the subjects listed above.
To be certain of the quality of our tutors and their teaching,
we collect the reviews of all former students.
These evaluations are authentic and guaranteed by Superprof.
Perfect! I was very impressed with Tikela and her direction and commitment to my son's education. She understood my son's needs and through her good teaching he gained his confidence back. She was worth every penny.
Perfect! Katy is a lovely person and extremely dedicated in helping people achieve the best grades they can. I’m want to apply to medicine and therefore need a 6 in English language, I previously only had a 4, Katy helped me go from a 4 to a 6 grade in...
Perfect! I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Eloise as an English tutor. She spent just six weeks working with my son before his GCSE's this year. Their work together meant that he walked into his exams with confidence and his final results...
Perfect! Gemma is a very calm , consistent and kind tutor who cuts through all the complicated jargon to explain Latin in a very clear manner. Very personable and professional and punctual and my daughter finds the lessons fun which is a bonus! Would not...
Perfect! Lily is a truly brilliant literature teacher who is intelligent, encouraging, supportive, and motivational! I recommend her highly! As a non-native English speaker from Taiwan 台灣 (East Asia), I initially found academic English super hard and...
Perfect! I booked lessons with Luke to improve my English literature essay writing. He proved to be most helpful in crystallising improvements I could make. I am currently still working with Luke.
Thousands of private tutors can help improve your grades.
Find a tutor near you for A Level lessons.