My teaching method is based on active learning! Stay engaged with short bursts of taught content followed by questions to consolidate your memory.
Each lesson will focus on a specific module from your exam board - together, we will work through the module to produce summary notes for easy revision. Once we nail the content, I will teach you exam technique to ensure you read and answer exam questions to the best of your ability!
I provide 24/7 support via email for all my students; this means that help with homework, rescheduling or changing the focus of next lesson is always possible.
I have three years experience teaching GCSE and A-level Biology, online and in-person, and have helped over a dozen students reach and exceed their target grades. I provide 24/7 support via email to all my tutees and work flexibly around your schedule.
Dedicated and engaging Biology Tutor with three years of experience in private GCSE and A-level tuition, online and in-person, with proven results. Adept at assessing student needs and delivering tailored lesson plans, based on active learning methods, to achieve students personal best. A strong academic background, combined with an interactive and creative teaching style, makes for an effective educator and constructive learning environment.
2018 – 2021 Biology Tutor | Tutor Hunt
- Collaborated with and actively listened to parents and student to assess academic needs
- Designed visual and engaging lessons based on active learning techniques
- Continuously monitored student response to different teaching methods and adapted future lessons accordingly
- Consolidated student knowledge with practice questions
- Marked homework and in-class assessment to identify areas for improvement
- Taught examination technique to maximise student’s ability to read and respond to exam style questions effectively
- Received 5 star reviews from students and parents
2018 – 2019 Teaching Assistant | School of Biological Sciences | Plymouth University
- Completed Support, Assessment, Learning and Teaching training program
- Supported delivery of Research Skills classes to groups of 30 undergraduate students
- Adjusted lesson plan to suit individual needs and abilities
- Provided detailed feedback for individual and group projects
- Built and developed strong rapport with students to create a trusting learning environment
2018 – 2020 Masters of Research | Graded Pass
2014 – 2018 BSc Hons Marine Biology and Coastal Ecology | Graded 1st class
Ellen is a dedicated and knowledgeable young professional, assisting me with my A-level Biology I am certain I would not have passed without her dedication to my learning.
I would strongly recommend her services for both young and older demographic's.
10/10 service, thanks Ellen!
I worked alongside Ellen studying our Bachelors together.
Ellen is great at articulating ideas.
Her character is very open/approachable and at the same focused and professional.
Having seen Ellen in action, I can absolutely recommend her as a first-class tutor. She is kind, patient and very articulate, any student would greatly benefit from sharing her knowledge and experience.
I worked with Ellen at the University of Plymouth when she was completing her Masters. Ellen is a fantastic communicator with the ability to clearly explain complicated concepts, and whose passion for natural sciences is obvious. She has a lovely character, is trustworthy and overall is lovely to be around.
Ellen is a gifted and enthusiastic communicator and educator. She excels in distilling complex ideas into a form that can be interpreted by different audiences and has a proven track record in science communication and education.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anatomy lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£300|