I love to teach the violin and piano to students of all ages. My priority in lessons is that the student has fun learning their instrument.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Diploma in Performance (2012), Trinity Music Conservatoire
- MA in Musical Performance (2010), Sheffield University
- BA in Music (2009), Sheffield University
- LRSM on Violin (2011), ABRSM
- Grade 8 Violin (2004), ABRSM
- Grade 8 Piano (2004), ABRSM
- How much do you charge?
I charge half price for the first lesson with any student. This gives them a chance to get to know me before deciding whether to continue lessons.
- £35 for an hour
- £27 for 45 minutes
- £18 for 30 minutes
* additional £5 for any travel required
- Where do you teach?
- I teach from my home in Crystal Palace. There is available free parking on the street
- I teach in student homes near to where I live, including Dulwich and West Norwood
- When are you available?
My timetable is flexible and I can teach during the week and on Saturday
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- All ages are welcome
- I teach from beginner to advanced level on violin, grades 1-8
- I teach from beginner to intermediate level on piano, grades 1-5
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM practical exams
- Trinity College practical exams
- Youth orchestra auditions
- University/college undergraduate auditions
Liam is one of our best tutors. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Since 2009 I've been teaching the violin and piano
- I teach daily. This includes private tuition, peripatetic work at local primary schools, and music lessons with Merton Music Service
- I teach an age range of 5-40+ years of age
- I provide piano accompaniment for violin students during ABRSM exams
- I have a 100% pass rate in student exams
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have a valid 3 year DBS check
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Sheffield University (2006-10): Robin Ireland and Peter Cropper
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance (2010-2012): Diane Cummings, Dona Lee Croft, Clare Thompson
- Since graduation (2012 onwards): Clare Thompson
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of the ISM (Incorporated Society and Musicians) and can be found as a teacher on their database
• BA in Music and MA in Musical Performance (Sheffield University). Diploma in Performance (Trinity Music Conservatoire)
• LRSM Violin. Grade 8 Violin. Grade 8 Piano
• Valid DBS check
• Incorporated Society of Musicians
Liam Hindson has been giving violin lessons to my two children and I am delighted with their progress. The older one has just started preparing for her Grade 1. Liam is very passionate about music and transmits his love of music to the children, who love working with him and describe him as 'funny and a very nice teacher who explains well'. Liam supports and fosters their budding talents and adapts his teaching to their ability. Liam is a serious, quietly enthusiastic, methodical and hard working teacher.
Liam is an exceptional violin teacher. He has a wonderful command of the violin and an ability to teach as well as play fantastically. Anyone who is lucky enough to have Liam as their teacher can feel confident that they will make good and fast progress and have fun while doing it. Technical knowledge coupled with musicality makes him a great teacher for all ages.
music theory lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£35||£35||Not available|