I always found teaching music and languages very rewarding and interesting. Having the most variety of students have made me grow as a qualified teacher throughout the years and that is very gratifying.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Clarinet (any level).
- Bass clarinet (any level).
- Chamber Music.
- Piano (beginners to Grade 4)
- Music theory at any age/level (including harmony and analyse).
- Spanish (any level)
- English (TEFL & TESOL)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- MA of Music (Classical clarinet performance).
- MA of Music (Masters Orchestra) - to specialise in orchestra playing.
- Certificate in Minor Education - A 3-years programme learning subjects such as General Didactics and Instrumental Pedagogy.
- Certificate in Teaching Proficiency.
- Certificate in TEFL & TESOL - Master course.
- How much do you charge?
Please find my lesson rates stated above.
I always offer 50% discount in the first introductory lesson.
Regarding payment, I'd rather charge in blocks of five lessons, even if lessons don't happen in a weekly basis.
- Where do you teach?
I currently teach at home (Montpelier, BS2) as I don't have the time to travel to my students anymore.
- When are you available?
My current availability is quite flexible. I have got some free afternoons and mornings, depending on the weekday.
Please, feel free to contact me to ask for availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I have experience teaching people of all ages. I have taught children from four years old to adults of advanced age.
Levels are specified above.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I have prepared ABRSM/Trinity exams, or simply students who need other support (ear training, harmony, etc.).
I like tailoring my students regarding their needs, so whatever your requirements are, feel free to get in touch.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
For online tutoring I usually arrange lessons by skype. It is very practical, but saying that, sometimes connection is not brilliant - depending on the day.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I just would like to encourage students to have new experiences in life. I think is very important to have new goals and expectations. It can turn right or wrong, but we need to at least try.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Regarding my musical experience, I have played in orchestras and ensembles for many years, which has made me become the musician I am.
I have got six years experience in teaching clarinet and four years in teaching bass clarinet. I have also been giving private tuition in music theory, harmony and analyse for about four years.
In addition, I'm Spanish native speaker with five years teaching experience either in The Netherlands or England.
I have been teaching English as a Foreign Language for two years in The Netherlands and Spain.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes, I have got an updated DBS check.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I have been trained with some well-known clarinettists such as Mark van der Wiel, Ab Vos, Francisco J. GonzÃ¡lez, Julian Farrell, Pierre Woudenberg, David Kweksilber, Karl Leister and Walter Boeykens among others. I have also trained with very qualified pedagogy teachers, such as Julia Stegeman and Pietia van Proosdij.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Yes, I am a full member of the ISM (Incorporated Society of Musicians).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
They are very enthusiastic, I'm very happy with them. I've got adults and children, and it is so different... However, I love teaching any age, their different way of thinking gives me new targets to achieve. A teacher never stops learning!
• MA of Music (clarinet)
• Certificate of Teaching Proficiency/ Minor Education in Music/ EFL
• I have a recent DBS (formerly CRB)
• ISM member (Incorporated Society of Musicians)
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|