Do you wish to master Chinese in the QUICKEST possible time? As a highly qualified and professional native-Chinese speaking tutor, I'll show you how!
1st hour FREE trial session!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Mandarin.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Master's Degree in English Language
Bachelor's Degree in English Language Education
Certificate of Mandarin Chinese Proficiency
Certificate of Teaching Qualification for Higher Education
Certificate of University Teacher in Englaish as a Second Language
Certificate of Occupational Foreign Language (Japanese)
College Degree of Sales and Marketing
- How much do you charge?
• 1-1 face to face lesson: £25/hour; or £43 for 2 consecutive hours
• Online lesson via Skype: £25/hour
• For group students, please contact me to discuss.
- Where do you teach?
I teach in my home / student's home / public place / on-line.
- When are you available?
Weekdays & weekends;
Days and evenings(All time)
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Tailor-made lessons provided for all age groups: beginners, intermediate and advanced learners -
Up to 11 years (Primary school)
11+ (Secondary school)
GCSE or Standards
A Level or Highers
Learning Materials -
I mainly use the following textbooks and also compile tailor-made learning resources. Tutee's favourite books can also be used.
• Edexcel GCSE Chinese
• Edexcel Chinese for As
• Edexcel Chinese for A2
• Standard Course HSK (1-6) (HSK: Chinese Proficiency Test)
• (Beijing Language and Culture University Press)
• New Practical Chinese Reader (1-4) (Beijing Language and Culture University Press)
• Kuai Le Han Yu (Happy Chinese) (1-3)
(People's Education Press)
• Learn Chinese With Me (1-4) (People's Education Press)
• Business Chinese for Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced (Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press)
• Winning in China- Business Chinese (Beijing Language and Culture University Press)
• New Century Business Chinese Series - Listening (Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press)
• Easy Chinese (Beijing University Press)
• Easy Peasy Chinese (Mandarin Chinese for Beginners)
(Dorling Kindersley Limited)
• Talk - Mandarin Chinese (BBC Active)
• 15-Minute Mandarin Chinese (Dorling Kindersley Limited)
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
A Level Chinese
Bachelor's Degree in Chinese Language
HSK (Level 1-6)
HSKK (Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced)
YCT (Youth Chinese Test)
BCT (Business Chinese Test)
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
My tutoring covers pronunciation (pinyin system), vocabulary/expressions, grammatical structures, sentence patterns, daily conversations, listening and reading comprehensions, writing, culture/etiquette and simplified Chinese characters.
One of the effective ways I assist my students is by developing and presenting thorough and stimulating lesson plans that facilitate all learning styles. I research, locate and incorporate a variety of resources to accommodate students' needs and I integrate literature, workshop, classroom activities and technology to ensure the students are able to comprehend and retain the concepts of the target language. My aim is to foster and maintain an open, fun, interactive, stimulating, communicative and supportive learning environment in which each student feels intrigued, concentrated, appropriately challenged and motivated.
Also working as a teacher in both Chinese and English has given me a deep insight into differences between the languages, esp. in the features of word uses and structures, hence it allows me to explain explicitly similarities and differences of the mother tongue and target language to the learners so as to gain the best results of learning.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have excellent teaching skills demonstrated by 10 years of language teaching experience as a university English language teacher and Chinese language tutor.
Back in China, I worked as a teacher in English as a second language and was awarded as Excellent Teacher in School of Humanities, Xi'an University of Technology.
I started tutoring English speakers in Chinese in the UK in 2010. Having been a university English language teacher and Mandarin instructor makes me a versatile teacher. I've taken the opportunity to instruct a wide variety of students from various backgrounds and with varied learning purposes.
I am able to utilise my analytical mind, across-the-board knowledge and understanding in Chinese language, extensive teaching skills and experience to implement comprehensive, systematic and constructive teaching approaches to effectively support students' needs, integrate multi-cultural teaching units, create and design curriculum and learning materials, make accurate assessments and offer positive encouragement and keep students fully focused and motivated; as a consequence of this, the leaners' targets can be obtained in good time.
Having been working in UK-based multi-cultural companies during 2012-2015 as translator/interpreter, China Business Development manager and consultant, I'm also able to help business people with Business Mandarin, and especially the relevant business affairs and knowledge in China.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
• Master's Degree in English Language
• Certificate of University Teacher in English as a Second Language
• CRB checked
• Certificate of Mandarin Chinese Proficiency
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|