I am able to give lessons in politics, philosophy and history up to A level. My key aim in lessons is to provide engaging lessons that encourage my students to think beyond the textbook and critically engage with the material. I want to instil a passion for learning within my students that will last well beyond our time together. Changing my lessons to suit the specific student is also something I prioritise- everybody learns differently and my lessons must reflect this. I am an open and bubbly person and encourage my students to share with me how they would like our classes to go.
I have experience teaching musical theatre, in which I had the pleasure of seeing students grow in skill and confidence. I would now love to transfer my skills into academic teaching. My personal achievements within and passion for my subjects mean I can provide enthusiastic but also academically rigorous tutoring. Furthermore, as I am still a student myself, I can relate to my students and understand what makes a good tutor from the students perspective.
The London School of Economic and Political Science (LSE) 2020-2023
BSc Politics and Philosophy
• Currently in my first year of the program.
• Modules include: Political Science, Political theory, Philosophies ‘Big Questions’ and Logic.
Notre Dame Sixth Form College, Leeds 2017- 2020
• A* in Politics, A* in Religious Studies and A in History at A level.
• Took part in many events run by the government society, including a trip to Parliament and several Q and A events with MPs and other political figures.
EMPLOYMENT AND VOLUNTEERING
Stagecoach Bradford 09/2018 - 03/2020
Early Stages Teaching Assistant
• Worked closely with the teachers to provide fun and engaging musical theatre training for 3-6 year olds.
• Helped ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children.
• Engaged with parents by giving verbal feedback after each class.
BAYC Youth Choir 04/2019 - 03/2020
• Carried out admin tasks such as registration and dealing with parents enquiries.
• Gave one to one assistance to any child in need of it.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ACTIVITIES
• Drama- Preformed in several theatre productions, most recently the LSE Drama Societies’ online ‘Musical Review’ and its upcoming production of EDGES.
• Leadership- Captained my secondary school Netball team, helping to organise training, matches and encouraging other pupils to join.
Perfect! Great tutor!
She was very thorough and took careful measures in
planning the lessons, helping me grasp complex concepts within Philosophy that I had previously struggled with or had forgotten.
She was very thorough and took careful measures in planning the lesson and helping me grasp some really complex concepts within Philosophy that I had previously struggled with or had forgotten.
She was very thorough and took careful measures in planning the lessons and helping me grasp a complex concepts within Philosophy that I had difficulty understanding or had forgotten.
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest philosophy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, ethics lessons for all!
Taking politics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£45||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£90||£100|