My teaching method very much on what is personally wanted from you. Depending on the level and the focus I can go generally into what the tutee will find interesting at that time or it can be more geared towards examinations, looking at specific content and working through past papers.
I am more than comfortable teaching up to GCSE level, and dependant upon the subject matter could go as far as A-Levels. I am a friendly, easy-going tutor who prefers to encourage rather than discipline, and would like to help anyone at any level become more proficient.
Happy to give quality, planned maths tutoring to any age up to GCSE! Each lesson can be tailored to a students needs and any weaknesses that can be given or that I can Identify. I try and provide methods that are clear and easy to understand.
am a qualified Post-Compulsory Education teacher with over 10 years working experience teaching Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications related to Science and Maths in FE and Sixth Form Colleges. I have a strong scientific, technological and mathematics knowledge acquired from achieving a Chemical Engineering degree and carrying out scientific research in Physical Chemistry.
Having been tutored myself in my A-levels I have a feel for what works and engages tutees. I like to start off by either giving a mini test to the student to identify weak areas- or if that seems a bit daunting, I would just have a chat with the student about what they would like to focus on. I always end the lesson with a few questions to really make sure we have covered the topic at hand.
Hi I'm Arnold. With over 17 years of teaching Chemistry up to IB Diploma including A level, I always prepare my lessons and vary my teaching methods to meet the needs of the learners. - Which subject(s) do you teach? My main subject is Chemistry from GCSE up to and including A level (AQA, OCR A and OCR B (Salters)) and IB Diploma.
I am self-motivated with proven training, analytical, managerial, developmental skills and excellent problem solving skills. I have considerable knowledge of training for operations and analytical work, and in running small teams of people.
Specialise in the practical application of chemistry and physics.
- Classes Class Ethos We aim to create a calm and welcoming atmosphere in the class. We talk to every child while they are in the classroom, and they can also turn to our trained assistants for friendly advice and help. Personal organisation and consideration for others are encouraged. Students are expected to bring a sharp pencil to class and to do their work quietly, without distracting others.
Hi My name is Katy and I look forward to working with you helping you achieve the high grades you deserve!!!! - Which subject(s) do you teach? I tutor A-level Computing, A-level ICT, A-level Physics, Computer programming, Computing and IT skills, GCSE Biology, GCSE Chemistry, GCSE English, GCSE History, GCSE ICT, GCSE Maths, GCSE Physics, GCSE Science, Key Stage 3 English, Key Stage 3...
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I am educated to degree level in Human Sciences which is primarily Biology, I am educated to teach A-Level Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I studied at the University of Durham and am a current Masters student at Durham. I am currently teaching Secondary Science. - Tell me about your qualifications.
I understand that not every student will have the same level or method of learning. Therefore, throughout my teaching I obtain feedback to ensure that you are satisfied with my method of teaching. The method I use will be a combination of teaching, allowing discussions so that students can learn from each other, and frequent assessments to evaluate your learning.
According to my two years experience, I made a difference to: • Each student’s achievement in mathematics • Each student’s experience of learning mathematics. This includes feelings of satisfaction with meeting challenges, being valued as a person, learning things that have meaning in your life and getting rewards for making significant efforts.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Chemistry, Applied Science and Physics to A-level. I teach all Sciences and Maths to GCSE. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a degree in Chemistry, a Ph. D in Material Science, I am also a qualified teacher with a masters degree in assessment. - How much do you charge? Depending on the subject and level, I charge £25-£30 per hour.
I am a highly successful Head of Physics at an Outstanding secondary school in York. I teach Physics, Chemistry and Biology to GCSE and Physics to A Level.
I am a recent Physics and Maths graduate with experience in tutoring 14- to 18-year-olds. I try to provide the 'building blocks' to coach a student to use their current understanding to reach new conclusions themselves. I focus on summarising the essential concepts and how to use these to tackle more advanced problems.
I am studying a PhD in Theoretical Particle Physics so I have a profound passion for Physics and Mathematics.I work very closely with the students and the parents to make sure I provide them with the type of lessons they require.
Physics is all about understanding the natural phenomena around us, and using mathematics to help with that. As your tutor, I will firstly help you understand the theoretical concepts by guiding you through each of the concepts step by step, and then use mathematics to link it all together. I also offer personal guidance on IB exam techniques and exam questions, as well as offering IA advice.
All throughout my school life I have believed that understanding the subject is the most important thing, not memorising or learning from markschemes! I teach through explaining the underlying concepts so that everything starts to make logical sense.
I have studied physics for some years now, learning both maths and physics in a rigorous and formal way. I know how hard it can get and I already have located some common sources of struggles now. I have even helped fellow colleagues that struggled and understood some topics better with me than with the teacher because sometimes it is easier to understand someone who speaks at your same level.
I am an engineering student currently living in Durham City, and can tutor students within Durham up to GCSE level. Please don't hesitate to contact me for any further information or to discuss potential tutoring. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths and Physics. - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics at KS3, GCSE and A-Level. - Tell me about your qualifications. I hold: First Class first year M.Chem. chemistry degree at the University of Durham; 5 Grade A 'A' Levels in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Business; 10 Grade A* GCSEs.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach all Sciences to GCSE / KS4 level. At AS/A2 level I teach Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. I can also teach Psychology & Statistics to Undergraduate level. - Tell me about your qualifications. I completed my PGCE at Kings College London and have been a qualified teacher for 7 years.
To be certain of the quality of our tutors and their teaching,
we collect the reviews of all former students.
These evaluations are authentic and guaranteed by Superprof.
Perfect! I asked Alex to help me in my preparation for the NSAA (the admission test for Cambridge University, in Natural Sciences). Although I don't have the test results yet, I feel confident in saying that she was of great help, always very helpful in...
Perfect! George was a great success, he is professional and well prepared, he bonded well with the student and achieved real results, highly recommended.
Perfect! Daniel makes a great tutor. as he is not only very knowledgeable about his subjects, but also has good ideas for how to help the student with how to learn the information. He covered both topic knowledge as well as exam/learning techniques. From...
Perfect! Marie is patient to our children. We are happy having her to teach for our family.
Perfect! James has seen my boys for just over a month now and I have been really pleased with his support. He is very quietly spoken and incredibly patient. I have twin boys studying A-level Physics and James always makes sure both boys understand the...
Perfect! Michael is a very experienced tutor who clearly explained the topics and provided the 'lesson notes' very promptly after the session - would use him again
Thousands of private tutors can help improve your grades.
Find a tutor near you for AS Level lessons.