- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- General Mandarin (elementary/ intermediate): Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing skills;
- Academic Chinese (advanced): advanced reading and writing skills, ex. newspaper reading, essay writing.
- Mandarin for Children (elementary/ intermediate): Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing skills;
- Business Chinese (elementary/ intermediate ): focus on speaking and listening.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
MA in Chinese Pedagogy, also know as Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language (Ohio State University, USA)
- MA in Conference Interpreting & Translation Studies (University of Leeds, UK)
- BA in International Business (Harbin Institute of Technology, China)
- Training in International Business (University of Incheon, South Korea)
- How much do you charge?
A standard one-on-one session is 60 min. For learners under 18, cost for a standard session is 15 GBP. Otherwise, each one-hour session costs 25 GBP.
A second learner is only charged for another 5 GBP. A session can have up to 4 learners.
- Where do you teach?
Flexible. I live in Leeds, and am happy to travel.
- When are you available?
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
School age 6-15
Young adult 15-22
Mature learners 23-45
Senior learners 45 above
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Online session can be conducted by using MSN video chatting along with exchanging email. Video Chatting is important, if not essential for online learning because image can facilitate communication to a great extent.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Some people say that Chinese can be the hardest language ever to learn. Yes, it is. For this reason, I admire whoever decides to take on the challenge. My experience assures that I am the right person to give the right kind of support for your language learning. I love my language, I love teaching Chinese, and I really care about my students. Looking forward to meeting you! æœ‰æœ‹è‡ªè¿œæ–¹æ¥ï¼Œä¸äº¦ä¹ä¹Žï¼
- What kind of experience do you have?
Hello. My name is Rebekah.
I am an experienced Mandarin teacher with Master's degree in teaching Chinese as a foreign language. My teaching approach emphasizes on building up communication skills and the confidence in speaking Mandarin. Meanwhile, I help you to form a sound linguistic foundation, so that you will be able to learn the language on your own at a point later. For more about my classes, please email me or visit thetutorpages.com/tutor/rebekah.
I am an energetic person, and I love to speak and to teach my language. I believe you will find learning with me is a pleasant experience.
Look forward to hearing from you!
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Ohio State Universtiy, USA
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
ACTFL American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
mandarin lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|