Are you considering learning Portuguese? Here are some reasons why Portuguese might be an excellent choice for you:
• Portuguese is the sixth most widely spoken language in the world with over 230 million speakers in four continents.
• The official language of eight countries: Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, East Timor, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, Portugal, and São Tome and Príncipe, Madeira and the Azores.
• Widely spoken, though not official, in parts of India, Macau, Andorra, Luxemburg, Paraguay, South Africa, and Namibia.
• The working and/or official language in important international organizations such as the African Union, the Community of Portuguese Language Countries, the European Union, the Mercosul, the Organization of American States, the Organization of Ibero-American States, and the Union of South American Nations.
• Brazil is a 21st-century economic and industrial powerhouse. It is the 6th largest economy in the world.
• Numerous scientists consider Brazil to be the country with the most important biological diversity in the world.
• You want to learn Portuguese as it's your partner's native language and you want to improve communication between you.
• I teach European Portuguese (Portugal), Brazilian Portuguese (Brazil) and African Portuguese (Angola and Mozambique)
So what are you waiting for? Come learn Portuguese with me. I can offer you one hour of Portuguese tuition completely free of charge.
Advantages of learning with me:
- Private tuition either one-on-one or in small groups
I teach one-to-one or to small groups. If you have friends or colleagues that want to learn a language with you and are at a similar level, you can study together at a discounted rate.
- Online tuition saves you time and money
Having online classes at your home or office can save you a lot of time and money, with all the comfort and practicality that you desire.
- You choose the day and time of your lessons
Private tuition is the most flexible and convenient way to learn a language. You choose the day and time that best suits your needs.
- Flexible courses
My courses are also flexible, which means you do not need to commit to a long-term course that traditional language schools provide. You can plan your learning and have classes when you want. You can reschedule your lessons if for some reason you are unable to have them. You are free to change day and time of your lessons according to your needs.
- All material included
All material is included, which is carefully selected to meet your learning needs.
- All levels and objectives covered
I teach Portuguese to all levels and objectives. From beginner to advanced, for business and travel purposes, for adults and children, for GCSE and A Level or beyond. I offer a course that teaches you what you want to learn at your own pace.
• General training: I teach how to use Portuguese in everyday situations, like introducing yourself to someone; giving personal information; going to a restaurant; asking directions; making a reservation in a hotel; using public transport, etc.
• Business: My teaching method is based on a communicative approach, focusing on achieving fluency, improving reading and listening comprehension, and expanding vocabulary. I teach the use of Portuguese in a variety of business environments, based on key skills like presenting information, taking part in meetings and videoconferences, handling telephone calls, negotiating and writing concise business letters, e-mails or reports.
• E-learning: My e-learning method is specifically designed for adults who may have limited hours available, prefer the convenience of learning online and need to improve their Portuguese language skills quickly.
• GCSE and A-level exams: I coach the student using past papers, besides writing, reading and listening exercises.
• Children and Teenagers: My lessons for children and teenagers are varied and enjoyable, with music, culture, and multimedia features to make the learning process very enjoyable and practical.
• Primary and Secondary Education, MYP (Middle Years Programme) and Diploma Curriculum at International Schools. I provide alphabetization courses and teach Portuguese as a mother tongue language at primary level. At a secondary level, I teach Portuguese Language and Literature according to the IB curriculum.
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO ONE TRIAL LESSON FREE OF CHARGE
Tutor Camila Miranda
Graduated in Teaching Portuguese Language and Literature, History and English Language.
Experienced and Native Portuguese Tutor
Telephone and WhatsApp: +(concealed information)
Lessons available in EAST LONDON:
Aldgate, Barking, Beckton, Bermondsey, Bethnal Green, Bow, Brick Lane, Canada Water, Canary Wharf, Canning Town, Chadwell Heath, Chingford, Dagenham, Dalston, Docklands, East Ham, Forest Gate, Gants Hill, Hackney, Hornchurch, Hoxton, Ilford, Isle of Dogs, Leyton, Leytonstone, Lime House, Liverpool Street, London Bridge, Manor Park, Mile End, Newham, Old Street, Plaistow, Poplar, Rainham, Redbridge, Romford, Shoreditch, Southwark, Stoke Newington, Stratford, Surrey Quays, Tower Bridge, Tower Hamlets, Upminster, Upton Park, Victoria Park, Walthamstow, Wanstead, Whitechapel, Woodford Green, Woodford.
Lessons available in CENTRAL LONDON:
Angel, Bayswater, Camden, Chelsea, City of London, Earls Court, Elephant and Castle, Fulham, Hammersmith, Hampstead, Holborn, Holloway, Hyde Park, Islington, Kennington, Kensington, Kentish Town, Kilburn, Kings Cross, Ladbroke Grove, Lambeth, Maida Vale, Marylebone, Notting Hill, Oval, Paddington, Queens Park, Shepherds Bush, South Kensington, Southwark, St Johns Wood, Swiss Cottage, Vauxhall, Victoria, Waterloo, West End, West Hampstead, Westminster.
Lessons available in NORTH LONDON:
Angel, Archway, Barnet, Camden Town, Camden, Crouch End, Dalston, East Finchley, Finsbury Park, Hackney, Haringey, Highbury, Highgate, Holloway, Hornsey, Hoxton, Hyde Park, Islington, Kentish Town, Kings Cross, Liverpool Street, Manor House, Muswell Hill, North Finchley, Old Street, Palmers Green, Seven Sisters, Shoreditch, Southgate, Stoke Newington, Tottenham, Turnpike Lane, Wood Green.
Lessons available in WEST LONDON:
Acton, Barnes, Brentford, Chiswick, Ealing Broadway, Ealing, Greenford, Hanwell, Hayes, Heathrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Isleworth, Northholt, Richmond, Southall, Uxbridge, West Drayton, West Ealing.
Lessons available in SOUTH WEST LONDON:
Balham, Battersea, Brixton, Camberwell, Chelsea, Clapham, Colliers Wood, Coulsdon, Croydon, Elephant & Castle, Feltham, Fulham, Hammersmith, Heathrow, Hounslow, Hyde Park, Isleworth, Kennington, Kingston, Lambeth, Mitcham, New Malden, Oval, Purley, Putney, Raynes Park, Richmond, Southfields, Southwark, Stockwell, Streatham, Sutton, Tooting, Vauxhall, Wandsworth, Wimbledon.
Lessons available in SOUTH EAST LONDON:
Bermondsey, Bexley, Bexleyheath, Brixton, Bromley, Camberwell, Canada Water, Canary Wharf, Catford, Charlton, Croydon, Crystal Palace, Dockland, Eltham. Greenwich, Isle of Dogs, Kennington, Lambeth, Lewisham, London Bridge, Norwood, Orpington, Oval, Poplar, Purley, Sidcup, Southwark, Streatham, Surrey Quays.
I work as a Portuguese teacher privately and for several language schools, having experience with one-to-one and group lessons; beginners, intermediate, advanced and proficiency levels, present tuition and online tuition via Skype; teaching children from the age of 2; preparation for GCSE and A-level exams (OCR board); MYP and Diploma curriculum; general training and Portuguese for business purposes.
CAMILA LIMA MIRANDA
Degree in Portuguese Language and Literature Ongoing since August 2015
UNIGRAN (Universidade da Grande Dourados), London, UK.
Main topics studied include Latin and Portuguese language, linguistic studies, Brazilian and Portuguese Literature, Educational Policies, Sign Language and Literature for children and adolescents.
Degree in History with Teaching Certificate February 2004 to December 2006 Universidade Veiga de Almeida, Rio de Janeiro – Brazil.
Main topics studied include Brazilian history, history of the Americas, modern and contemporary history and educational psychology. One (1) year internship taken at secondary school in 2006, where duties included lesson planning and assistance.
Native Portuguese, Fluent English (IELTS proficiency certificate), Intermediate Spanish.
MS Office –Advanced Word. Intermediate PowerPoint and Excel. 70 w/ per minute typing speed.
Portuguese Language Teacher July 2012 to the present
Teaching Experience in UK:
I taught Portuguese Language and Literature at the International School of London (Surrey branch) from EC1 to Grade 9. Previously, I taught Diploma level (11 and 12) at Box Hill School, Surrey. Both are IB schools.
I also provide Portuguese lessons for General Training, Business, GCSE, A-Level and Proficiency Certificate purposes. I teach children, teenagers and adults.
I have experience with one-to-one and group lessons; beginners, intermediate, advanced and proficiency levels, present tuition and online tuition via Skype and E-langua platform; teaching children from the age of 2; general training and languages for business purposes. I am also a GCSE and A-level examiner.
I have a CRB and DBS checks, UTR document and a valid visa to live and work full time in the UK. I did a 3-month training course for teachers at SLAS (Society for Latin American Studies) in 2012.
1. International School of London September 2015 to August 2017
I taught Portuguese Language and Literature to EC and grades 1, 2, 7, 8 and 9. I provided alphabetization courses and taught Portuguese as a mother tongue language at primary level. At a secondary level, I taught Portuguese Language and Literature according to the IB curriculum. I also taught students how to make short films, plays and graphic novels. I also provided Brazilian dance lessons and sports. I was also part of the after school club team, providing tennis table lessons, independent study supervision for the Secondary School and day care for the Primary School.
2. Box Hill School October 2014 to August 2017
From October 2014 to May 2016 I provided Brazilian and Portuguese Literature lessons to secondary students, covering Colonial period, romanticism, realism, pre-modernism, modernism, postmodernism, regionalism and contemporary Literature. I also conducted Portuguese GCSE exams.
3. Languages for You July 2012 to August 2017
I provided language tuition through London and the surrounding counties. I taught their students in companies, secondary schools and homes.
4. Global LT July 2012 to present
I currently provide online tuition for students in many different countries and from different nationalities via E-langua software platform. I also provided present one-to-one Portuguese tuition for students in UK up to 2017.
Self-employed private tutor June 2012 to present
Teaching Approach: GCSE and A-level exams: I coach the student using past papers, besides writing, reading and listening exercises. Children and Teenagers: My lessons for children and teenagers are varied and enjoyable, with music, culture, and multimedia features to make the learning process more enjoyable and practical. General training: I teach how to use Portuguese in everyday situations, like introducing yourself to someone; giving personal information; going to a restaurant; asking directions; making a reservation in a hotel; using public transport, etc. Business: My teaching method is based on a communicative approach, focusing on achieving fluency, improving reading and listening comprehension and expanding vocabulary. E-learning: My e-learning method is specifically designed for adults who may have limited hours available, preferring the convenience of learning online and needing to improve their language skills quickly.
Self-employed academic researcher March 2008 to August 2017
I worked as an academic researcher for individual clients in business, marketing, medical and legal fields. Extensive experience in strategic marketing plans, which includes developing company image, products and services offered, target markets, competitor profiles and distribution, management styles, goals and objectives, market analysis, S.W.O.T. analysis, pricing strategies etc. Business plan development including company goals and objectives, values and vision, internal and external business environment analysis, strategic positioning and strategies, operational costs and financial plans, products and services offered, organizational structure, legal status, opportunities, market segmentation and research.
Private tutor February 2004 to March 2008
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro State, Brazil
I taught English, History, Portuguese, and other subjects tutor to primary and secondary students.
Perfect! Camila was very welcoming friendly and a great teacher.
brazilian portuguese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest portuguese lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - portuguese lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - portuguese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|