I know firsthand that exam preparation and school work are stressful, but also that they are incredibly exciting opportunities to help you get to where you want to go in your career and academic endeavors. I’ve applied and gotten accepted to top-tier US colleges, UK and French universities, competitive jobs, leadership programs and premier graduate institutions. Every experience has convinced me that the difference comes from being authentic and exercising critical thought. It's not about what you know or don't know, it's about how you approach thinking through challenges.
Wherever you set your hopes, we’ll prepare you as someone who can think through wide-ranging questions with a critical approach and authentic voice. qualified and genuine candidate who will make exceptional use of the opportunities you pursue. My goal is for you to be able to respond to questions with confidence that comes not from subject-mater expertise, but from your ability to think critically about wide-ranging issues, and to communicate that logic in your authentic voice.
This is achieved through on-going sessions that are structured as free-flowing conversations around broad themes. I provide guidance in readings and material to cover, but rely on you to set the focus of the sessions based on your interests and development areas. The sessions move from exploring case-studies that represent historical and political themes, to working through how you would answer specific prompts.
I am an Austrian native with socialized American enthusiasm (and volume). I have focused my life around two goals as a result: overcoming an unpronounceable nickname and understanding the institutions that shape quality of life and how their design and impact have changed in the digital age.
My path includes studying International Relations in Scotland and Paris, building mobile-phone charging stations for Refugee camps in Greece, growing a Student-think tank network in the UK, playing Lacrosse for the Austrian National Team in the World Cup and European Championships, and teaching Yoga (less “Om” more “Oomph”). Before Oxford, I worked in San Francisco as part of LinkedIn's leadership program. I learned how technology promotes access to economic opportunity and saw the underbelly of innovation. I empowered the voices of those left behind in Silicon Valley as a local activist, inner-city youth coach, and relationship abuse educator.
I'm at Oxford to learn how to do my part to realize a practice of innovation that empowers all rather than enriches few. Along the way, I want to continue to empower students to understand the world around them and reach their academic goals.
(A) Rates are flexible to accommodate personal academic processes and variations in session types. For example, if sessions are in preparation for a specific exam/deadline, or if these are to enhance general comprehension, or if you'd prefer to mix in virtual sessions. Please contact me regarding rates for your situation.
(B) 24-hour Cancellation Policy. No refunds.
San Francisco | Vienna | London | New York | LinkedIn
University of Oxford, UK, 2019 – 2021
• MPhil, International Development Studies.
The University of Edinburgh, UK, 2013 – 2017
• B.A., International Relations: First Class Honours. Sciences Po (Paris) Exchange. Mention Cum Laude. GPA: 3.9.
• The Principal’s Award 2017 – awarded to Project Elpis for Service to the Community.
• The Edinburgh Award in Social Innovation 2015 – honoured in recognition of founding the Buchanan Institute student think tank.
LinkedIn, Employee Advocacy Consultant, San Francisco, May 2018–June 2019
• Client-facing sales development representative first piloting international role, then running enterprise outbound section and building out mid-market territory. Consistently overachieving quota by at least 110%.
• Responsible for identifying and prioritizing target industries, organizations and personas as well as crafting tailored outreach templates and touch-patterns. Consulted Fortune 500 CXOs on content strategy to build brand reputation.
• Steered monthly partnership with marketing to improve lead quality and volume via monthly feedback report. Launched Higher-ed targeting and messaging strategy that helped team hit over 200% of plan.
• Working with leadership, product and marketing to influence revenue performance and market position in competitive situations.
LinkedIn, Business Leadership Program, San Francisco, Oct.2017 – May 2018
• Selected for prestigious leadership program focused on nurturing high-potential employees via rotations in Talent Acquisition, Data Driven Storytelling training and Customer Support. Honed persuasive storytelling and customer service.
• Research partner for Economic Graph team: authored ‘Future of Work’ report for World Bank data partnership.
• Global Lead of Employee Impact group focused on Refugee cause: managed partnerships with IRC and Upwardly Global, ran volunteer events, awareness campaigns, and consulted with LinkedIn for Good on workshop content.
Atos, Employee Engagement Intern, London, Summer 2016
• Drove CSR with main charity partner. Curated outreach method that quadrupled participation rate and set £5k fundraising record.
• Spearheaded launch of Diversity Networks. Reviewed policies and training plans to develop business values and external communication strategy to strengthen brand reputation.
LinkedIn Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, Global Program Lead, Jan. 2019 - June 2019
• Building community around new employee diversity group for people of underrepresented cultures, nationalities and ethnicities.
• Designing ally training programs, mentorship schemes, e-learning paths and storytelling event series.
LinkedIn Refugee Tiger Team, Global Program Lead, January 2017 – 2019
• Lead global initiatives focused on ensuring LinkedIn’s products and engagement opportunities support displaced peoples.
• Manage non-profit partnerships with International Rescue Committee, Upwardly Global & World Relief. Run training sessions for workforce development, craft campaigns for fundraising, volunteering and speaker events including hosting David Miliband.
• Consultant for LinkedIn Social Impact team: assess program impact, participation, and evaluate and translate workshop content.
Full Circle Fund, Rising Leaders Program, San Francisco, Jan.2018 - June 2019
• Selected to two-year program that blends social impact projects & training to help participants become comminty changemakers.
Project Elpís, Marketing and External Relations Director, Edinburgh, 2016 – 2017
• Clinton Global Initiative finalists & UNHCR partners, Elpis is a humanitarian aid startup providing internet to refugee camps so those displaced can connect to vital travel, legal and healthcare information as well as their loved ones.
• Led research to assess community impact in camps; designed qualitative framework and collected fieldwork testimonials.
• Drove outreach: TEDx speaker, steered partnership to craft university climate strategy, secured coverage by Reuters and BBC.
The Buchanan Institute, Co-Founder and Vice President, Edinburgh, 2014 – 2016
• Established engagement strategy for student-led think tank; drove engagement to secure University support, student participation, global partnerships and national conferences. Awarded Society of the Year & Social Innovation.
OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS AND SKILLS
• Fluency in German and English, proficient French, basic Spanish • National Team Athlete, Women’s Lacrosse (World Cup & European Championships, 2013-2019) • Mentorship • Program design • Youth empowerment • Public speaking
politics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geopolitics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anthropology lessons for all!
Taking digital communication lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£17|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||£85|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£170|