I am a Functional Skills specialist. I concentrate on enabling students gain in confidence to reach their full potential in the skills needed for personal growth and progression to further and higher education.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Maths and English Entry Levels to Level 2.
GCSE/A Level Law
GCSE/A Level Sociology
- Tell me about your qualifications.
BA Honours Law/Sociology
PGCE with a Mathematics Level 4 Subject Specialism
City & Guilds Literacy Level 4
Master of Arts in Basic Skills Policy and Practice
- How much do you charge?
Free initial assessment then £27 - £30/hour
- Where do you teach?
At home and online
- When are you available?
Afternoons, evenings and week-ends
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach maths and English up to and including GCSE.
I teach GCSE and A-Level in Sociology and Law.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
GCSE Maths Foundation
A Level Law/Sociology
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I use zoom.us or skype
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I want my students to grow in confidence and reach their full potential."
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have 15 years teaching in a variety of settings. Throughout my teaching career I have engaged in many continual professional development courses including SLD training.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of The Independent Tutors Video Calls and The Ultimate Support Group For Online Tutors where we share teaching tips and ideas.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I am currently teaching Functional Skills Level 2 maths for a student going to university in September.
I am also currently working with three younger students who all had a fear of maths before our sessions. I use lots of interactive resources and games with my earlier key stages which I have found works really well.
Two of my learners who regularly study maths and English with me are reading some Shakespeare's stories for children which they are enjoying immensely.
literacy lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 11+ school exam preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 13 plus lessons for all!
Taking entrance exams lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|