Initially, I assimilate the learners current level, then I aim to challenge them with a problem at their level (such as a situation where an algorithm needs to be designed), the learner will then be guided through the problem, highlighting key issues and contextual items to be understood.
Where the learner is unsure of a particular concept, I will adapt the workflow to focus on that key area, developing their understanding, then revisiting the problem.
I have finished A-Levels; Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science with high outcomes.
Awarded A** in Physics, A** in Computer Science and A in Mathematics for GCSEs.
I am willing to help any learner at any level in Computer Science/ Physics and Mathematics related fields.
Experienced tutor; providing professional tutoring with other students at School, advancing their learning.
Long Career in Air Cadets; advancing teaching style.
DBS Background Checked- Specialising in teaching younger students (Y7 to Y13 Ages).
• I am extremely interested in technology. As a prefect and student leader at Penistone Grammar, I managed an incredibly successful IT committee as chairman with strong leadership, this provided me with many opportunities such as presenting to the governors where gave valuable ideas on how technology can be utilized effectively in the classroom while heading the development of the schools virtual learning environment.
• For my A-Level Computer Science coursework, I explored the complex neural network algorithms allowing an autonomous car to function. Such a complicated topic combines my deep knowledge of computer science and eagerness into an application system which was a testament to my problem-solving skills.
• For five years, I devoted much of my time as an Air Cadet in the Royal Air Force, which transformed me into a confident and disciplined Staff Cadet Sergeant. I excelled through the ranks to the most senior cadet officer in my squadron. During contact time with cadets, I conducted myself professionally, exercising my authority.
• My graduation from the ‘Cadet Cyber Course’ authorised me to train cadets and staff with my own infusion of technical computer science such as my most recent presentation where I gave a lecture on the fundamentals of a computer system exploring hardware, software and quantum computers. These presentations lead to more cadets enrolling into the cyber course.
• I graduated from the Air Cadet Leadership Course in July 2019 as the Parade Commander. Throughout seven gruelling days, I was pushed to my limit, receiving intensive training such as sophisticated theoretical approaches to leadership. I exercised these new skills in command training, where I led a group of cadets to carry tasks out successfully. During my training, I achieved 2 BTEC diplomas, one of which was aviation studies. I am fascinated by aviation and have completed five air experience flying courses allowing me to fly the Grob Tutor aircraft.
• As the director for a school promotional video which demanded an advanced knowledge of media production and drone control skills, I developed my managerial skills further. Since the video was endorsed by my previous headteacher, it is actively used for numerous promotional events.
• During my free time, I enjoy collaborating with staff at my previous school; supporting them in their English and Computer Science classes.
• To stretch my technical knowledge of computer science, I volunteer with assisting a teacher of a computer science class on a weekly basis. I often discuss important topics such as artificial intelligence and privacy with the whole group while developing their programming skills. I enjoy inspiring young students with the advancements of technology. I take great pride in producing interactive presentations and conveying information which shapes their interest and future
Perfect! Robin was fantastic, very friendly and explained coding processes in a simplistic and fun way.
Perfect! Excellent knowledge, skills and teaching style.
Perfect! Robin is very bright and very patient, taking time to explain the intricacies of neural networks with a pace that matches my understanding smoothly. I can tell that he puts a lot of work into each tutorial which always makes everything clear and easy, and which I appreciate greatly. For someone wanting to get started coding with machine learning and neural networks I would definitely recommend taking lessons with Robin.
In my experience with robin he has conveyed the information well whilst still making it fun
Before being tutored my Robin, I was at a grade E in maths and I had no chance of passing. I had Robin once a week and he helped me in my weakest areas which brought my grade up to a grade C in my GCSE. I could not have got this grade without him. He is also very friendly and makes you feel at ease when studying with him. His tuition really is worth every penny. Thank you Robin!
computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer programming lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, HTML lessons for all!
Taking python lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|