I am a motivated, committed and enthusiastic tutor believing that I can get the best out of my students no matter what level of skills they have. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English Literature at A Level and English Literature and Language at GCSE. I also help younger students with the Common Entrance Exam.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English language (including English as a foreign language) and/or literature; French, German, Italian, Spanish and their literatures; and the classical languages Latin, Greek and Hebrew. I also teach Music - theory, history and/or appreciation - and piano-playing. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have an upper-2nd-class B.A.
I enjoy incorporating any particular interests a pupil has into the learning process in order to make it as valuable as possible. My teaching method is multi-sensory and structured in style to meet individual goals in the most productive way.
Hello, I'm friendly and patient and have lots of experience working with and teaching children. I'm living in Brighton and currently studying a doctorate in Educational Psychology at UCL in London. I'm available to tutor in Brighton. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Psychology and English to A-level standard, and French and Science up to GCSE standard.
As an arts educationalist with 15 years experience and a children's book author, I encourage a child-centred approach to learning. The teaching will be responsive to each student with planning to ensure each session reaches its maximum potential. - Which subject(s) do you teach? * English - KS1, KS2, GSCE, A Level, University Level. * Drama/Theatre Studies - GCSE, A Level and University Level.
I am an Oxford graduate who is dedicated to releasing your enthusiasm and academic potential. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English as a Foreign Language Having taught small groups of various nationalities, ages and levels, readying them for English Proficiency exams, I am well prepared to support your development.
Teacher of English and English Literature with 10 years experience and a proven record of tutoring success. Available for GCSE English and English Literature tutoring in the run up to this summer's exams. Group rates for up to five students available on request. Currently teaching in the West Sussex area.
- Classes Every student has a programme that is built just for them. They concentrate on getting to grips with topics that they are covering in school whilst also working on a parallel thread that is put together to fill any gaps that may exist in their core skills. * The MagiKats programme supports the National Curriculum. * More than tutor 'hot-housing' and more than learning by rote.
Hi! my name is Bella McGuinness and was born in the UK I can help you reach your goals through online tutoring and proofreading of academic essays - Which subject(s) do you teach? Academic study skills: essay writing and proofreading Speaking and conversation - Tell me about your qualifications. Certificate and Diploma in English Teaching to Adults IELTS and Academic English teaching.
The lessons will be of speaking, reading and writing and they will all be in English. If the students are looking to take the IELTS, I will have a book and exercises to give to the student to prepare for their exam.
I approach each topic using slides, with enthusiasm and understanding of the pupils needs in order to nurture their potential.
As a tutor, i enjoy a hands-on and flexible approach with my clients. Lessons are tailored around what suits the student best, with core components of reading tasks, mind maps, and critical analysis of texts being present in most sessions.
My style of teaching is through conversation. I hang out with my students and we simply chat, with questions and answers throughout. I like teaching this way because it's very relaxed with no pressure.
I enjoy Maths and love teaching.I am married with 2 kids who are learning Maths early. I was the Mathematics head teacher in a private school for 9 years and have been tutoring for 15 years. I am a fully qualified Maths teacher and Kumon instructor. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths,English,Science and Geography, and AS and A level Maths. - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes Our expert tutors will support your child's learning in maths, English or both subjects together. All programmes of study are tailored to your child and follow the National curriculum. We offer students a supportive environment in which to enjoy learning. Progress is made because students gain in confidence, see success in daily tasks and complete work in achievable steps.
- Classes We offer English, Maths and Science to children aged 3-16. Sessions are 80 minutes long and homework is always provided. Sessions are designed for the individual and support progress to give each child confidence. - Ages and Levels Covered Ages 3-16. - Opening Times Monday - Friday 3.45-6.35 Saturday 10.00 - 1.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English Literature. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have an Oxford BA degree in English Literature, an MA (with distinction) from University College, London, and have completed a PhD in English Literature at the University of Sussex. - How much do you charge? I charge a basic rate of £25 per hour.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English Language and English Literature to children of all ages. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have 10 GSCE's all C and above, including Maths, English and Science, with double A's in English. I have B grades at A-Level in both English Language and English Literature. I'm currently doing a degree in English Language and English Literature.
- Classes Classes run on a 'drop in' basis and parents should allow 30 minutes per subject. The children will be given homework to complete daily, which should take between 10 and 20 minutes per day. Fresh coffee is available, free of charge, for the parents waiting for their children while in class.
My teaching method is very personalised and tailored to each student that I teach. I will begin by having a conversation with you and getting to know you, your English ability and what your main intentions of using English are.
I am a friendly, approachable teacher. I base my teaching from relevant research and from my own experience as a teacher and 1:1 tutor. I often bring my own resources to lessons and exemplar student work to aid my students in their learning.
I use both modern cognitive methods and traditional tutoring to get the best results. Establishing a rapport, fostering motivation and a sense of the value and real life relevance of the what we do is key to starting out. After that comes hard work that is satisfying and fun.
I am a secondary teacher of English/Literature and qualified SENDCo. I have extensive experience teaching key stage 3/4 and 5. I am on the Leadership team of an excellent secondary school and specialise in teaching challenging students in inventive ways. I use active learning and link texts to interests e.g. Lego for Shakespeare.
I approach the teaching field as very interactively and as participatory as I can. I have mostly taught younger children (5-12 year old), however I would be more than willing to help GCSE/A level students with any applications, studying for exams, or essay planning.
I believe in positive reinforcement, making sure the student builds their confidence in order for them to reach those desired grades and be inspired to take on any challenges that lie ahead. I do various English exercises in my introductory session to find out what the student's weakness is and therefore build on this skill set.
My passion is helping children and adults achieve their potential and rediscover their love of learning. I specialise in finding creative ways to make learning interactive, rewarding and fun! I find that when learners are motivated through exciting activities and challenges, they can achieve more than they thought possible.
My approach is to help students develop effective strategies for each exam question and therefore my tutees feel prepared and secure in their success. My strengths are in the IB and A Level and I'm also highly experienced in working with GCSE students, particularly with the latest curriculum specifications.
The lesson structure will be dependent on the child’s age and current school topics. There will be a key topic or focus for each session, with a couple of activities and practice.
I approach each topic from a student centred perspective - especially if the student has additional needs. My classroom is inclusive and driven by positive affirmations.
My teaching method is relational and creative - I seek make text relevant and inspiring, placing them in historical, cultural, and socio-economic contexts, and try to make learning both challenging and enjoyable; to demystify it where possible, and always have in mind where the individual student is at in terms of understanding and perception.
To be certain of the quality of our tutors and their teaching,
we collect the reviews of all former students.
These evaluations are authentic and guaranteed by Superprof.
Perfect! Charlotte has been fantastic with my son.The best thing about her teaching style is that she motivates the children and she gets them to enjoy their writing. She plans the sessions meticulously and is very focused on how she wants to approach each...
Perfect! I am currently using Jane for my second daughter who is studying for her IGCSE in English Language. I used Jane last year for my first daughter. Who was studying IGCSE English Language and English Literature. She brought her up from a grade C to...
Perfect! It is not easy to choose the right teacher from an application. I made a quick decision to choose a form of training that was both efficient and affordable. Thankfully, Ilona agreed to work with me. Ilona is an expert in English education. She...
Perfect! Kyran was always an avid reader and enjoyed English. In the last year or so his confidence took a dip and resulted him shying away from any English work. During his first session with Yasmin he produced an impressive piece of literature and even...
Perfect! Absolutely fantastic! Quick response, lovely person and amazing tutor. My daughter feels more confident in mathematics now just after a few lessons, so it’s making me proud of her even more. Thank you Michelle :)
Perfect! I have two sons who have been tutored by Emma on a weekly basis, they both thoroughly enjoy their sessions with Emma both boys are reading more and their teachers have noticed a marked improvement in their schoolwork. I cannot recommend Emma...
Thousands of private tutors can help improve your grades.
Find a tutor near you for A Level lessons.