Every student has a programme that is built just for them. They concentrate on getting to grips with topics that they are covering in school whilst also working on a parallel thread that is put together to fill any gaps that may exist in their core skills.
* The MagiKats programme supports the National Curriculum.
* More than tutor 'hot-housing' and more than learning by rote.
* Classes are held all year round.
* MagiKats weekly workshops provide an instant boost.
* Core work (usually completed at home) provides steady consolidation.
* Students use a variety of hands-on resources to enhance their understanding.
* MagiKats' students use a multi-sensory approach to learning.
* KidiKats Programme (ages 3–5) is a combined Numeracy and Literacy programme.
* Special support available for SATS, GCSE revision, 11+ and common entrance.
* Summer booster programmes are also available.
- Ages and Levels Covered
Extension, support and consolidation from early years to GCSE, in age appropriate groups. MagiKats workshops are designed for students up to age 16. Adults can arrange individual lessons so please give us a call to discuss your needs.
- Opening Times
Saturdays 10:15am - 11:40pm.
Single subject students enrol for one workshop, dual subject students attend two workshops.
- Tuition Fees
Fees vary depending on the range of subjects studied, please call for details.
- Centre Director(s)
Lorraine Stephens - MagiKats Principal and Steve Stephens - Specialist teacher and Assessor.
My students attend once a week and study either maths or English, or both subjects. My staff and I take great care to welcome the students and to ensure that they work very hard but also enjoy being with us.
Our groups are small and my staff well-trained with understanding of the needs of each student. We work in small groups so that we can respond to each student with appropriate help and encouragement. Our goal is for each student to become confident with maths and English but most of our students go on to excel in these important subjects. Our workshops set the students challenges they can achieve and their individually prepared homework allows them to practise at home, further increasing their fluency and confidence.
Brandon workshops are held at St Andrew's Church Hall, Carr Avenue, Brandon, Durham, DH7 8QE.
The Durham centres offer friendly, welcoming and productive environments: students get an individual approach, working in small groups, taught by a mentor. Visit the website to see a video of a workshop in action.
• Providing local tuition since the 1990's, proud to offer long term extension and support work from pre-school to GCSE. Students build confidence and skills whilst earning stamps, prizes and awards.
• See our website for more details, testimonials and video of a workshop! Fully trained and experienced staff. Special programmes available over the summer and for exam preparation up to and including GCSE.
• Full clearance held by all staff, fully insured.
• Written by UK teachers in support of the full UK curriculum, programmes for each individual student.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking 13 plus lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|