Continuing the ethos I learned at the student success centre I taught at in New York, my goal is not just to prescribe to give clients the tools to become better writers. All lesson plans start and end with the clients desire. Be it "help with grammar" to "developing my writing voice" or to simply translate quantitative research into comprehensive publishable writing, my job is to not only teach clients how to achieve such aims, but to also develop a lesson plan the clients can use even after our tutoring session concludes.
I am an English and American Studies student who has just returned from a year abroad in New York where I both learned and had the opportunity to teach as a composition instructor. From medical and Law journals, to Computer science reviews, my job as a composition instructor was to tutor writing to its highest standards ensuring even the more reluctant writers were able to produce publishable work.
I must be contacted 3days in advance for a full cancellation. If client would prefer to switch from a physical meeting to an online virtual one, just a few hours notice should be fine
Valerie Zara Ben Salem (concealed information) +44(0)(concealed information)
I am a bright, friendly and articulate young person who has extensive experience in writing composition. Through my extensive work experience from corporate, such as working as a trainee lawyer assistant, to academic institutions, such as the University Library and Careers Service, I have been able to enhance my interpersonal and analytical skills such as, time management, research analysis and an excellent command of both spoken and written English. Moreover, having just returned from a year in New York where I had the privilege to not only study a range of courses including American Law, Politics and teaching writing, in my second semester I was also given a highly sought position at the Le Moyne College Student Success Centre as a composition instructor.
Whether it is composition for law journals, medical or a computer science review, I am an extremely driven and diverse writer/ editor who has extensive experience producing composition to its highest quality. As an inquisitive thinker, I am always ready to learn and adapt my pre-existing styles and qualities. That said, I am now ready for a new challenging position with an exciting company where I can utilise my existing skills and develop my abilities.
Le Moyne College Syracuse, New York. Student Success Centre: Aug 2017- June 2018
- Working alongside postgraduates as a student coordinator
- Liaising with professors and faculty heads
- Assisting with service delivery, producing students reports and recommendations
- Administering tutoring to undergrad and postgrad students
University of Leicester Library Student Strategic Planner: Sept 2016- Present
- Assisting the organisation of library projects
- Advising library team on the efficiency of library schemes
- Research student satisfaction of library events
- Organising historical archives
University of Portsmouth Careers Service Graduate Destinations: Nov 2015- June 2016
¥ Graduate Recruitment Department:
¥ Administering Telephone surveys with Alumni
¥ Setting up Appointments with Alumni
¥ Providing alumni with further information on our career services
¥ General Data Entry
¥ Assisting lead researcher with data analysis
View Point Field- Market Research Assistant- July 2016- June 2017
• Responsible for conducting customer surveys and collecting survey feedback
• Data Entry
• Using excel to organise survey feedback
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer – Temporary Trainee Assistant- May 2015- June 2015
- Using Bloomberg terminal to convert charge out rates
- Organising trainees’ paperwork at the dispute resolution department
- Sending confidential emails on behalf of trainees
IFF Research Market Research JUNE 2015- September 2016- Call centre agent
• Contacting clients on behalf of businesses and government organisations
• Answering client inquiries by clarifying desired information on government study
• Researching and locating points where clients can find further information
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS/ ACHIEVEMENTS:
University of Leicester: BA English Literature and American Studies
Le Moyne College: International study: BA Liberal Arts
reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest test prep lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking dissertation and thesis preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£12|
|5 hours||Not available||£50||£60|
|10 hours||Not available||£90||£120|