I believe in the direct method of learning French, avoiding communicating in English whenever possible, and using explanations instead of direct translation when learning new vocab if doable. I think this is the most natural form of language-learning and is the way I improved my own French proficiency.
I am an A level student studying French, Geography, and Mathematics. I received grade 9, 7, and 9 in these subjects at A level (A**, A, A** old grades) and A, A*, A* in my first year college exams. I have taken a two week language course at the Institut Linguistique Adenat and a one week course at Alliance Française, both language schools in the south of France. Next year, I am starting a Bachelors Degree in French at the University of Leeds. I have been tutoring KS3 maths for almost a year and am looking for online tutoring as I have lost all work due to Coronavirus Quarantine. I can provide a maths tutoring reference if desired.
Having recently finished my second year of college in BHASVIC after achieving two A*s and an A in my end of first year exams in French, Geography, and Maths. In the summer after my GCSEs I spent two weeks doing a language course in the south of France, staying with a local family. I returned to the same city with my college to further increase my French proficiency. Geography, especially relating to people and cultures, has always interested me as I love travelling and experiencing new things. Next academic year I am starting my Bachelors of Science in French at the University of Leeds.
• French language knowledge (near-fluency)
• Stage and film/television acting
• Computing literacy - able to use Excel, Word etc., troubleshoot PC’s
• Mathematics skills – problem solving, algebra, data handling etc.
• ABRSM Saxophone Grades 2-5
Blatchington Mill School (2013-2018)
Qualification name-Level-Date taken-Grade
Maths-GCSE-May 2018-9 / A**
English Literature-GCSE-May 2018-6 / B
English Language-GCSE-June 2018-6 / B
Physics-GCSE-May/June 2018-7 / A
Biology-GCSE-May/June 2018-8 / A*
Chemistry-GCSE-May/June 2018-7 / A
French-GCSE May 2018-9 / A**
Geography-GCSE May/June 2018-7 / A
Brighton and Hove Sixth Form College [BHASVIC] (2018-2020)
Qualification name-Level-Date taken-Expected Grade
Single Maths-A Level-2020-A*
Actor for Young Actors’ Agency (2013-2019)
• Film and TV acting including
- Halfords television advertisement ‘Freewheeling’ (2015)
- Mashable Tesco Mobile online advert ‘Mobile Independence’ (2017)
- Barnardo’s television and online charity advertisement ‘LOST’ (2018)
- Vodafone online advertisement (2018)
Pickle’s sandwich shop (September 2018-December 2019)
• Taking phone calls and handling orders
• Billing customers and till work
• Kitchen work including washing up and preparing food and drinks
Childminding (November 2018-present)
Maths tutoring – (May 2019-present)
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£10|