I plan to personalise each lesson so that the child gets the most they can out of it to ensure they really learn and understand concepts
I am a fully qualified, practicing and experienced primary teacher working with children across all primary ages. I take a particular interest in building confidence and self esteem in pupils and I hold an enhanced and current DBS certificate.
My approach respects the student`s personality and capabilities while challenging their thinking and perceptions. - I am sympathetic, experienced and understanding of the process and knowledge required therefore I am fully committed to teach until my students are content and satisfied with their work.
I approach these subjects very enthusiastically as I very much enjoyed my 11+ and GCSE stages myself. I apply different fun and memorable ways of learning topics that can be applied into further learning and love the feeling of being able to share my learning techniques with other young optimistic learners.
I begin my tutoring programme with a small assessment to find out where the child is and what they need to know. From there I will plan fun and engaging lessons, which the children will look forward to. I believe in giving children the support in which they need so they develop the skills and confidence to work independently.
My teaching method is to use an assessment-focussed approach. This does NOT mean having students write frequent long monotonous essays but rather allowing for constant opportunities for students to demonstrate knowledge through AFL (assessment for learning) tasks. Essays are used only to measure progress at three-week intervals. I base my classes on breaking topics down into digestable chunks.
- Classes Preparing students for 11 Plus and GCSE exams - Ages and Levels Covered 11 Plus: Maths and English GCSE: Maths and English - Opening Times Monday to Friday: 2pm to 8pm Saturday: 10am to 5pm - Tuition Fees Please contact our manager on 020 8866 9088 - Special Offers Limited offer - 20% discount for the students registering for 2 subjects.
- Classes First Class Learning is a weekly study programme in line with the UK curriculum. Children follow a programme, the starting point being determined by an initial assessment carried out in your own home. The basic programme is pure maths - from number recognition to GCSE algebra. It includes topics such as shape, time, measurement, area/perimeter, series, etc.
- Classes Children are taught in small groups but each child in the group works on an individual work plan designed to address any areas of weakness. Most children attend once a week for 80 minutes and homework is provided to reinforce the topics they have learnt in class. Teachers always provide feedback at the end of a session so that parents are kept up to date with their child's progress.
- Classes On the maths programme, children develop their numeracy skills as well as mental agility,concentration,accuracy and fluency. The English programme focuses on reading,comprehension skills but also builds skills in grammar, punctuation and vocabulary. - Ages and Levels Covered Students of all ages and abilities Attend the centre.
- Classes Small group sessions (4-6), created ability/age wise. Individualised plans for each child. All sessions include a useful variety of activities to help engage all learners. All sessions include REAL teaching. Small group sessions are proven to help develop independence, confidence, subject knowledge, teamwork and key skills and is better value for money than all other tuition types.
My teaching methodology is to teach, practice and then apply. Repition is also key to embed knowledge. I am able to prepare students for examinations and have experience in doing so. I carry out a short assessment at the end of the tutoring session to assess progress and learning.
I am a qualified primary school teacher with over six years' experience within the education field. I have been tutoring English and mathematics for over two years and have supported children to pass their entrance exams. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Primary curriculum and children with special needs. - Tell me about your qualifications.
I'm an English and Music teacher with experience teaching classes in secondary school, night school and university and tutoring one-to-one and in small groups.
- Classes We teach English and maths to children as young as 3 years old up until those at GCSE level. We also run a separate class for adults who require assistance in Maths and English. - Ages and Levels Covered Classes are available for children of all ages as well as adults. - Opening Times Classes run on Mondays from 2.30pm until 6.30pm and on weekends.
My teaching method will be one-to-one or group lessons to 11-19 year olds where we can go over writing techniques and do practice essays based on your spec to boost your grade. I will give homework and practice questions which I will mark and give feedback on, so that you can improve your marks.
I being by asking students to analyse new pieces of literature at the start of tutoring sessions. Looking at language, structure, form and context, this is a good way for students to warm up before looking at set texts within their course. I use various forms of learning, including drawing, speech writing and will advise YouTube videos to watch as a follow up to our lessons.
Students respond to interactive ways of learning and I have seen success when I employ such methods. For English, my lessons are full of discussion which encourages students to think creatively and I then help them develop coherence when expressing their ideas on paper. We go through each step of how to answer a certain type of question and consider every aspect of what makes a model answer.
I base my lessons on progressive knowledge banks which utilises the student's build up of vocabulary, comprehensive reading and PEEL writing techniques which are taught in the tutoring sessions.
I have recently completed a BA (hons) in English Language and Creative Writing and give lessons from primary to A level in creative writing, and because I have a passion for this, it inspires prospective students to success - if they have the raw talent, then I will teach them how to apply it.
My teaching method is very simple but at good quality, I prepare work accordingly to the child’s weaknesses and work on improving where necessary and I work accordingly to what schools expect of their students. I set homework weekly to identify where the student can do better and to see what their strongest links are.
I am a patient and open-minded tutor who is able to be flexible and open to suggestions in terms of what works best for individual students. I understand every child is different and therefore different approaches are needed in order to help them succeed.
My teaching method is very clear. I deliverd my lesson in very understanding way which help student to learn easily.
I base my classes on fun and creativity. I like to be hands on and get everyone involved in class.
My teaching method is fun, creative and informative. I use a range of different resources to suit the needs of each individual learner. I focus on the four main areas of English: Speaking, listening, reading and writing.
My method of teaching is very interactive and verbal, encouraging my students to find enthusiasm for the subject. When introducing a new topic, I like to firstly talk about it, and introduce it, by firstly relating it to a familiar topic of every life. This way, it will make my teaching more memorable and enjoyable.
I understand that every student is different and has their own unique learning style, therefore I tailor all of my classes accordingly to allow every student to access the lesson. I use a very methodical and patient approach which has proven very successful over the years.
I have a degree in English Literature and Creative Writing. I have good experience mentoring children aged 4-16 to gain and develop their reading and writing skills, especially for writing essays. I focus on encouraging students to believe in their own potential.
I specialise in tutoring for the 11+ for both Grammar and Independent schools based around Hillingdon, Harrow, SW Hertfordshire and Barnet as well as for 13+ entrance exams. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning, Creative Writing and interview practice targeted to both GL and CEM style assessments for 11+ and 13+ exams.
I am a friendly, patient and encouraging English teacher. I have 20 years of experience teaching across all key stages in Hillingdon secondary schools, both state and independent. I am a keen promoter of private reading - see attached file.
To be certain of the quality of our tutors and their teaching,
we collect the reviews of all former students.
These evaluations are authentic and guaranteed by Superprof.
Perfect! Have only had a few lessons so a bit early to assess but has been able to engage a teenager-always a plus!
Perfect! Elaine has worked wonders with our daughter who needed help with her handwriting. Her calm, supportive, engaging and inspiring approach ensured that Anna's confidence and handwriting rapidly improved. We can't recommend her highly enough.
Perfect! Kevin is a fantastic teacher! He makes you feel so comfortable and at ease. I really enjoy his lessons and he inspires you to learn more and to be confident in your language ability. The lessons were always very instructive, interesting and...
Perfect! Graham was very prompt in helping me with my assignments. He kept me informed and asked questions to make sure we were on the same page. I‘m impressed by his knowledge and thoroughness as well as his continued and prompt correspondence with me...
Perfect! I would like to say that if you get Tom as an English tutor you have hit the jackpot. He is patient, hard working but most importantly he know his stuff. He has a high expectation of his pupils, but with good cause as he does get results. We had...
Perfect! I was very impressed with Tikela and her direction and commitment to my son's education. She understood my son's needs and through her good teaching he gained his confidence back. She was worth every penny.
Thousands of private tutors can help improve your grades.
Find a tutor near you for A Level lessons.