I have taught various categories of students from GCSE to master’s level mathematical courses. I do not use the same approach to teaching all the time. I always adapt my approach based on factors such as subject being taught, the current knowledge or skillset of the learner, the expectation and the time frame to learn. The goal is to come up with a plan that meets the objectives of the learner in the time frame that is available. For example, if the time duration is longer, I might give the student some exercises to do independently to buttress and enhance the student’s understanding.
Mathematics Educator for various student audiences in onsite, online and distance formats. Utilizes technology for instruction delivery, performance data collection and analysis, and learning materials production. I have a bachelors and master’s degree in Mathematics from Cleveland State University in the United States. My technological experience includes the following:
• MyMathLab, MyStatLab, Canvas, eCollege, Angel, Blackboard, ALEKS, Omega Math, PEAK, StudyIsland, AventaLearning.
• Mathematica, Maple, Matlab, Powerpoint, Excel.
• MathType, LaTeX, Paint, Word.
• TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator, Smartboard, Interactive Video Distance Learning.
I have been teaching Mathematics for the past 15 years and some of my accomplishment and publications are as follows:
Posted on Facebook.com/jrgeometry and Linkedin.com/pub/alex-jefferson/22/230/805/ -
●A Fractal Characteristic of the Distribution of the Prime Numbers; verification that the distribution of the set of prime numbers is fractal. ●Mathematical Model of Edward Leedskalnin’s Perpetual Motion Holder; mathematically modeled an electromagnetic energy storage device.
Samples posted on Facebook.com/jrgeometry. Published on Amazon.com (under jrgeometry), Lulu.com (under jrgeometry), Teacherspayteachers.com (under jrgeometry) -
●Euclidean Geometry with: 1) Applications to Algebra I, 2) Distance & Spherical Surfaces, 3) Four-Dimensional Spheres, ●Transformations, ●Geometric Algebra I Part 2, ●Geometric Algebra I Part 1, ●Distance and Spherical Surfaces, ●Four-dimensional Diameters, ●Indirect Measurement, ●Volume, ●Area & Surface Area, ●Polygons, ●Circles, ●Triangles, ●Proofs, ●Angles.
• Master of Science in Mathematics, August 1995, Cleveland State University, OH.
• Mathematics Teaching License (7 – 12), May 1997, Ashland University, OH.
• Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics, June 1990, Cleveland State University, OH.
Online/Blended Teaching Experience:
Education Empowerment Group, Akron OH, Aug 2018 – Present.
• Use computer overhead projector and educational websites.
• Embrace urban students familiar with rejection and disadvantage, providing them with new hope and interest in mathematics learning.
• Teach Geometry, Algebra II, Algebra I, Personal Finance.
Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH, Aug 2003 – Jun 2016.
• Used ALEKS, smartboard, AventaLearning, StudyIsland.
• Used eSchoolPlus, JupiterGrades, and SchoolNet for data collection and recording.
• Taught Geometry, Precalculus, Algebra II, Algebra I, Statistics & Probability, State Math Test Preparation, weekly Math Challenges and Math Art Day.
Avon Local Schools, Avon, OH, Aug 2002 - Jun 2003.
• Used QuickCAD as Geometry instructional tool in the computer lab.
• Taught Honors Geometry, Regular Geometry, online using Omega Math, weekly proof-writing competitions.
Lorain City Schools, Lorain OH, Aug 1996 – Jun 2002.
• Used Maple and the internet for student assignments.
• Taught Geometry, Algebra, Prealgebra, Vocational Math, and Proficiency Math for standardized test preparation.
Online/Blended Adjunct Mathematics Instructor
Bryant & Stratton College, Cleveland OH, Aug 2016 – Nov 2017.
• Used smartboard, taught Workplace Mathematics, assignments given to use Excel for data graphs and Word for report writing.
Terra Community College, Fremont, OH, Jun 2009 – Apr 2011.
• Used Angel, taught Precalculus, Intermediate Algebra, Business Mathematics, Basic Algebra.
Chancellor University, Cleveland, OH, Aug 1994 – Jun 2010.
• Used Blackboard and Angel, taught Quantitative Analysis, Probability & Statistics, Business Calculus, Intermediate Algebra, Basic Algebra, College Mathematics, Math Fundamentals.
• Conducted Math Refresher workshops, group tutoring.
Lincoln College of New England Online, Southington, CT, Jul 2013 – Sept 2015.
• Used Canvas, MyStatLab, MyMathLab, eCollege, taught Elementary and Advanced Statistics
• Re-designed the statistics course from a 5-week format to an 8-week format.
DeVry University Online, Wood Dale, IL, Jun 2011 – Jun 2013.
• Used eCollege, taught Basic Algebra, Introduction to Algebra.
South University Online, Pittsburgh, PA, Nov 2009 – Dec 2011.
• Used eCollege, taught Principles of Algebra, Intermediate Algebra.
Educate Online, Baltimore, MD, Jan 2008 – Mar 2010.
• Taught online nationwide middle and high school students.
• Taught Geometry, Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Data Analysis, and Fundamental Math.
Albert is an excellent tutor. He is an expert in his field and a professional that works to deliver excellent work. I recommend him
He is not just a tutor, he is a mentor and a coach. I recommend him to anyone that wants mathematics and IT related tutoring
Albert goes beyond what is required to get the job done. I recommend him
An excellent tutor, one that is committed to teaching and imparting knowledge. I highly recommend him.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|