I am a Scottish-Japanese pianist, and spent 11 years training at conservatoires and freelancing in London. I have been based in Exeter since 2015.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Musicianship (Aural, improvisation, sightreading)
I'm also a highly experienced accompanist
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Bachelor of Arts in Musical Performance from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama (Now Royal Conservatoire of Scotland)
- Bachelor of Music (honours) in Performance from the Royal College of Music
- Postgraduate Diploma in Piano Accompaniment from the Royal College of Music
- Masters Degree in Advanced Instrumental Studies from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama,
During my Masters I specialised in 20th Century and contemporary music and gained a distinction for my final recital in Milton Court In London's Barbican Centre.
I received various scholarships to support my studies, including awards from Pro Musica Ltd, the Worshipful Company of Stationers and the Guildhall Music Trust.
- How much do you charge?
My standard rate is £32 per hour for one-to-one tuition (in line with MU rates for 2016).
Blocks of lessons are paid for in advance. If I am travelling I may need charge a fee relative to travel time and cost.
A trial lesson is highly recommended before committing to lessons. I offer a discount for this.
Once it has been decided that lessons will commence, both student/parent and teacher sign a Lesson Agreement which aims to protect both student and teacher.
- Where do you teach?
I am available to teach within the city of Exeter. I am based in St Leonards, but am happy to travel within reasonable distances.
- When are you available?
I am available weekdays and evenings during term time, and am often available during the holidays. Feel free to make inquiries about my availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All ages from 4 through to adults.
I have taught beginners right up to post grade 8 and diploma students.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I have experience with preparing students for Associated Board Exams, as well as the Trinity Guildhall Exams.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching for the last 14 years, including 5 years as a peripatetic teacher and accompanist in an independent school in London. In October 2015 I was appointed as a Visiting Music Teacher at Blundell's School, Tiverton.
I am a qualified and experienced accompanist, having played with other instrumentalists since I began piano at the age of 7. I have excellent sightreading skills, and have accompanied all levels of instrumentalists, from beginners to professionals.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes - I am registered on the DBS update service.
- Where and with whom did you train?
Rolf Hind: Guildhall School of Music and Drama London
John Blakely and Roger Vignoles: Royal College of Music, London
John Thwaites (piano) and Katie Hull (violin): Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, Glasgow (now Royal Conservatoire of Scotland)
North East of Scotland Music School, Aberdeen: Nigel Clayton (piano) and Gillian Findlay (violin)
I have also had private tuition with Huw Watkins and Julian Jacobson
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
• BMus (hons)
• BA (Music) - RSAMD; BMus (hons) - RCM; PGDip - RCM; MMus - GSMD
• CRB checked
• Musicians' Union
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£32||£32||Not available|