In the first instance I like to get a clear idea of the student's current level of understanding of the topic at hand by asking open questions and getting them talking.
When I identify a potentially fruitful line of thinking I use the socratic method to go on a journey of discovery together. I encourage them to examine the logic underpinning their understanding and to see if it holds up to the light of logic. That way, we arrive at a solid understanding together rather than them accepting my opinion as dogma.
I am a trained actor, acting teacher and storyteller with an undergraduate degree from the LSE in Philosophy.
I have been teaching acting to adults for the past 18 months as well as teaching drama to younger children and leading study groups whilst at the LSE.
I am a highly articulate and engaging communicator with a unique blend of skills thanks to my background in performing, copywriting, brand naming and creative facilitation - as well as in the corporate world.
My mission is to use my knowledge and experience to help others understand themselves at the deepest level. Whether it be through art, storytelling or teaching - I love to see the lightbulb turn on in others.
SELECTED FREELANCE ASSIGNMENTS
* Teaching an in-depth acting technique which requires a lot of patient, delicate work as well as coming up with creative ways to facilitate the student to gain their own insights (rather than just taking my word for it). I hold the space for students to overcome whatever is in the way of their authentic, creative expression and find their own innate competence.
* At LSE I lead a study group for other students who were struggling to understand the course content for Analytic Philosophy.
* Facilitating creative workshops for young people using drama, devising and storytelling.
* Entertaining at birthday parties for children aged 3-10.
* I run a regular storytelling event in London, where we tell stories to live audiences.
* Running workshops to young children on growing your own food.
And much more... please ask for further details.
Philosophy - 2.1 BSc. (Hons.) (Full Scholarship)
London School of Economics
3 A Levels - ABB
Hartlepool 6th Form College
10 GCSE’s - 4 A*, 6A, 1B
High Tunstall School
Highest score in the UK for
GCSE Social Sciences
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£13||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£13||£150|