my teaching method will be based purely on my tutee, as I believe everyone learns differently and you can always find a method for everyone and for every subject. I will communicate with my tutee regularly via email every week.
A mature & responsible student. I have backgrounds in creative subjects e.g. dance & history. Have a variety of skills and will be more than happy to support younger students and pass these skills, as well as learn more myself.
GCSE maths and science = £9/hour
I can travel to the student if needed, but no longer than an hour commute.
The Access Project 2017-2019:
This is a program in my school that offers free tuition to students that come from less advantaged backgrounds. I had to compete against around 100 of my peers in my school. I went through a process of an online application, where only 31 of us were accepted. I then had to attend an interview, which was very intimidating for me as a year 9 student. With all my hard work and preparation, I was accepted and gained a place in the Access Project. The program required me to organise weekly tutorials with my tutor, this demonstrates my communication and organisation skills. I am tutored in maths at Queen Mary University, which has helped tremendously, not only in the subject, but also about options I could take after secondary school. In year 10, I applied for the ambassador role against 9 other people in my year, in which I successfully achieved the place of an Access Project Ambassador. Since then, I have taken part in public speaking, educating younger students about the program, as well as meeting other ambassadors from other parts of London, which is also a demonstration of my social and confidence skills. After leaving school, I have committed my free time to educate the lower school children and their parents about TAP which I have enjoyed. My progress in the Access Project is one of my proudest achievements that I believe has helped me grow as a person and constantly challenge myself.
M&G investments, February 2018 for the duration of 5 days.
Role: equities analyst
- research on the histories of companies and understand investment is decided based on their relevance, potential etc.
- Received a research project on the company of footlocker
- At the end of the week, I had to do a presentation on my experience. I found that this helped my confidence and public speaking skills, as well as time management as I had to meet a deadline.
- Spoke to the manager of M&G investments who told us about his educational experience, had CV workshops and more.
Hammersmith hospital, June 2018, for the duration of 5 days.
Role: healthcare scientist
- Took part in practical activities such as testing for urine and how to deal with patients who have Ebola
- . I also received university style lectures, which informed us on apprenticeships in healthcare science.
- Visited the patients ward in radiology, where I spoke and worked with patients and learnt about how nurses worked with them. I found this extremely endearing and inspirational
- At the end of the week, I took part in a group research project, which we chose to do on our favourite activities e.g. the genome project. I found this helped me learn to work well in a team and approach problems logically.
- We also presented to parents and our peers.
East ham and Green street library, 16 hours of volunteering in august 2019
- I had responsibilities such as shelfing, where I had to learn how to shelf books in the right order which is quickly adapted to.
- I also had to help customers, families, how to use machines, computers and help them in daily activities held at the library.
- Had to learn how the summer reading challenge worked in a day, and then help the customers who came in the library for this. I thoroughly enjoyed working with young children and families, rewarding them with medals and encouraging them to read more as this is something I am passionate about.
- Spoke to many parents and the elderly who were regular customers, who gave me advice and I enjoyed the endearing conservations we had. I found myself naturally being able to talk comfortably to the customers.
NCS challenge July-August 2019
- During phase 1, I took part in several physical challenges which helped me overcome my fears, as well as team building activities in which I found myself to be confident and a natural leader.
- During phase 2 I took part in public speaking, which I’ve done a lot in the past and helped my exercise my confidence. At the end of this phase I had to do a group presentation with my group.
- During phase 3 I took leadership continuously, giving roles to the 12 people in my team.
- During our prep day where we went shopping for our volunteering, I happily took charge and successfully completed the task
- Me and my group partnered with east way care centre, where we worked with adults with disabilities. We travelled to Stratford to raise awareness, which consisted of talking to new strangers which I felt was an easy comfortable task for me. Later in the week, we hosted a sports day which was very eventful. Both my team and our community partner enjoyed it. I really loved working with the disabled adults and felt very rewarded afterwards
Extra things I took part in:
STEM potential programme at imperial university of London (2018-2019)
- Was able to exercise my love of science and maths
- Met and talked to new people
- Learnt many new things e.g. alchemy.
Maths summer school at Queen Mary university of London (2019)
- Learnt about game theory, gaming, finance.
- Had a group project on the maths of gaming. I found myself to be very sensible in this project, assigning roles to everyone and ensuring we were efficient in completing it.
GCSE – Lister community school 2014-2019
- Grade 9s (A**) in religious studies and chemistry
- Grade 8 (A*) in history
- Grade 7s (A) in biology, physics, mathematics and English language
- Grade 6s (B) in English literature and dance
- Grade 5 (C) in French
- Grade point average of 7.1
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|