I am a A-level student teaching kids from Year 1 to Year 10. I love teaching younger kids and build a good rapport with them. I also provide exam/interview practice skills from a state and private school background. I like to have fun, enjoyable lessons whilst ensuring that the objectives for the lesson are covered with an adequate amount of follow up work set with an expectation for it to be completed. My moto is, if your having fun, the time flies! Although, work can be challenging and boring for kids I try and incorporate key skills, and material in fun interactive ways of learning!
I have been giving lessons for 4 years now from ages 3-14. In this time I have taught classes of 6-9 to one-to one tuition. I managed to get a my 4 11+ students last year into their first choice secondary school.
I am a very enthusiastic, extremely hard-working and outgoing person who is ready to take on challenges and work hard to achieve my goals. I believe anything is possible if you set your mind to it. I am also highly motivated, reliable and keep calm under pressure and stressful situations. I have a positive outlook to work and life. Furthermore, I enjoy to multi task and share new ideas as well as take risks. I’m a confident communicator and works well as part of a team. With my strong interpersonal skills, I can interact with a variety of different people. I also enjoy to work as a versatile individual, and can learn new tasks rather quickly.
Sep ’16 – Present Dulwich College, Southwark
A level AS Level
• Math’s with Statistics • Politics
• Economics • Mathematics (C1,C2,S1)
Sep ’14 – Jun ‘16 Dulwich College, Southwark
• Math’s (A*) • Biology (A)
• English Literature (A*)
• French (A*)
• English Language (A)
• Religion and Theology (A) • Chemistry (A*)
• Physics (A*)
• Geography (A)
• German (A)
2015 Chartered Institute of Linguistics post-IGCSE certificate in French
2015 Institute of Administrative Management ITQ Level 2 Award (equivalent to GCSE) in ICT.
Jul ’16- Nov ‘16 Kumon Centre Tooting: Teaching Assistant (Paid 2 x per week, evenings)
• Assist Head Teacher with weekly preparation of student study packs. This involves assessing each students level and progress for the previous week’s work.
• Assist students during class with math’s and English worksheets as well as marking and grading later.
Aug ‘16 – Aug ’16 JLT Group Services, London, ((Non-paid 22nd August – 26th August)
• One week’s placement in the Property Service and Engineering departments.
• Assisted the maintenance department in creating spreadsheets with asset codes and allocating meeting rooms and create records of each staff to allocated offices.
Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd. Dubai (Non-paid 17th August – 19th August)
• An excellent opportunity to meet members of the Representative Office of the 3rd best private swiss bank. Participated in a workshop and a question and answer session with head members of all departments including and not limited to sales, finance, admin, HR and many more.
• Observed a meeting between the bank and client (R E Lee insurance company)
Boyds, Tooting Bec September 2015 - December 2015 (3 days a week) (PAID)
I worked at a technology and appliances store in Tooting called Boyds, where I learnt many new skills. I learnt how crucial it is to be patient when dealing with customers and how much you need to be efficient but thorough when dealing with customers. Furthermore, I assisted the owner of the business in secretarial purpose such as sending emails, reminders for meeting for clients and organizing paperwork.
Contact: Mr Abbobaker Gani Telephone: (concealed information)9
Email: (concealed information)
Deul, June 2015 -August 2015(Saturday and Sundays)
I worked at a clothing store in Tooting specializing in male and female clothing as well as school uniform for children. Although, not a major high street store, I still learnt the fundamentals to a business and how to serve customers in a creative and responsible manner. My main responsibilities were stacking shelves, serving/assisting customers.
Contact: Mrs Mumtaz Juma Telephone: (concealed information)1
• Proficient in using the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel. Access and PowerPoint) to analyse and present.
Achievements, Interests and Activities
• Appointed as a junior Union prefect to assist the running of different societies within the college.
• Currently an active member of the Memon Community Hall in Balham, and participated in fund raising events (Syria Appeal) and social education.
• Assisted children with their reading sessions who find reading difficult at City Heights Academy
• Assisted toddlers to develop and communicate basic skills in literacy and numeracy at Ducks Infant School
• Organized several charity events involving different year groups. An example is a Charity Football Event for Year 9’s
• IFS Investor Challenge – Stock Trading Competition
• Young Enterprise Business Competition
• Studied in an evening Islamic School and was appointed a Prefect.
• Passionate about aviation and Flight simulation programs
• Love to travel and explore different cultures and languages. (Would love to learn Arabic and more about Middle Eastern Culture.)
• Have a profound interest in politics, finance and international business.
References: Available upon request
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|