I have nearly 20 years teaching/tutoring experience from (KS1-KS4).
I am passionate about teaching, learning and tutoring and by encouraging confidence in my pupils they are teaching their required standards.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
English, Maths, Science, French, Latin and German from KS1 - KS3
German and English to KS4
English as a Foreign Language KS1-KS5
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Certificate of Education from St.Mary's Teacher Training College, Twickenham, Middx (part of London University)
Qualified to teach Secondary specialising in English Literature and Language and German to GCSE
Primary KS1 & KS2in all subjects
ISP School Programme (Intensive Support Programme for Years 2 & 6.
- How much do you charge?
The amount I charge in £35 (up to KS2) - £40 (KS3-4) per hour with a reduced rate for 90 mins, and if I have to travel more than 2 miles I would charge £5 extra for petrol.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at home or I can travel to the nearby towns of Reigate, Banstead, Epsom, Sutton and Redhill as I live in Kingswood, Surrey.
- When are you available?
In general I am flexible so am available weekdays or weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All levels from KS1 to KS4
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
SATS at KS1, KS2, 11+, Common Entrance and GCSE
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Never give up on your ability to improve and do well in subjects you feel you are struggling with.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been a full time teacher from 2002 - 2015 in both primary and secondary schools in both the state and private sectors across all year groups - teaching all subjects in primary schools and English, German and French in Secondary schools.
I have tutored privately both primary and secondary pupils in both the state and private sectors for SATS, 11+ and Common Entrance Examinations with success. After completion of the ISP programme I was employed by Herts & Essex County Council from 2009 - 2011 as a tutor for LAC pupils who were fostered, excluded from school awaiting placement or re-integration into a local school. These pupils were from Year 2 - Year 11 and involved teaching the National Curriculum SATS & GCSE programmers in Reading, Maths & English with a report written by me at the beginning and end of the period together with a progress report for each pupil which was submitted to County Council at the end of each month.
I have taught TEFL at home and abroad.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
St. Mary's Teacher Training College, Twickenham, Middx (part of London University)
Northampton University, ISP Herts & Essex County Council
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
As I have just moved to Surrey, my previous student (up until December 2015) was a 10 year old boy who required booster lessons in English for his Common Entrance Examination to Public School.
• Certificate of Education - qualified teacher (QTS) qualified to teach KS4, KS3, KS2 & KS1
• TEFL - Return to Teaching Professional Qualification
• GTC (General Teaching Council) National Union of Teachers (NUT)
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£40||£40||Not available|