I am a qualified translator (Mandarin/English) with years of experience in Mandarin teaching. I am good at working with kids and inspiring them to learn while playing.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Mandarin Chinese and traditional Chinese instrument (Chinese lute)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
MA in Theory and Practice of Tanslation (SOAS, University of London)
7 Level in Chinese Lute
- How much do you charge?
£30/hr, Zone 1-2 including travel expense.
Online lessons are available.
- Where do you teach?
Preferably Central London, but it's flexible. Please give me a text/call for further details.
Online lessons are also available.
- When are you available?
Monday to Friday evenings (6pm onwords) and weekends
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Mandarin Chinese: age 4 and above. All levels.
Chinese Lute: age 12 and above depending on the level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Depending on students' request.
Mandarin HSK exams
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Online tutoring time is weekday evenings and weekends via Skype or other online tools.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Mandarin is an useful skill to have. The sooner you start learning, the better you will progress.
Chinese Lute is a classic traditional instrument in China with beautiful sound.
- What kind of experience do you have?
As a professional translator, I have been giving Mandarin lessons to children (age 4-8) and adults.
I am also a Chinese lute teacher and an active Chinese lute performer.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London
Music schools in China
- Tell me about some of your current students.
My current language students are children from age 4-7 and adults. Some of them have Chinese family background, but some of them do not. No matter what level they are, they seem to enjoy my lesson very much. I will make sure they do well in school and develop more interest in Mandarin learning.
My current music students are teenagers age 12 and above.
• BA in English Language and Culture
• MA in Theory and Practice of Translation, SOAS, University of London
tin whistle lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|