I am a very successful and effective home tutor. My 'Special Needs' training has equipped me with the skills to assess and develop programmes of work.
I am happy to advise and offer regular feedback on progress and future needs.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
English and Maths
- Tell me about your qualifications.
B.Ed Hons in Education, Special Needs and History.
Additional Training in Autism, ADHD and Dyslexia
- How much do you charge?
£25ph plus a small amount for travel over 5 miles.
Discounts for extra children in the family.
Discounts for extra hours.
- Where do you teach?
All areas around my home town.
- When are you available?
From 3pm to 8pm weekday evenings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Entrance Exams, SATs, 11 plus, End of stage assessments.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
If you are struggling with Maths or English, I can help you. I have a variety of teaching methods which I use to increase your understanding and confidence. I will work sympathetically with all learning needs. I will give advice to parents and listen to their concerns. I work very hard to make sure that the teaching matches the learning need.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching for 24 years and tutoring for 4 years.
This has included mainstream Classroom Teaching and Learning Support in both Primary and Secondary Schools.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes, I have an 'up to date' CRB Certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
Leeds University and The University of Strathclyde.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
The General Teaching Council in Scotland.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
My current students include 4 Maths students ranging from 7-13 yrs. Also 6 English students ranging from 8-12yrs. Two of these children have Dyslexia.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£25||Not available|