I base my classes on practical skills that students should develop over the course of university education. I strongly believe that a good foundation in essay writing skills and exam-taking techniques will allow students to achieve a top score in any IBDP subject. Having gone through the IBDP experience and come out of it with a top score that allowed me to achieve my academic aspirations at LSE, I know that I will be able to do the same for you. Here is a breakdown of my teaching method:
Step 1: Identify key areas in need of development through a free consultation session
Step 2: Design and structure the course around the student's strengths and weaknesses
Step 3: Help the student gain a comprehensive understanding of their subject's requirements (surprisingly, most IBDP students do not have a firm grasp of what it takes in order for them to achieve a high score)
Step 4: Begin tuition on key practical skills and exam-taking techniques
Step 5: Compile a detailed report on the student's performance and provide a predicted score at the end of the course
I graduated from the IBDP with an overall 40 (766 HL with As in both TOK and EE) and have been tutoring since. I am now in my final year of study at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Relevant IBDP scores:
- 7/7 for History HL
- A for Theory of Knowledge
- A for the Extended Essay
- BSc Politics at the London School of Economics and Political Science (predicted overall First Class Degree)
I charge £30 an hour because of my experience and background; I also tailor my course according to every student's individual needs. I will provide a report at the end of the course, detailing what the student can or needs to improve on followed by a detailed summary of what we did for every class.
The first free lesson will be a consultation session through which I will identify what the student needs, tailor a structured course for them, and explain how I conduct lessons.
EDUCATION & AWARDS
London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) – BSc Politics
- Predicted degree classification: Upper Second-Class Honours
Kang Chiao International School (KCIS)
- Awarded the New Taipei City Mayor’s Award for Extraordinary Extra-curricular Achievements
- Awarded the New Taipei City Director’s Award for Academic Excellence
- Graduated top of the 2018 class at KCIS with the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) —scored 40/45 with 766 at the Higher Level
To Achieve Excellence (since August 2018)
Director of Online Tuition and Instructor:
- Partnered with like-minded educators to launch and operate Taiwan’s only International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) consultation service
- Designed and ran 2 summer IBDP tutorial programs for 20 individual clients
- Spearheaded the TAE online IBDP tuition program by providing structured tutoring and consultation services to clients who needed help with university applications, the Extended Essay, and IB History HL
11+ school exam preparation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest test prep lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking university entrance lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£300|