I am a dynamic and passionate violin teacher with over 10 years' experience working with students of all ages and levels, teaching in English and French.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Violin, viola and music theory
- Tell me about your qualifications.
After completing my a Bachelors degree in music performance in my home town of Sydney, Australia, I pursued my musical studies in Europe and hold Masters degrees in both violin performance and violin pedagogy from the Haute École de Musique in Geneva, Switzerland.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £50/hour, £40/45mins and £30/half-hour lessons. There may be a travel surcharge depending on travel arrangements up to a maximum of £15. I offer a free consultation lesson!
- Where do you teach?
I teach from home in Battersea, London and I am happy to travel to locations within around a 3 mile radius.
- When are you available?
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
ABRSM and Trinity Guildhall exams
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have over 10 years teaching experience working with students of all ages and levels in varied teaching environments in both English and French. Such experience includes private teaching as well as tuition in primary, secondary and specialized music schools.
My approach to teaching is student-centric tackling technical or postural challenges in a logical and efficient manner ultimately allowing the student to explore, discover and express their own creative ideas. With younger students, I introduce the wonders of music and the violin using a variety of fun and stimulating methods to suit the child, whilst with more advanced pupils I tailor repertoire choices to suit the needs and preferences of the student. My teaching also incorporates general music theory, and addresses psychological aspects of learning a performance instrument including exam and concert preparation, as well as issues relating to performance anxiety if they arise.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
• Masters in Violin Performance, Haute École de Musique de Genève
• Masters in Violin Pedagogy, Haute École de Musique de Genève
• DBS and Child Protection in Education (Music) Certificate
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|