My main aim would be to focus all the energy to pass exams and assignments. We can work through your set assignments, and go through work that you struggle with.
Having tutored for many years, I have built up excellent skills at being able to slowly and thoroughly explain the work at hand.
This will be a two way tutoring, where you let me know how fast or slow, I should go through the work.
4 years of being a Development Engineer for two cutting edge industries.
If you are trying to take your career to the next level, which requires qualification, let me help you work through the homework.
IET MEIT membership, working towards Chartered ship.
BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering (2.1)
MPhil Physics (Distinction)
I have tutored Mathematics for 6 years.
Anything more than 10 miles travel, will incur a £5 travel fee.
Experienced in industrial research and design, working on innovative electronic security products to protect legal tender. Key skills: Embedded C coding on the microchip family. PCB design using Mentor Graphics PADS and Proteus.
Electrical Development Engineer, RUSSELL FINEX FEB 2018 - Present
Design new electronics and electrical designs for sieving products. Working on the full lifecycle of the projects, finding new technology, and industrialising it.
development engineer, Spinnaker international June 2014 – Oct 2017
Research and development of key elements within a cash-in-transit box to improve security, cost, and reliability. High performance engineer – Working outside the standard rules of the company to be able to hit milestones quickly. Ability to speak to a wide range of people, including customers, suppliers, academic and colleagues to find solutions within minutes.
Being the primary contact with the University of Exeter, I liaise with senior academics to research and find workable solutions.
Technical detail: The main project that I worked on at Spinnaker, was to improve a mechanical tamper sensor within their security products. The full life cycle of this next generation product was carried out alone, with guidance. I designed a new PCB circuit which used time domain reflectometry, utilised for tamper sensing. The software was written in embedded C on the PIC32 Microchip. The benefits for the chosen electrical design was to improve power efficiency and improve sensing ability.
• Electrical CAD (Mentor Graphics) / Hardware
• Coding on the Microchip family
• Compliance testing
• ISO 9001
• Customer / Supplier contact
• Persuasion, Influence, Negotiating and Assertiveness
• Presentation skills
• Research and Innovation
• Mentoring new recruits
• Project management / Finance control
Research Associate / MASTERS: University of exeter (UK), Mphil Physics
• Cleanroom trained with COSHH awareness
• Graphene fabrication & Photolithography
• Journal publication
UNDERGRADUAte: Plymouth University (UK), BEng (Hons) electrical & Electronic engineering 2010 – 2014 (GraduateD 2.1)
• Advanced Mathematics
• Automated Systems
o Control Engineering
• Design & Control of Renewable Energy Technology
o Photovoltaic Panels
o Project: Maximum Power Point Tracking using C language
o LabVIEW – myDAQ Solar Panels comparison
• Electronics for Communications
o Project: Bluetooth audio communication using C language
• Dissertation project
o Research Graphene Supercapacitors
o Building my own Supercapacitors in the lab
• Information & Communication Signal Processing
o Project: Design & build an ECG machine with the aid of MATLAB
• Microprocessor system design & Embedded systems
o 8051 in assembly
o Arm Cortex M4
o Linux (Coded a LAN baby monitor)
CLaremont High school (london), 2003 - 2010
o 3 A levels: Mathematics, Further Mathematics & Physics
o 11 A - C GCSE’s
Courses / Conferences
Scientific / Language courses
Conferences / Trade shows
• CMI Level 5 in Management and Leadership
• Assertiveness Skills
• Green Belt Lean 6 Sigma
• Transmission lines & crosstalk
• Masterclass Conductive inks
• Intermediate German language
• IDTechEx Printed electronics, Santa Clara 2014
• Graphene Week, Manchester 2015
• InPrint, Milan 2016
• Excellent communicator with various people from all backgrounds of knowledge and levels of seniority.
• Great with various cultures, socially and for business.
• Managing the overall project at Spinnaker Int.
• Project manager for Engineers Without Borders Society
• Social secretary for Theater Goers Society
o Managing and coordinating events
• Rapid electronics award for best undergraduate research dissertation in Electronic & Electrical Engineering 2014
• Plymouth Award 2014 – Extra-curricular
• Mixed martials arts (2 years) – Mental agility and perseverance
• Cycling (Completed 26 mile Bikeathon for charity) - Determination
Thrive AfricA charity program in GHANA, 2012
• Built libraries in schools
• Agriculture for Orphans
IT Skill & Hobbies
• Advanced Microsoft Skills - Certified
• Advanced knowledge and experience using C language / Embedded C
• Arduino home automation
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£45||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£80||Not available|