- Hourly rate £25
- Response Time 24h
Unfortunately, this tutor is unavailable
Marnie - Kilburn - Media Studies
- at their home
- at your home
- By webcam
About the lesson
I believe in helping students to achieve their best possible results to increase their life chances in whatever goals they choose to pursue.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I have many years experience teaching English and Media at secondary level, GCSE and A level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, a Master of Arts in Modern Literature and a PGCE from the Institute of Education, University of London.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £25 per hour for all teaching, but will agree to a block of lessons at a reduced price. For example, 5 lessons for £100.
- Where do you teach?
I teach in my home in Crouch End (preferably), but may be available to come to your home.
- When are you available?
I am available in the evening and on weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all secondary levels for English and Media, Key stages 3, 4, and 5.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I am very good at teaching exam revision and have many successful strategies for raising achievement, particularly targeting C/D borderline students.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
If students would like me to tutor them on-line, this could be done in the evening or on the weekend. I am willing to be flexible.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Always try your best to succeed. And don't give up!
- Media Studies
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have taught English and Media at 3 different inner-city comprehensives teaching mixed ability classrooms. I am currently teaching English Literature A level and GCSE retake at a sixth form college.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes, I have an up to date CRB check and I am currently in a teaching position at a sixth form college.
- Where and with whom did you train?
The Institute of Education, University of London.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have taught many students across north London with various ethic backgrounds, I am certainly experienced in teaching in multicultural classrooms. I am equally successful teaching high achieving students and have had great success in raising achievement in lower ability students.
- 5h: £125
- 10h: £250