My goal is to build confidence and knowledge in the subject the student is struggling with. I encourage individual curiosity and enthusiasm towards towards the French language. What I believe my role is as a tutor is ensuring that the tutee ends up feeling 100% confident in his/her ability to achieve the best academic results they can by enjoying the subject and wanting to know more about it rather than spoon-feeding answers to tired students who have been working all day. Building a trust-based relationship with the student is very important to me, I believe children work best in an environment where they feel comfortable, confident and curious.
As a second year university student studying Animal Behaviour at MMU, I can confirm that I know exactly what students who struggle with a particular subject feel. Having lived in Tanzania, France, Sri Lanka, Kenya and now England as well as having experienced the American, French and British academic systems I have a wide range of knowledge regarding different examination processes. I have also passed all the exams your children are passing not so long ago (IGCSE, International Baccalaureate Bilingual Diploma) and am familiar with the expectations students should/want to meet.
LENA CLARA LOPEZ
(concealed information) (concealed information)5
Second year undergraduate student in Bsc (Hons) Animal Behaviour at Manchester Metropolitan University with excellent experience in equine and canine care. Organisational, communication and teamwork skills developed through volunteering and work experience in animal related fields.
UNDERGRADUATE IN ANIMAL BEHAVIOUR
Ongoing - Manchester Metropolitan University, United Kingdom.
Key Modules: Animal behaviour, Ecology & Environment studies, Genetics, Adaptations and Diversity (GAD), Tutorial Activities and Field Skills.
- Manipulation of computer software such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SPSS and Mendeley for data statistical analysis and presentations during experiments and group projects.
- Strong knowledge in Ecology and Biology based field experiments as well as data analysis.
CARBON LITERACY TRAINING AND CERTIFICATE
March 2018 - Manchester Metropolitan University, United Kingdom
- Strong knowledge of Climate Change and Carbon Footprints through presentations, debates and Before the Flood Documentary.
- Presentation and Teamwork skills developed during group activities on global warming reduction and solutions
BILINGUAL INTERNATION BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA PROGRAM
June 2017 - Braeburn Garden Estate – Cambridge system, British school in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Subjects included Environmental Science and Societies at Standard Level, French, English Literature, English Language, Psychology and Biology at Higher Level and Mathematical Studies.
IGCSE (MUSIC OPTION) May2015 - Braeburn Gitanga - Cambridge system, British school in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Subjects included Sociology, English, Spanish, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Music.
SECONDARY STUDIES 2007-2012 - International French School Lycee Denis Diderot, Nairobi, Kenya.
PRIMARY STUDIES 2004-2007 - International French School of Colombo, Sri Lanka.
RELEVANT WORK AND VOLUNTEERING EXPERIENCE
VOLUNTARY WORK IN PRIVATE STABLES, ROME, ITALY - APRIL 2018-
- Utilising knowledge of large animal care to carry out all horse care, ensuring a safe, clean environment resulting in healthy animals.
- Organisational, communication and language learning skills were greatly developed during this time to speak Italian and interact with other staff when learning the stables protocol and daily tasks.
VOLUNTARY WORK IN AMICI DI FIDO KENNEL, ROME, ITALY -APRIL 2018
- Volunteering as assistant was a position consisting of dog walking, feeding and exercising.
This role comprised of teamwork and foreign language speaking which are skills that have been ameliorated through the comprehension of safety rules and task allocations.
COURSE REPRESENTATIVE, STUDENT AMBASSADOR AT MANCHESTER METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY- 2017-2018
- Official contact point for students, provide additional advice and information, in charge of negotiations of implementations with senior staff, student voice, project delegate. Developed skills consisted of teamwork, leadership and communication throughout this position.
CLASS REPRESENTATIVE AND PREFECT - BRAEBURN GARDEN ESTATE SCHOOL, NAIROBI, KENYA - 2016-2017
- High school representative, host for new students and parents by guiding them through the establishment, assisted meetings with prefects and senior staff to resolve and improve prefect team efficiency.
AID IN FRENCH FOR PRIMARY AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS FROM BRAEBURN GARDEN ESTATE SCHOOL - 2016
- Provide help and academic advice to students requiring help in French.
SUSO MEMBER (STAND UP SHOUT OUT) AND THE SCHOOL CHARITY COMMITTEE - NAIROBI,
KENYA - 2015-2017
- Building a school for underprivileged children, organisation of national events such as golf tournaments, collaboration with banks and KWS (Kenya Wildlife Service) to support Kenya wildlife, collaboration with Karura Forest Services for tree plantation and species conservation (Colobus monkeys).
VOLUNTARY WORK AT KSPCA (KENYA SOCIETY FOR THE PROTECTION AND CARE OF ANIMALS), NAIROBI, KENYA - 2015-2016
- Responsible for animal feeding and grooming, cage cleaning, stables renovation.
- Volunteering here allowed me to interact with new people every day, improve my organisational skills and have some responsibility as well as successfully achieving daily tasks
WORK EXPERIENCE PLACEMENT AT ST AUSTIN’S VETERINARY CLINIC, NAIROBI, KENYA - Mars 2015
- Excellent knowledge in animal care by working as a veterinary assistant during operations, walking the dogs, caring and feeding the other animal patients. This allowed me to cope and handle situations in stressful circumstances by using logical and quick thinking.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£17||£12|
|5 hours||Not available||£75||£60|
|10 hours||Not available||£155||£120|