I'm a big believer in making what I'm teaching relevant and interesting. Why would you pay me to ramble on if you don't care about what we're discussing? I've been speaking in public since I was 12 and I like to communicate in a fun and clear manner. I've learned from some great orators in academia, people who can make the functioning of the perceptual system as interesting as a new video game to a grade-school child on Boxing Day.
I finished my undergraduate degree in psychology with distinction in 2015 in Canada. After graduation I published three peer-reviewed papers prior to beginning my master's degree here in Aberdeen last fall. I have experience in all major subfields in psychology, publishing, some statistical methods, and the research process. I can help with both concepts and theories in psychology and where the rubber meets the road - the publication cycle.
2018: Masters of Psychology & Research (MRes). The University of Aberdeen
2016: Independent Study (honours) St. Thomas University
2015: Bachelor of Arts (distinction) St. Thomas University
2011: High-school Valedictorian (Governor Generals Award recipient) Cambridge-Narrows School
2016-2017 - GEO Sales Rep (FT) PepsiCo
2015-16 - Cashier on Duty (PT) Chapters Indigo
2014-16 – Teaching Assistant (PT) St. Thomas University
2014 – Newspaper feature writer (Freelance) The Grand Lake Mirror
2010-14 – Receiving and Shift Manager (FT) One Stop N.B.
2014-2016 Volunteer. Alzheimer’s Society
2014-15 President, Psychology Society. St. Thomas University.
2012- Team Leader. Ukraine Missions. World Hope of Canada.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Publisher, PPT, Excel).
• Experience working with data across various platforms like R, SPSS, Magic, and MatLab with some coding experience.
• Experience writing and publishing in print and online, including academic papers.
• Over ten years’ experience in public speaking and relating ideas.
• Nine years’ sales experience including business to business, territory sales, and retail, dealing with dynamic clientele.
• Experience living and working abroad with various culture and languages.
• Experience working with large data sets, including data analysis and both written and oral communication of results.
• Eight years of experience in leadership roles, both in volunteer and professional capacities.
general knowledge lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest philosophy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, psychology lessons for all!
Taking journalism lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£9||£7|
|5 hours||Not available||£45||£35|
|10 hours||Not available||£90||£70|