My teaching method is listening at which point my students are, asking them what they want to achieve and build a plan towards that.
I like to revise the content that we will be touching first so I can be prepared for any difficulties my student can have.
I am an engineer student doing a degree in Materials science at University of Manchester. I love science and I enjoy teaching physics and maths.
Spanish is my native language so I can teach from beginners level to advanced.
I can teach salsa dancing too!
Degree: The University of Manchester (2016 – 19) Materials Science and Engineering [BSc]
The National Graphene Institute - Summer Intern (Jun – Aug 2018)
• Developed the laboratory procedure for: mechanical and electrochemical polishing of copper surfaces; reliable gold electroplating of copper parts.
• Formulated the Standard Operating Procedure for gold electroplating in laboratory conditions.
• Assessed the health and safety risks forms.
The University of Manchester - Diversity and Wellbeing Lead Ambassador (Nov 2017 – Present)
• Raised awareness within the university community to call out any form of harassment and hate crime by planning and organising events that promote race and social equality in collaboration with students from different degree programs.
Speak Up! Stand Up! Campaign Social Media Promoter: UoM Student’s Union (Jul – Aug 2018)
• Examined the benefits of using different social media platforms to promote the campaign within the university community.
• Researched and analysed the optimal times of the day for each platform to reach more people and how to deliver the content more effectively to make our content more interactive.
INTO Manchester - Student Ambassador (Sep 2017 – Dec 2017)
• Greeted and welcomed students new to Manchester and the UK and made them aware of all the services the institution provides them to ensure they receive as much support as they may require in both academic and personal areas. Having experienced this situation myself I was able to give them advice in a way that allowed them to feel secure and cared, which is vital when being alone in a different country for the first time.
• Helped them to complete their registration forms at the institution and to incorporate to the school and the city by advising where to go in case they need medical care and in general daily life activities.
Mi Lindo Ecuador Restaurant - Waitress (Jun- Aug 2015)
• Working in a costumer facing role enabled me to work under pressure, to respond quickly and to improvise when something unexpected happened in a friendly and professional manner.
STEM Ambassador (Sep 2017 – Present)
• Talking to children in Science Fairs and at their schools about all the things they can learn by studying Materials Science and inspiring them to pursue a STEM degree.
Student Ambassador in the School of Materials Science (Nov 2016 - May 2017)
• Responsible for greeting new applicants and sharing my experience and advice on being a first year and international student.
Positions of Responsibility and Achievements
The University of Manchester:
PASS (Peer Assisted Study Sessions) Leader (Sep 2017 – Present)
• Organized weekly sessions for first year students on my study programme to facilitate them understand academic content as well as give them advice in any other area they need.
Cultural Events Coordinator for The Latin American Society (Sep 2018 – Present)
• Organization of: Latin American Film Screenings; ‘Habla and Chill’ which allows Spanish learners to practice with native speakers; free Salsa and Bachata dance lessons; and ‘The Open Mic’ a space for artists to share their talent in a friendly environment.
Student Representative for School of Materials (Sep 2017 – Present)
• Elected to be the link between students and staff to address academic issues and to improve the overall education experience of Materials Science and Engineering students.
Events Coordinator for The Photography Society (Sep 2017 – June 2018)
• Organized shooting events around the city of Manchester.
Paola is a very passionate and enthusiastic student at the University of Manchester, where she is completing with success her bachelor degree in Material Science and Engineering. Paola has always showed high interest in the theoretical lessons and practical demonstrations.
During the years at the University of Manchester, Paola was active as Representative Student where she developed strong interpersonal communication skills. She was also active as Peer Assisted Study Sessions Leader in supporting first year students to provide them academic assistance and personal support.
I recommend Paola as physics tutor, since she has acquired both communication and scientific skills, with high expertise in material science and engineering.
I've known Paola for a couple of months now, and I'm happy to recommend her. She's a great teacher, will be patient and guide you along your learning journey while being fun to be around and good to talk to. You'll learn and you'll have fun while you do. Highly recommended!
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geometry lessons for all!
Taking school science lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|