I approach each topic by pin pointing areas of study in which the student may have troubles with, continue to read around this topic, then work through examples together. After having done this I like to let the student individually work through some examples to test if the knowledge is beginning to stick. I am very adaptable and a quick learner so will be happy and able to change methods and work around the way in which my student would prefer to learn in.
Attaining 8 A* grades at GCSE, as well as AAB in Maths, English and Economics A-level respectively, I have experience mentoring a year 8 pupil with their on going project throughout the year as well as tutoring in GCSE level and below.
I am a highly motivated and hardworking individual, who has recently completed my A levels, having studied English, Maths and Economics and attaining AAB respectively, seeking to gain experience through working in an educational environment in any capacity.
• Advanced problem solving and numeracy skills
• Accomplished communication skills, both written and verbal, developed through numerous essays and presentations given during my time at school
• Ability to take the initiative and work well under pressure, ensuring strict deadlines are met.
• Flexibility, whilst maintaining enthusiasm and commitment to each project
• Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office, including Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
HAILEYBURY COLLEGE (2014 – 2020)
• English – A
• Maths – A
• Economics– B
10 GCSEs, grade 9-6, including English Literature and Language (9) Maths (A*) and Triple Science (A*A*A*) and French (B)
• Mentored a year 8 pupil with project on past, present and future presentation on electronic music.
• Volunteered at Playground theatre, serving and distributing food to the homeless during COVID-19 lockdown.
• Assisted with after school programme at Rugby Portobello Trust.
• Everest Base Camp (2018) - organising logistics and motivating our team to complete this challenging twelve days.
• Attended Young Lawyers programme at UCL. Learnt the different roles of different lawyers.
• LAMDA – Grade 2 with distinction and up to grade 7 with a pass and above, gaining communication skills and strengthened confidence.
• AMEB Trumpet Examinations up to grade 5.
• Played trumpet in the school Jazz Band for the opening of the MUN conference.
Santander (unpaid work experience) (April 2019)
• Shadowed chief of staff, observing their day-to-day work.
• Liaised with different people within operations team – (cyber security, head of data, risk management and innovations).
• Attended meetings including one for the bike project and innovations to do with identification.
• Experienced demos of both NEOCRM and a new identification application.
• Gained knowledge of the IT department and different software used within the company by spending the day at the Milton Keynes office.
• Spent a day working in the branch experiencing the management of different risks and helped with transactions such as cash withdrawals and deposits. Listened to client complaints and understood the company’s best practice when responding.
References are available on request.
Eva is hardworking as well as being extremely patient and helpful. She adapted her teaching style easily to the way in which I find best to learn.
academic tutoring lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest afterschool pick-up & baby-sitting lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, early years education lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|