I've worked with a wide range of students, from primary school to university. I've also worked with children from disadvantaged backgrounds. I understand that each lesson needs to be tailored to each unique student, as we all learn differently.
I believe in learning by doing. I will work hard with the students, making sure they fully understand the topic and can do the questions without my help by the end of our time. I also understand exam technique, so will spend time on presentation and layout of answers in order to maximize method marks. For A-Level students I can help with the use of graphical calculators.
I am happy to go through past papers or prepare my own material, depending on what is required.
I am a Statistics graduate from London, with experience as a Data Analyst. My A-Levels included both Maths and Further Maths, where I achieved top marks. I have previously worked for a in-person tutoring company, where I taught both individual and group tutoring classes in Maths, English and Science. I have worked with children aged 5 to 16 from a range of backgrounds and abilities.
I also have experience teaching psychometric tests, usually used for employment interviews. I can help with Maths tests and non-verbal reasoning logic tests.
I am a graduate from the London School of Economics where I studied Statistics with Finance. I enjoy the application of statistics to the real world, and have a career in digital marketing as a Data Scientist.
*Education and Awards*
- The London School of Economics, BSc Statistics with Finance (2:1)
- A-level: Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Economics, Chemistry
- Received the Caseys award for outstanding achievement in Economics.
- Received an award for outstanding achievement for CAS (Community Action and Service) within the school community.
- GCSE: 8A*s, 4As and a Free Standing Maths Qualification (FSMQ): A
*Relevant Work Experience*
- 2+ years as a tutor for a London company, teaching Maths, Science and English to children aged 4 to 16, creating worksheets and organising group sessions for 11+ candidates as well as one-to-one sessions for GCSE Maths. I grew working relationships with students and parents and maintained rapport over time.
- Spent 6 weeks teaching primary school children how to make a game using basic computing techniques.
- Volunteered at an orphanage in Madagascar where I taught young children useful English phrases and games using my French language skills.
- Worked in an investment bank as a Risk Analyst
- Assisted multiple students at LSE with their psychometric tests for job applications.
Monika has been fantastic at tutoring my son during his GCSEs. She not only has helped with his understanding of the subject, but she has been pivotal in teaching exam technique. I cannot recommend Monika enough - any child would be lucky to receive her tutoring.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, statistics lessons for all!
Taking ICT lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£70||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£120||£150|