Brought up speaking both English and German, I developed an in-depth understanding of the languages and cultures of both countries. I am also fluent in Spanish and Italian and have an intermediate level of French, having worked and studied abroad.
Passing on my knowledge and showing the pupil that learning a language is not just about vocabulary and grammar, but about culture and communication, is very fulfilling. I also enjoy thinking of new ways of approaching problems and I know through experience that it is vital to adapt the teaching method to every student’s individual needs.
Cost of travel depends on location
Before and all throughout my studies, I worked part-time as a tutor with students of all ages up to degree level. I have also undertaken residential placements where I concentrated on teaching English as a foreign language and have worked at Ashdown House as a SEN support teacher.
In Italy, I tutored Erasmus students at Forlì University to help them with their A2 Italian test. On return I obtained my Italian Language CILS (C1).
I have taught English as a foreign language in Germany and German from beginners to degree level in the UK.
• 2012 – 2013 Brunel University London, MA International Journalism
• 2007 – 2011 Universität Mainz, BA Linguistics, Culture and Translation
• 2009 Universitat Pompeu Fabra de Barcelona: academic year abroad
• 2007 A-Levels in Germany: History (A), German (A), English (A), among the best 5%
• 2007 – present: tutoring work
Tutoring children and adults in German, English, Spanish and Italian
• Summer 2014: SEN assistant teacher Ashdown House
Assisting a hard-of-hearing student in class, providing additional EFL classes
• February 2011 – present: IFF agence conseil en traductions
Proofreading, editing and translating articles for various magazines
• April 2014: BCDO English school
Volunteering as an English teacher at a school in Cambodia
• October 2014: Uxbridge Gazette
Shooting and editing videos for the local newspaper’s website
• November 2011 – June 2012: Gruner+Jahr
6 month internship in Europe’s largest publishing house, writing for a lifestyle magazine
• January – April 2008: AuPair in Oviedo, Spain
Working as an AuPair for a Spanish family, teaching the children German and English
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - german lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - german lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - german lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|