- Classes Every student has a programme that is built just for them. They concentrate on getting to grips with topics that they are covering in school whilst also working on a parallel thread that is put together to fill any gaps that may exist in their core skills. * The MagiKats programme supports the National Curriculum. * More than tutor 'hot-housing' and more than learning by rote.
- Classes Each lesson lasts for 80 minutes. Each child is put on an individual learning plan and as a result they are given individual work on the computer as well as written. - Ages and Levels Covered We cover ages 5- 18 years. However we now offer day classes to adults. We also cover all levels.
- Classes There are no set arrival times – children arrive at any convenient time on their particular day(s). Students swap their completed homework for new homework when they arrive at the centre and collect their class work for the day. Students will typically be in class for 20-30 minutes per subject. During this time, parents are welcome to wait in the waiting area.
- Classes Classes are of a drop-in nature, and children typically attend for around 20-30 minutes per subject. There are 4 classes per week and children can attend as many times per week as they choose. Children work independently on worksheets which have been tailored to their individual needs, and so there is no group-work at Kumon. One-to-one help is always available at the centre.
- Classes Our classes are run on a drop-in basis. Children typically attend the centre for around 20-30 minutes per subject. At Kumon, we are passionate about your child's development.
My method of instruction relies on working with student strengths and targeting their weaknesses. For example, students may have excellent ideas but fail to convey them. In this case, I would work with the student to perfect their essay execution, improving their essay planning, their writing skills and their structuring.
I am a first-year student at Imperial College London studying Physics with Science Education. I teach students ranging from primary school to GCSE. My lessons focus on creating and achieving subject-specific goals which are relevant and individual to the student, helping to encourage a joy of learning.
- Classes Every student has a programme that is built just for them. They concentrate on coming to grips with topics that they are covering in school whilst also working on a parallel thread that is put together to fill any gaps that may exist in their core skills. Students work in small groups, with an appropriately qualified and fully trained mentor.
- Classes For the first few visits one of our friendly assistants will guide the student through the class routine until they are confident and familiar with it. When the student arrives in class with their Kumon box, they need to find their file in our crates.
- Classes Students attend the study centre up to twice a week depending on their family commitments. They attend for about half an hour per subject. Parents can wait in the seated foyer or leave students for a limited time whilst they visit the neighbouring coffee shop or store.
- Classes The class runs 2 times a week (students can attend once or twice a week) and both maths and English can be studied in one session. Each student will receive a tailored programme and will receive support from the team of assistants at the centre.
- Classes The work is tailored to each students needs, to develop study skills, concentration and a positive attitude to study giving the student an opportunity to reach their potential. Children attend class for 30 minutes per subject at any time while class is open.
- Classes The class runs twice times a week and students can study both maths and English in one session. Each student will receive a tailored programme and will receive support from the team of assistants at the centre. Students can 'drop in' at a convenient time to the centre to work on their own programme.
I plan all lessons in advance and use a variety of cross curricular methods across all subjects to ensure all students are fully motivated and highly engaged. I endeavour to make learning fun and approachable for all . My lesson structure is well paced to ensure no two lessons are the same.
I adapt my lessons/ sessions to the individual. I like making things fun and easy to understand, especially if a pupil is uncertain on a subject/ topic. I'm very welcoming, and always am open to suggestions. I'm able to help with GCSE's and A-Level, but can do any educational level if needed.
I like to find the particular areas of interest of each student, then assess strengths and areas for development. I tailor individual lessons using humour and rapport, along with interactive technology to build engagement and enjoyment, while targeting rapid achievement.
I am a recent graduate of History of Art and English Literature and I am available for tutoring in Glasgow. I would be interested in helping a range of ages with subjects such as English Literature and Language, History / History of Art, Philosophy or general humanities subjects.
I am adept at recognising the areas where students lack confidence in their own abilities and struggle with specific aspects of learning. It is therefore important to me to create an environment where the student feels safe, supported, accepted and comfortable. My teaching style is creative, varied, adaptable, consistent, and very flexible.
I tutor anyone from age 10+ in English as well as Maths, upto GCSE level including Functional Skills upto Level 2. I like to get to know my student and ascertain their abilities before setting a scheme of work in place. I tailor my lessons for each individual student, according to their ability, and their ambitions.
Hello! If you've found your way here, you're interested in ancient Greek - good for you! Whether you're starting from scratch, trying to lift your grades or dusting off the old books, I've got you covered. Whether you're a primary or secondary school student, undergraduate or postgraduate, we can work with the set texts and textbook(s) you use at school or university to help you master Greek.
I am a 25-year-old who has a BA (2:1) in English Literature from Cambridge University. I also have an A* in English Literature A Level. I offer tutoring in English Literature at all levels from young schoolchildren to university level, including adult or informal learning.
I a a Tutor driven to educate others and promote organization and individual productivity through the continuous learning and applying the knowledge gained in the process. Passionate about studying English literature and history. I look into into the following - 1. Understand the syllabus. 2. Asses student and identify their strengths and weaknesses and decide the training level. 3.
I have taught students throughout my time in education as a way to help myself learn as well as helping others. I believe that everyone has the ability to understand and that knowledge is power. A problem can always be solved and this is better achieved with team work. I will never give up until my student has a confident grasp on their subject.
To make this brief, my name is Jasmine and I am a strong believer in academia! I am from London and originally Vietnam. I attended James Allen's Girls' School in East Dulwich, studied Art, History of Art, Geography, Maths and Critical Thinking at A Level (A*, A, A, B, B). I applied for Cambridge and got into Trinity College, the most prestigious college at Cambridge University.
The thing that parents and students must realise when approaching studies for GCSEs, is that the most important thing is the exam. I have seen very clever and talented students who love the subject do very poorly on the exam because they did not keep the exam in mind when studying. Therefore my approach in these lessons will always be centered around the exam.
I have finished my GCSE's and have a long summer break. I would like to tutor younger students based on my GCSE experience. I achieved a grade 9 (A*) in both my mock exams in English.
I have completed an English Literature Pre-U (A-level equivalent), in addition to an A-level in drama and Psychology Pre-U. I also study Drama, Applied Theatre, Education and Writing for Performance at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama. I'd be happy to help primary school, GCSE and A-level students.
The structure of each session will focus on a particular topic. The session will begin with an overview of theory. Then, taking a practical approach each session will entail working through a practice or exam question, putting the theory into play. As sessions progress the structure of each session will be tailored to suit the specific requirements of the student.
My teaching method is flexible depending on how the student would like to learn. I am happy to go through topics at the learners pace and will focus on achieving a full understanding. It is possible for me to also create work sheets as "homework" to further aid the students learning.
I am a 2nd year PhD student in English Literature. I have achieved great success in my academic career so far, gaining a First Class Honours in my undergraduate degree, and a Distinction in my Masters (both in English Literature). My specific areas of research/interest are in early twentieth-century women's writing.
To be sure of your tutor's teaching and lesson quality when learning Reading. We collect authentic testimonials of former students, reviewed & guaranteed by Superprof.
Perfect! Katie has been a wonderful tutor to my 8 year old daughter. Within 3 months, my daughter has improved a lot in English. She is very committed and reliable and makes the lesson and homework fun. I would highly recommend Katie for anyone who needs...
Perfect! My best English teacher ever. Really, she is perfect.
Perfect! Leslie is amazingly supportive and passionate about helping me make progress in my studies. She has my best interest at heart and continuously motivates and encourages me to move forward. We are currently looking at some research articles of...
Perfect! Amazing teacher. My starting level was very low and I was so frustrated... Thanks!
Perfect! I am completely struggling during my third year of university at Kings and could find no help from my lectures or tutors. I do not know what I would have done without Franco's help. He explained to me SO clearly the readings I was given within...
Perfect! Michael was quick to reply and so accommodating. Highly qualified and so helpful and professional throughout with a kind personality and lots of encouragement. I can’t recommend Michael enough.
We have thousands of Reading tutors online to help with Reading learning.
Find a Reading tutor near me to help you or your kids with Reading.