I am a motivated, committed and enthusiastic tutor believing that I can get the best out of my students no matter what level of skills they have. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English Literature at A Level and English Literature and Language at GCSE. I also help younger students with the Common Entrance Exam.
I enjoy incorporating any particular interests a pupil has into the learning process in order to make it as valuable as possible. My teaching method is multi-sensory and structured in style to meet individual goals in the most productive way.
Hello, I'm friendly and patient and have lots of experience working with and teaching children. I'm living in Brighton and currently studying a doctorate in Educational Psychology at UCL in London. I'm available to tutor in Brighton. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Psychology and English to A-level standard, and French and Science up to GCSE standard.
As an arts educationalist with 15 years experience and a children's book author, I encourage a child-centred approach to learning. The teaching will be responsive to each student with planning to ensure each session reaches its maximum potential. - Which subject(s) do you teach? * English - KS1, KS2, GSCE, A Level, University Level. * Drama/Theatre Studies - GCSE, A Level and University Level.
I am an Oxford graduate who is dedicated to releasing your enthusiasm and academic potential. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English as a Foreign Language Having taught small groups of various nationalities, ages and levels, readying them for English Proficiency exams, I am well prepared to support your development.
Teacher of English and English Literature with 10 years experience and a proven record of tutoring success. Available for GCSE English and English Literature tutoring in the run up to this summer's exams. Group rates for up to five students available on request. Currently teaching in the West Sussex area.
- Classes Every student has a programme that is built just for them. They concentrate on getting to grips with topics that they are covering in school whilst also working on a parallel thread that is put together to fill any gaps that may exist in their core skills. * The MagiKats programme supports the National Curriculum. * More than tutor 'hot-housing' and more than learning by rote.
Hi! my name is Bella McGuinness and was born in the UK I can help you reach your goals through online tutoring and proofreading of academic essays - Which subject(s) do you teach? Academic study skills: essay writing and proofreading Speaking and conversation - Tell me about your qualifications. Certificate and Diploma in English Teaching to Adults IELTS and Academic English teaching.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English language (including English as a foreign language) and/or literature; French, German, Italian, Spanish and their literatures; and the classical languages Latin, Greek and Hebrew. I also teach Music - theory, history and/or appreciation - and piano-playing. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have an upper-2nd-class B.A.
I approach each topic using slides, with enthusiasm and understanding of the pupils needs in order to nurture their potential.
I enjoy Maths and love teaching.I am married with 2 kids who are learning Maths early. I was the Mathematics head teacher in a private school for 9 years and have been tutoring for 15 years. I am a fully qualified Maths teacher and Kumon instructor. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths,English,Science and Geography, and AS and A level Maths. - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes Our expert tutors will support your child's learning in maths, English or both subjects together. All programmes of study are tailored to your child and follow the National curriculum. We offer students a supportive environment in which to enjoy learning. Progress is made because students gain in confidence, see success in daily tasks and complete work in achievable steps.
- Classes We offer English, Maths and Science to children aged 3-16. Sessions are 80 minutes long and homework is always provided. Sessions are designed for the individual and support progress to give each child confidence. - Ages and Levels Covered Ages 3-16. - Opening Times Monday - Friday 3.45-6.35 Saturday 10.00 - 1.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English Literature. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have an Oxford BA degree in English Literature, an MA (with distinction) from University College, London, and have completed a PhD in English Literature at the University of Sussex. - How much do you charge? I charge a basic rate of £25 per hour.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English Language and English Literature to children of all ages. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have 10 GSCE's all C and above, including Maths, English and Science, with double A's in English. I have B grades at A-Level in both English Language and English Literature. I'm currently doing a degree in English Language and English Literature.
- Classes Classes run on a 'drop in' basis and parents should allow 30 minutes per subject. The children will be given homework to complete daily, which should take between 10 and 20 minutes per day. Fresh coffee is available, free of charge, for the parents waiting for their children while in class.
I am a friendly, approachable teacher. I base my teaching from relevant research and from my own experience as a teacher and 1:1 tutor. I often bring my own resources to lessons and exemplar student work to aid my students in their learning.
I am a secondary teacher of English/Literature and qualified SENDCo. I have extensive experience teaching key stage 3/4 and 5. I am on the Leadership team of an excellent secondary school and specialise in teaching challenging students in inventive ways. I use active learning and link texts to interests e.g. Lego for Shakespeare.
I approach the teaching field as very interactively and as participatory as I can. I have mostly taught younger children (5-12 year old), however I would be more than willing to help GCSE/A level students with any applications, studying for exams, or essay planning.
My approach is to help students develop effective strategies for each exam question and therefore my tutees feel prepared and secure in their success. My strengths are in the IB and A Level and I'm also highly experienced in working with GCSE students, particularly with the latest curriculum specifications.
The lesson structure will be dependent on the child’s age and current school topics. There will be a key topic or focus for each session, with a couple of activities and practice.
During my time as a tutor, I have invested time and effort into making sure that my lessons are creative, fun and ultimately interesting. I strive to ensure that my pupils want to learn what I'm teaching them and I believe creating an enthusiastic and creative environment will help them to enjoy and achieve.
My methods involve understanding the student; where they are currently, what they need next and how best they will get there. Practical methods and snappy tips and tricks will merge alongside detailed explanations and step-by-step progession.
I approach each topic from a student centred perspective - especially if the student has additional needs. My classroom is inclusive and driven by positive affirmations.
My name is Lilly, I'm 20 and I'm a English and Philosophy student studying at Sussex. I can give lessons to anyone of A-level and below in English and Philosophy. I can help with essay writing, analysis, close reading skills and exam prep.
I like to tailor my lessons according to the specific needs of the student. My brother is severely dyslexic, so I grew up with an understanding that different people have different ways of learning, and I like to discover these early on.
My teaching meth is unique because it works.
Will give detailed and enthusiastic support and teaching. I have just been through the education system, so will know what students are up against. I have a detailed and enthusiastic knowledge of the subject and will make it enjoyable.
I have many years of experience teaching German, English and French. My students are very positive about my patience and empathy. I am good at identifying and tackling any problems which may prevent a student from achieving their target. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English, German and French. - Tell me about your qualifications.
I think teaching should be a shared experience between teacher and pupil, and should open up discussions and insight into various other topics in addition to the particular one it is addressing. With literature in particular, so much of the subject is based on having a good think or conversation about the texts to improve how you read it and what you end up writing about it.
To be certain of the quality of our tutors and their teaching,
we collect the reviews of all former students.
These evaluations are authentic and guaranteed by Superprof.
Perfect! Katy is a lovely person and extremely dedicated in helping people achieve the best grades they can. I’m want to apply to medicine and therefore need a 6 in English language, I previously only had a 4, Katy helped me go from a 4 to a 6 grade in...
Perfect! I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Eloise as an English tutor. She spent just six weeks working with my son before his GCSE's this year. Their work together meant that he walked into his exams with confidence and his final results...
Perfect! Gemma is a very calm , consistent and kind tutor who cuts through all the complicated jargon to explain Latin in a very clear manner. Very personable and professional and punctual and my daughter finds the lessons fun which is a bonus! Would not...
Perfect! Lily is a truly brilliant literature teacher who is intelligent, encouraging, supportive, and motivational! I recommend her highly! As a non-native English speaker from Taiwan 台灣 (East Asia), I initially found academic English super hard and...
Perfect! I booked lessons with Luke to improve my English literature essay writing. He proved to be most helpful in crystallising improvements I could make. I am currently still working with Luke.
Perfect! Leslie is amazingly supportive and passionate about helping me make progress in my studies. She has my best interest at heart and continuously motivates and encourages me to move forward. We are currently looking at some research articles of...
Thousands of private tutors can help improve your grades.
Find a tutor near you for A Level lessons.