I prefer using PowerPoint Presentations to teach various topics. A basic class will comprise of a very brief introduction on the topics covered for that particular session. Powerpoints will not consist of large bodies of text but instead be delivered as short point-wise statements with any diagrammatic representation as and when necessary. At the end of a presentation, I will provide a brief summary along with common questions that would allow students to quickly brainstorm the lesson outcomes.
I have a Bachelor's degree in Zoology and have experience in other fields such as Chemistry, Botany and Environmental Science. I am currently pursuing a Master's degree in Biotechnology. I prefer teaching at the degree level. I have knowledge in fields such as Cell Biology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Freshwater Ecology, Biochemistry. Due to my interest in not only Animal Biology but also medicine, I have studied topics such as Cancer Biology as well.
Name : Ankit Hridayanand Nayak
DOB : 26th December 1998
8th Exam : Cambridge Checkpoint Examinations (English : 5.1/6, Mathematics : 4.6/6, Science : 5.7/6)
10th : Cambridge International Examination (CIE) – 78%
12th : Cambridge International Examination “AS and A Level” (CIE) – 57%
First Year BSc: 8.2 GPA
1) Chemistry – A combination of classes in Advanced Analytical Chemistry, Advanced Inorganic and Organic Chemistry along with Advanced Physical Chemistry.
2) Botany – Classes covering Taxonomy and Classification, Genetics, Molecular Biology.
3) Zoology – Classes covering Basic Classification, Genetics and Physiology.
4) Foundation Course – Topics covered included Environmental Science.
Second Year BSc: 8.95 GPA
1) Botany – A combination classes covering Bioinformatics, Cell Biology, Further Taxonomy and Classification, Plant Physiology, Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, Plant Tissue Culture and Biostatistics.
2) Zoology – Classes covering topics such as Enzymology, Genetics, Animal Physiology, Histology, Microbiology, Organ Systems of Organisms on the basis of Taxonomy and Comparative Embryology.
3) Foundation Course – Topics covered included Environmental Science, Basic Psychology.
Final Year BSc: 9.66 GPA
1) Zoology Major – Classes taken included Chick Embryology, Histology, Pathophysiology, Microbiology, Advanced Cell Biology, Health and Nutrition, Advanced Bioinformatics, Genetics, Biostatistics, Biochemistry, Zoopharmacognosy, Animal Tissue Culture, GLP, Biotechnology, Human Osteology, Advanced Taxonomy and Classification.
2) Applied Component – Classes taken included topics such as GIS, Waste Management Systems, Geography and Environmental Science.
Final Grade awarded: A
1. Undertook training at college level for “Plant Tissue Culture”.
2. Completed 6 week Online Course “Introduction to the biology of cancer” on Coursera. Programme offered by Johns Hopkins University. Final result: 91%.
3. Attended 3 day internship held by Taraporewala Marine Research Station about Aquascaping and Ornamental Fish.
4. Participated in Avishkar Research Convention 2017 and again in 2018
5. Participated in a Nanotechnology event organized by the Indian Institute of Technology-Kharagpur.
1. Fish Breeding, Fish Keeping and Aquascaping
3. Playing Musical Instruments – Piano and Drums.
4. Sports – Football
Languages spoken: -
Scientific Interests: -
1. Link between chromatophores and fish behaviour.
2. Fish as Bioindicators for heavy metal toxicity.
3. Efficacy of Ayurvedic Drugs to cure Zoonotic Diseases.
4. Use of dried and compressed Fish Swim Bladder as a medical aid.
5. Differences in Parental care as displayed by various species of South and Central American Cichlids.
6. Hybrid Vigor in Cichlids in the ornamental industry.
Specific Skills Acquired: -
1) Maintaining sterile conditions during lab work to ensure a high degree of hygiene and safety.
2) Skills in Plant Tissue Culture
3) Skills in Animal Tissue Culture
Currently pursuing a Master’s degree in Marine Biodiversity and Biotechnology at Heriot Watt University.
Perfect! Ankit was an excellent tutor he was incredibly efficient and helpful he saved my degree. Highly recommend, nice guy and incredibly reliable!
cellular biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microbiology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, molecular biology lessons for all!
Taking zoology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£8|