The focus of my tuition is examination technique. Learn what the examiners are looking for and you'll get better grades. Backing up learning with exam questions from past papers is essential.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Chemistry A-level (AS & A2)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
B.Sc(Hons) Chemistry, Nottingham University
- How much do you charge?
Fees £35 per hour for one-to-one tuition
- Where do you teach?
I live in 'The London borough of Sutton' and the Surrey area
I teach from home - but can travel if it is very local(walking distance)
nearby towns are:-
Sutton, Cheam, Wallington Epsom Carshalton Ewell Reigate Redhill Kingswood Croydon Worcester Park Morden
- When are you available?
any time, subject to availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach A-level (AS & A2) for all examining boards
AQA, edexcel & OCR & Salters
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Do you have a personal message for students?
A lot of students complain that although you understand what is being taught in class, when you look at exam questions, you cannot see what you are being asked to do! I will explain how to link these 2 things together. So come and let me improve your grades
- What kind of experience do you have?
12 years private tutoring experience. Extensive experience of tutoring on a one-to-one
basis with consistent excellent results
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained in Nottingham at college after I obtained my degree
I taught in Nottingham for 10 years
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
One of my current students came to me while he was doing his first year A-level, and had just scored 29% in his mock exam. After tutoring with me, he obtained an A grade. This was due in main to him understanding exam technique, as well as understanding the chemistry.
• BSc(Hons) Chemistry
• valid CRB certificate
chemistry lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£35||£35||Not available|